PDA

View Full Version : What is it about Paypal?

K7SGJ
12-27-2013, 01:48 PM
I know a lot of people absolutely hate PayPal, and I can understand that. They anger me at times as well, and I've had more than my share of run ins and pissing contests with them; but I still use them. My wife and I do quite a bit of selling, as well as some buying, on Ebay, so it is almost a must have thing. But that's not what I am wondering about.

What gets me, is all these people that are selling stuff on QTH, QRZ, and many other sites, that demand the buyer pay the PayPal fees as well, even on small stuff. "Will sell for $2 shipped, I will take PayPal, but buyer pays fees". What's up with that. Not that I care much about the PayPal policies, but it IS a breech of them to do this. I have never demanded that those fees be added to the cost of whatever I am selling. To me, it's a part of doing business. If it is that important, jack the price up a bit. On several occasions, I have asked the seller if they will entertain a reduced price, and usually they oblige, but they still want the fees paid. So, "yes, instead of $100, I'll take $50, but you still have to pay the fees". I don't get it. It would be like going to a store, and using your charge card, and the retailer adds the fees he has to pay to the CC company to your bill.

It especially chaps me when I see "will only accept PayPal only, but buyer pays fees". It seems rather chicken, or maybe, one cheap ass bastid did it, and like lemmings, others followed.

Who Gnu?

N2CHX
12-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah I hate the fees, but they're on par with credit card merchant fees. My guess is most sellers who bitch about the fees have never had a CC merchant account.