PDA

View Full Version : The Dutch have the best food supply in the world

PA5COR
01-15-2014, 12:16 PM
http://2014live.com/netherlands-best-food-country-in-the-world/

Netherlands best food country in the world‘Not one country in the world has its food supply as well so for each other as Netherlands. Thats notes Oxfam Novip that a comparison of data from 125 countries. Chad has the lowest score. Food in the African country comparatively very expensive, hygiene is poor and one in three children is underweight.

The Organization for Development has the list drawn up to make clear how good – or bad – is eaten worldwide. Netherlands gets the highest score to the fact that food is relatively cheap, varied and of good quality there. Only the excess component Netherlands scores relatively poorly. Nearly one in five Dutch has seriously overweight.

But then we have REAL cheese';)

NQ6U
01-15-2014, 12:17 PM
On the other hand, a certain ham from the Netherlands seems to have self-esteem problems when it comes to his country. Why else would he feel the need to continually tout it's superiority? Perhaps because, despite it's illustrious history, it's pretty much irrelevant on the world scene these days?

KK4AMI
01-15-2014, 12:28 PM
"Nearly one in five Dutch has seriously overweight."

We beat 'em there. One in three US Citizens are overweight! HAA!

Isn't Oxfam Novip a Dutch organization?

Oxfam Novib is a Dutch development organisation committed to a just world without poverty.
Kind of tooting your own horn aren't you?

NA4BH
01-15-2014, 11:24 PM
Not bad if you don't mind eating "My Friend Flicka" (http://www.foodsafetymagazine.com/news/horse-meat-scandal-rides-on-as-dutch-officials-recall-beef/)

VE7DCW
01-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Not bad if you don't mind eating "My Friend Flicka" (http://www.foodsafetymagazine.com/news/horse-meat-scandal-rides-on-as-dutch-officials-recall-beef/)

....... or do you mean "old paint"? :chin:

PA5COR
01-16-2014, 04:49 AM
Must be all the bad influence i get from "Murica we're number one" syndrome ;)

On the other hand, a certain ham from the Netherlands seems to have self-esteem problems when it comes to his country. Why else would he feel the need to continually tout it's superiority? Perhaps because, despite it's illustrious history, it's pretty much irrelevant on the world scene these days?

kb2vxa
01-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Uh huh, and the Dutch have the best horns to toot! Seriously overweight, I'll comment when I can stop laughing.............

Chad, no wonder they don't eat well. Who would call their country CHAD? Somebody who couldn't spell Charles I suppose.

K0RGR
01-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Ummm.. pannekoeken - which is also the name of a restaurant here that serves mostly 'dutchish' foods. Their recipes feature a lot of Gouda cheese. It was originally a chain here, but the chain went broke and the owner of the one here went independent. They have wonderful baked goods.

To be honest, I didn't have pannekoeken when I was in Holland or Flanders. Too many other things to try.

PA5COR
01-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Pannekoeken or pancakes are mostly eaten here baked wth bacon, slices of apple, banana etc.
I prefer the bacon kind ;)
Made with fresh unskimmed milk and prefferably lots of them ;)

KB3LAZ
01-16-2014, 06:01 PM
So then, soylent Dutch would be the best way to go if there were an apocalypse?

K7SGJ
01-16-2014, 06:46 PM
So then, soylent Dutch would be the best way to go if there were an apocalypse?

Yeah, and think about how much of that green shit you could cram into your wooden shoes. Would that "clog" them up, I wonder?

NA4BH
01-16-2014, 07:20 PM
You could let the windmill your pepper.

kb2vxa
01-17-2014, 02:02 AM
COR:
"Made with fresh unskimmed milk and prefferably lots of them."

No wonder the Dutch are seriously overweight.

PA5COR
01-17-2014, 07:45 AM
Could be but it tastes wonderfull ;)

I'm not overweight by the way, i cut my portions a long way ago, specially the "extra's " nibbling away in the evening and reduced calory intake.
My son now goes to the gym to get his few extra pounds off ;) lazy twit...

KC2KFC
01-17-2014, 03:25 PM
http://2014live.com/netherlands-best-food-country-in-the-world/

Netherlands best food country in the world‘Not one country in the world has its food supply as well so for each other as Netherlands. Thats notes Oxfam Novip that a comparison of data from 125 countries. Chad has the lowest score. Food in the African country comparatively very expensive, hygiene is poor and one in three children is underweight.

The Organization for Development has the list drawn up to make clear how good – or bad – is eaten worldwide. Netherlands gets the highest score to the fact that food is relatively cheap, varied and of good quality there. Only the excess component Netherlands scores relatively poorly. Nearly one in five Dutch has seriously overweight.

But then we have REAL cheese';)
Netherlands is number one!

K0RGR
01-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Here's a link with a picture of what we call a pannekoeken - http://www.pannekoeken.biz/index.php?route=news/category&cpath=2 The apple ones are great, but I like the rum raisin variety with cinnamon syrup. I can only have these on very special occasions.

kb2vxa
01-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Large, thin pancakes. I like mine with cinnamon and sugar eaten crispy before the sugar dissolves. Better than Aunt Yomomma.

N2NH
01-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Belgian Waffles with whipped cream or ice cream. Always has been a favorite of mine.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2latp8o.jpg

kb2vxa
01-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Now we know you're a politician, you're WAFFLING!

K7SGJ
01-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Now we know you're a politician, you're WAFFLING!

What a load of crepe.

NA4BH
01-23-2014, 06:48 PM
What a load of crepe.

I was telling Suzette that the other day.

K7SGJ
01-23-2014, 06:49 PM
I was telling Suzette that the other day.

And she's flatter than a pancake.

NQ6U
01-23-2014, 07:13 PM
And she's flatter than a pancake.

I don't know why you're making such a flap, Jack.

K7SGJ
01-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Because my Aunt Jemima told me not to let anyone batter around.

NQ6U
01-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Because my Aunt Jemima told me not to let anyone batter around.

Does she know how much time you fritter away here?

NA4BH
01-23-2014, 07:29 PM
She sure had some good unsolvable griddles.

NQ6U
01-23-2014, 07:41 PM
She sure had some good unsolvable griddles.

But Suzette was just a flash in the pan.

W5BRM
01-26-2014, 08:16 AM
I wonder if the Dutch play with their food like we do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWMdBMiJ_wk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RImMBI94Zv0

PA5COR
01-26-2014, 12:03 PM
No, playing with food is a no no.
After the hunger winters during the 5 year occupation of the German tourists 1940 -1945 our parents made sure we understood the value of food.

kb2vxa
01-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Is that why you eat so much of the world's food now? (;->) Seriously for a change, I was raised on the waste not want not rule, food first of all. Mom in her infinite wisdom, and a little CARE propaganda, admonished me to eat everything on my plate, I should think of those poor starving kids in Africa. It wasn't long before I found a way of stopping the lectures; so mom, why don't you send what I don't like to Africa? Interestingly enough today broccoli, liver and fried onions and kidney stew are among my favorites.

That jerk taking a bath in Top Raman reminds me of when I worked maintenance at a motel and sometimes had to clean a mess the maids wouldn't touch, many far worse than this. There was a Jacuzzi filled with what should have been grape Jello that solved the mystery of the night before a guy emptying the ice machine in the lobby. No problem for me having a brain, I filled it with hot water and turned on the pump. After a few times around that merry go round the system was clean, I called back a maid and told her to finish the job.

W5BRM
01-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Hmmm wonder if i should post that on the Zoo for 6mhz pat...lol wonder how it would be recieved...

kb2vxa
01-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Sending food you don't like to Africa or the jerk bathing in Top Ramen? Either way go ahead, tickle all six until they mega hertz.

HUGH
02-01-2014, 09:26 AM
We understood that people would lick the glue off book bindings and even contemplate eating some pages. In Britain there wasn't much to eat but never that bad. It was also apparent that some of your "visitors" were starving as well, mostly those conscripts to "national service".
Now I eat everything on the plate (not the cutlery) because that was instilled into us by parents and grandparents after WW2.

No, playing with food is a no no.
After the hunger winters during the 5 year occupation of the German tourists 1940 -1945 our parents made sure we understood the value of food.

PA5COR
02-01-2014, 10:03 AM
What most people don't know is that food even after the war was still scarce and regulated with stamps, same as the U.K as i remember.
Only early 1950's when i was born the stamps went and food became more available.
In my family album there are still a few stamps from WW2 next to all other memorabelia, including the last letter of my fathers brother written the night before he was executed for being in the resistance like my dad was.
Now and then i look into that album, and afterwards i count my blessings, and life certainly is a lot less bleak then.

Sorry for not feeeling sorry for the hungry Germans in and after WW2 they were all shouting Heil Hitler before that and asked for it.
Having worked in Bitburg smack in the middle of what was the heart country for Nazism, i still found the odd german surviving soldier that was still clinging to the "good old times" as they referred to it, that was 1985 - 1990......
I had many discussions with them and caused many red cheeks there, dressing them down verbally.
But that is and was a lost generation, the current one i have no problem with.
On the other hand i might be a bit biased.. our both famlies lost lots of good men and woman due to the german occupation, and i hold grudges a long time...

Maybe my generation has to pass before things get better, till then i am who i am.

kb2vxa
02-01-2014, 06:41 PM
My friends in Britain have told me about rationing into the 50s, it took a long time for Europe to recover from the devastation. I wouldn't feel sorry for foreign invaders either! Calling the war good times is a sign of insanity, war has a habit of driving people mad. Then there was Sid Barrett... You hope for hopeless, when our generation passes things will be worse as has happened generation after generation since time immemorial. Biblical prophets were credited for hearing the word of God, it wasn't the ears but the eyes receiving information and the brain understanding what the eyes saw. Watch the signs in the heaveans and the Earth to understand the times, I'm not an astrologer (magus) but I see what's going on around me.

That having been said, just to mention once again, cleaning my plate by the waste not want not rule is just a part of my old school upbringing. That's morals and ethics so rare these days and you can see that all around too. Funny how that applies to many things including ham radio. No sooner than I get rid of something I don't need and will never use I need it.

PA5COR
02-02-2014, 06:04 AM
Same upbringing here, after the war the country was devastated by the war, robbed barren by the Germans, no industry whatsoever, all machines and raw material was stolen or blown up by the Germans, so my parents generation had to work very hard for low wages to get the country going again.
Looking back to where we are now, that is a real wonder they pulled that off by their hard work.
I did my part, most of my jobs weren't 9 to 5 jobs, but 60 - 80 hour a week jobs....

I didn't mind though, i made my money and earned well, the only debts i had were a few houses i bought, lived in and did them up and sold them on making a few bucks extra.

It also is the leading line in my life, don't make debts, save up for rainy days or if you want to buy something save up, pay cash and demand and get a cut in the price, rather as taking a costly loan out.

I live within my means, save up, and don't waste money or food ;)
It also makes me proud of my people and country to come from a barren, robbed clean country devastated by war with a broken infrastructure, to where we are now.
Something people that didn't have their country in ruins cannot fathom all the time, and the progress to what we are now taken in mind.
In one generation we rebuild the country, and became one of the richest western states where people are the main important objects here, with decent healthcare, income and taking care of the people.
Still there are improvements needed, but we came a long way ;)

kb2vxa
02-02-2014, 06:43 PM
I raise my glass and toast to the hard working people, the salt of the Earth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW-sJqO5qDM