PDA

View Full Version : DXpedition Dialog

X-Rated
01-16-2014, 09:13 PM
https://soundcloud.com/sq8x/jerry-rosalius-wb9z?in=sq8x/sets/ft5zm-interview

Jerry Rosalius, WB9Z [04:36]
What are you looking forward the most? What was your most vivid recollection for your first DXpedition in 1999? Can you give us a fly-over view of what antennas you’re going to be erecting?

Neighbor

kb2vxa
01-17-2014, 02:05 PM
"The team spoke with Onno VK6FLAB on their arrival in Perth before embarking on their 9 day ocean voyage to activate FT5ZM on Amsterdam Island."

FLAB? We poke fun at fat, out of shape hams tooling around hamfests going round round round on their Hoverounds because the steering is stuck and overfed Dutchmen but this really takes the cake and eats it too!

Speaking of the overfed, I'm surprised the Pennsylvania Dutch aren't fat (except a few) with all that fabulous food! Mom being one I ate so much I could have burst at home and visiting her family. Since we couldn't get it in Jersey we brought carloads of the Wos Wit and Cope's brands home, their chow chow and dried corn in particular we just couldn't get enough of. Why dried corn? Foods made with the regular stuff doesn't even come close, try some cream corn made with brown sugar and corn fritters and you'll see what I mean. CORN, the wonder food and fuel has more uses than making car exhaust smell like a kitchen and tracing food through the digestive system.