PDA

View Full Version : I've got $500 in my paypal account, what do you have?

N2CHX
12-26-2013, 08:56 PM
...as I said in that other thread... Sick and damn tired of fixing shit. Sick of kits. Sick of homebrewing.

I have $500 in my paypal account I'm willing to part with. I want a halfway decent HF rig that I can use mostly for digital modes. It has to work. No quirks, no bullshit. I'm not in the mood to buy something and then spend a week fixing before I can use it. I've lost patience with that sort of thing. I want to buy something, have it arrive in one piece, plug it in, connect it to my antenna, connect it to my laptop and have fun with it.

Whadya got?

N8YX
12-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Send the rig to me.

I'm a little busy and may not get it back to you right away but it'll arrive working.

Failing that, I've got a TS-440SAT plus Astron RS-35A...

There are other rigs in the shack I'm going to be selling off but the '440 is almost ready to go. I have a new face plate to exchange with a scratched-up original and will throw in a spare display board, filter unit and keypad unit.

KC9ECI
12-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Let me know when you get up and running on the digimodes, we can set a sked. Any mode in particular that interests you?

N2CHX
12-26-2013, 10:18 PM
Send the rig to me.

I'm a little busy and may not get it back to you right away but it'll arrive working.

Failing that, I've got a TS-440SAT plus Astron RS-35A...

There are other rigs in the shack I'm going to be selling off but the '440 is almost ready to go. I have a new face plate to exchange with a scratched-up original and will throw in a spare display board, filter unit and keypad unit.

What do you want for the 440 and supply?

N2CHX
12-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Let me know when you get up and running on the digimodes, we can set a sked. Any mode in particular that interests you?

I love PSK, but if I have a radio with enough power I'll do phone. I will do CW as well, but not too many people want to do CW anymore.

K7SGJ
12-26-2013, 10:23 PM
I love PSK, but if I have a radio with enough power I'll do phone. I will do CW as well, but not too many people want to do CW anymore.

Don't want to do CW? Bite your tongue.

NA4BH
12-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Cuss Adam out. :rofl:

KC9ECI
12-26-2013, 10:26 PM

I know lots of people that still do CW. I haven't been doing much of it of late. Years of factory work have started to take a toll on my carpal tunnels. PSK is fun. The MDXA used to have a PSK deathmatch that I really enjoyed when I was first on the HF bands. Let me know when you get on the air after the New Year and I'll fire up the rig.

I'm half tempted to drop the $ on this one myself: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-Kenwood-TS-120S-Radio-Transceiver-/191015442884

N8OBM
12-30-2013, 01:11 PM
...as I said in that other thread... Sick and damn tired of fixing shit. Sick of kits. Sick of homebrewing.

I have $500 in my paypal account I'm willing to part with. I want a halfway decent HF rig that I can use mostly for digital modes. It has to work. No quirks, no bullshit. I'm not in the mood to buy something and then spend a week fixing before I can use it. I've lost patience with that sort of thing. I want to buy something, have it arrive in one piece, plug it in, connect it to my antenna, connect it to my laptop and have fun with it.

Whadya got?

I just picked up an Icom ic 765. that being the case I would part with my working IC-720 with the matching ps15 power supply and a motorola hand mic. I could even toss in a tuner and a g5rv.

Archie N8OBM

N2CHX
12-30-2013, 01:16 PM
I just picked up an Icom ic 765. that being the case I would part with my working IC-720 with the matching ps15 power supply and a motorola hand mic. I could even toss in a tuner and a g5rv.

Archie N8OBM

It's too bad we couldn't connect earlier this month... Hopefully sometime soon? BTW I was just near your neck of the woods on Saturday for my son's wedding.

Anyway, you got a 765... I bought a 730. Should be here Thursday. Definitely time for a QSO or three.