PDA

View Full Version : Cities With The Most Distressed Homes (Top 10)

N2NH
01-23-2014, 06:53 PM
A very interesting list. Some homes in Detroit are being sold for less than $10K. And you'd expect Detroit to be Numero Uno with a bullet... but you'd be wrong. Both Orlando/Kissimmee and Las Vegas have them beat. In fact of the top 5, 3 of these cities are in Florida.

Regarding the 'Happiest Place on Earth:'

Nearly one in five home sales in the Orlando area was a short sale in December of last year, meaning it sold below the value of the mortgage on the property. In addition to this, another 16% of homes sold were foreclosure-related, making Orlando the second most popular metro area for distressed sales. Many regions in Florida, including Orlando, were hit hard by falling prices during the housing crisis. The situation has improved somewhat, but last month 57% of sales were all-cash, implying families have still not fully returned to the market.

Apparently this is business as usual there as there is rarely a mention of it. Not news I guess.

Cities Selling the Most Distressed Homes (http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/01/23/cities-selling-the-most-distressed-homes/)

Link in the clear: http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/01/23/cities-selling-the-most-distressed-homes/

kb2vxa
01-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Eh, Micky Moose drove them out of Orlando and they no more Kissa Me. Lost Vegas rather speaks for itself.

NQ6U
01-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Lost Vegas rather speaks for itself.

It's Adam's fault. Bass players always drive down property values.

K7SGJ
01-23-2014, 08:15 PM
It's Adam's fault. Bass players always drive down property values.

I heard that just because of him, they tore the houses down so they could build a slum.

kb2vxa
01-25-2014, 01:05 PM
They don't have to tear the houses down, just crank the amp up to 10 and they fall down.

Short and somewhat abridged short story:
Once upon a time while I recorded the last of the Lemon Tree Jams named for the woman's clothing boutique our little ad hoc band played in when it was closed on Sunday there was a bit of minor demolition as they were packing up to leave. The cranky old cashier in the Quicky Mart next door had complained to the cops about the "noise". Having already packed up my rack mounted equipment and mics in the van I went to buy some munchies when it happened. The bass player whose mother owned the boutique turned his Altec-Lansing 15" 500 Voice of the Theatre quad cabinet to the wall, cranked up the 150W Marshall and played random chords. Boxes fell off the shelves like a waterfall, the cashier went ape shit, everybody else hysterically laughing, and she so distracted I quietly left with an armload of munchies.

Oh, I don't know which company made a bass cabinet with 8 Altec-Lansing woofers in it. Mike B. sawed his in half and made two because the monster was just too big to haul around.

K7SGJ
01-25-2014, 01:10 PM
They don't have to tear the houses down, just crank the amp up to 10 and they fall down.

Short and somewhat abridged short story:
Once upon a time while I recorded the last of the Lemon Tree Jams named for the woman's clothing boutique our little ad hoc band played in when it was closed on Sunday there was a bit of minor demolition as they were packing up to leave. The cranky old cashier in the Quicky Mart next door had complained to the cops about the "noise". Having already packed up my rack mounted equipment and mics in the van I went to buy some munchies when it happened. The bass player whose mother owned the boutique turned his Altec-Lansing 15" 500 Voice of the Theatre quad cabinet to the wall, cranked up the 150W Marshall and played random chords. Boxes fell off the shelves like a waterfall, the cashier went ape shit, everybody else hysterically laughing, and she so distracted I quietly left with an armload of munchies.

Oh, I don't know which company made a bass cabinet with 8 Altec-Lansing woofers in it. Mike B. sawed his in half and made two because the monster was just too big to haul around.

They don't go to 11 like mic audio on an 11 meter rig? Who Gnu?

kb2vxa
01-25-2014, 10:03 PM
They go to 22 when you put a power mic on.

suddenseer
01-26-2014, 04:28 PM
It's Adam's fault. Bass players always drive down property values.Time for bass player jokes.

How do you get a bass player off your front porch?

Pay him for the pizza he just delivered.