PDA

View Full Version : The Tulelake houses are GONE!

WX7P
01-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Huge week for us.

We managed to FINALLY sell both of the Tulelake properties. The rental closed on Monday and the big house closes next Monday.

This makes our life a lot simpler. We still have some lots on the site of the old internment camp, but those should be easy to get rid of. At that point, we'll be completely Modoc free.

What a disaster that experiment turned out to be. We both managed to lose our jobs and get hosed in the real estate market. I've also NEVER lived among a more dysfunctional screwed up group of people than the Siskiyou/Modoc crowd. These are the same idiots that want to form the "State of Jefferson", but don't seem to have a clue how to fund the government.

I love the scenic parts of the area. This is the big house. The view was spectacular.

I used to think I could live anywhere. I'm not real keen on Illinois, but I will say the people here are first rate, unlike Tule. If I had to choose, I'd stay here rather than go back to Tule.

N2CHX
01-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Congrats!

PA5COR
01-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Another problem solved, good for you ;) the year starts good i see.

kb2vxa
01-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I second that emotion. Your disaster is easily explained.

"I've also NEVER lived among a more dysfunctional screwed up group of people than the Siskiyou/Modoc crowd. These are the same idiots that want to form the "State of Jefferson", but don't seem to have a clue how to fund the government. ... ...and (we) get hosed in the real estate market."

In the proper order now, your eyes have been opened.

KG4CGC
01-05-2014, 04:28 PM
The State of Jefferson people that I've had run ins with did not represent their cause well at all.

N2NH
01-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Still, a drink is a drink, and good news is good news. Congratulations Janet.

Maybe something that changes reality in a tall glass?

kb2vxa
01-05-2014, 08:44 PM
But when you wake up in the morning reality is even more real. OOOooo........ MY HEAD!