PDA

View Full Version : The Musketeers

HUGH
01-21-2014, 03:50 PM
This looks a worthwhile, 10-part, offering from the BBC (and BBC America) judging by the first episode. I liked the sets, settings and even the attention to detail of the props. The baddies are obvious, there's fighting, bloodshed and attractive ladies in tight-fitting bustiers.

What else do you need?

NQ6U
01-21-2014, 06:38 PM
What else do you need?

I need my local cable TV system to stop offering BBC America only as an overpriced a la carte premium channel like HBO and put it on the "Extended" tier along with the other similar channels.

K7SGJ
01-21-2014, 07:28 PM
I need my local cable TV system to stop offering BBC America only as an overpriced a la carte premium channel like HBO and put it on the "Extended" tier along with the other similar channels.

Maybe Hugh can tape them and run them on SSTV on 20 meters for us.

N2NH
01-21-2014, 11:07 PM
Maybe Hugh can tape them and run them on SSTV on 20 meters for us.

Well, As far as I know, you can send mp4s via HF on data channels and ID'ing properly... just a thought. We probably will not even see that on BBC-A for a couple of years if ever...

I'm wrong on that. They say on the website, "Spring, 2014." (http://www.bbcamerica.com/musketeers/)

HUGH
01-22-2014, 05:27 PM
I can certainly record them and then think what to do after.

I understand there's a deliberate delay in showing many programs in the USA but I didn't know there are fortunes being charged for watching others.

kb2vxa
01-22-2014, 10:28 PM
Well, you learn something new every day. BeeSO needs my Comcast basic digital, I get BBCA. That having been said, my friend in Edinburgh Glen GM1JWC in yesterday's e-mail said he's a happy bunny because of the BBC's new show line up, so I sent him a happy bunny that fits his WERDO@WW packet radio BBS persona. I understand BBCA will at least get Musketeers, I don't know about the rest.

N2NH
01-26-2014, 05:13 PM
I can certainly record them and then think what to do after.

I understand there's a deliberate delay in showing many programs in the USA but I didn't know there are fortunes being charged for watching others.

Oh yeah. BBC-A even broadcasts commercials. Heresy! :lol:

kb2vxa
01-26-2014, 07:22 PM
Heresy or Hershey squirts?

Ya got my Herb Alpert album there, popular on a certain pirate radio station at the time. Short story: A local garage band practiced in the yard and not having a PA, lines for a mic and speaker were run out the window, inside hooked up to the sound board and monitor amp when the station was off air. Just as the band was about to take a break the jock spun Tijuana Taxi and the band faked it. The groupies gathered round didn't notice the missing horns and other instruments.