PDA

View Full Version : I Need a special E-PROM "Chip"

koØm
12-18-2013, 11:57 AM
You guys know how they have this "V" Chip in televisions to control the content level that you allow to be viewed, I need a "Will Farrell" chip for my TV.

I would like a chip programmed so that any time he or any character he portraits come on my set, it will automatically tune to PBS, or National Geographic showing clips of Dolphins swimming or waterfalls or Hawaiian Hula Dancers.......anything!

If I have to explain why, you need a "Chip" in you.

KN4DS
12-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Add anything to do with Duck Dynasty to the chip... actually, that chip needs to be implanted in my head.

K7SGJ
12-18-2013, 12:56 PM
I have one programmed to autotune to the syfy channel whenever Nancy Grace comes on. They can both be pretty scary.

WØTKX
12-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Tosh.0 reruns. For perspective.

N2CHX
12-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Harsh.

KG4NEL
12-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Will Ferrell is one of those that I just don't "get"...glad other people think he's funny, but I totally missed that one...

NA4BH
12-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Some people don't like Maxwell.

K7SGJ
12-18-2013, 03:23 PM

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

N2NH
12-18-2013, 03:59 PM
You guys know how they have this "V" Chip in televisions to control the content level that you allow to be viewed, I need a "Will Farrell" chip for my TV.

I would like a chip programmed so that any time he or any character he portraits come on my set, it will automatically tune to PBS, or National Geographic showing clips of Dolphins swimming or waterfalls or Hawaiian Hula Dancers.......anything!

Why? Will Ferrel is the Chevy Chase of our generation. Neither has ever done anything worth watching. :yes:

N2NH
12-18-2013, 04:02 PM

Maxwell will always be welcome at suppertime at my place.

http://i43.tinypic.com/ztwsv5.jpg

W2NAP
12-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Will Ferrell is one of those that I just don't "get"...glad other people think he's funny, but I totally missed that one...I don't find him funny ether honestly.

KB3LAZ
12-18-2013, 09:51 PM
I don't find him funny ether honestly.

Nor do I. Ether may just be the solution.

koØm
12-18-2013, 09:54 PM
Why? Will Ferrel is the Wannabe Chevy Chase of our generation. Neither Farrell has not ever done anything worth watching. :yes:

Look at Chevy Chase's comedy peers, the ones you compare him with; John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, they were all the greats of the real SNL era and Chevy Chase had the most comedic talent of all of them.

"WELL, EXCU-U-USE ME", the show started to sink when Steve Martin started changing the focus of the humor.

Bottom Line, "He was Chevy Chase and, you weren't."

N2CHX
12-18-2013, 10:16 PM
I liked him in Elf, the original Anchorman and Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back.

NA4BH
12-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Talledega Nights.

I actually am in that movie, no shit.

N2CHX
12-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Talledega Nights.

Oh? Do tell. Never saw that movie, nor have I seen Blades Of Glory and probably most of the other stuff he's done. So if I watch this movie, where am I gonna see you? Cuz I might actually watch it just for that.

KK4AMI
12-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Talledega Nights.

I don't think Ferrell is much of a comedian or actor. BUT HIS MOVIES HAVE HAD SOME OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTORS! :mrgreen:

W3WN
12-19-2013, 07:55 AM
Maxwell will always be welcome at suppertime at my place.

http://i43.tinypic.com/ztwsv5.jpg
Trafe.

Will Ferrell has the same problem that Adam Sandler, Chevy Chase, and many other "comedians" / "comedic actors" have had before.

If they have good material to work with, they appear to be brilliant. If the material is average or worse, they fall back on the same old schtick. Which gets old pretty quickly.

And all too often, the writing "talent" behind them (or the projects they appear in) take the "safe" way out, and play to the same old schtick.

The last time I found Will Ferrell funny? When he was banging a cow bell, dreaming of golden underwear.

N2NH
12-19-2013, 10:53 AM
"Comedians" I don't find funny:

Adam Sandler (Not a bad actor though. Can't get his timing right.)

Ben Stiller. (Also not a bad actor.)

Pauly Shore.

Chevy Chase.

Jim Carey.

Carrot Top.

Martin Short.

Will Farrell.

Waylon and Madam.

EDIT: Andy Kaufman.

I think I need therapy after this.

Second City TV had much better comedians than SNL in my somewhat humble opinion. Excuse me while I wash my hands now.

NA4BH
12-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Oh? Do tell. Never saw that movie, nor have I seen Blades Of Glory and probably most of the other stuff he's done. So if I watch this movie, where am I gonna see you? Cuz I might actually watch it just for that.

In the grandstands. They were filming the foot race to the finish line. It took 5 or so takes before they finished.

KG4NEL
12-19-2013, 02:10 PM
"Comedians" I don't find funny:

Adam Sandler (Not a bad actor though. Can't get his timing right.)

Ben Stiller. (Also not a bad actor.)

Pauly Shore.

Chevy Chase.

Jim Carey.

Carrot Top.

Martin Short.

Will Farrell.

Waylon and Madam.

EDIT: Andy Kaufman.

I think I need therapy after this.

Second City TV had much better comedians than SNL in my somewhat humble opinion. Excuse me while I wash my hands now.

I have a feeling Kaufman would have been much better in person, than his appearances on SNL or Taxi.

koØm
12-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Add anything to do with Duck Dynasty to the chip... actually, that chip needs to be implanted in my head.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/75jD/chia-pet-duck-dynasty

Who really goes for this?

N2NH
12-20-2013, 12:46 PM

Okay, ya convinced me. I'll take that chip too.

Oh, and who goes for that? I think this pic sez it all...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Eb_pWRiWkek/S3nPU00WCfI/AAAAAAAAGb8/A61QoQAeUJo/s400/RedneckBirdDogs.jpg

n2ize
12-20-2013, 12:59 PM

Never heard of Will Farrell. My era of TV and movies ended in about 1965. Most of my favorite TV existed in 1950-1959.

K7SGJ
12-20-2013, 01:53 PM

Beats me, but I love the hat. I use to have one very similar, but after many years, it crumbled into powdered feltshit. I haven't been able to find another one I like.