PDA

View Full Version : Would Rather die ... than keep shopping with GF

KG4CGC
12-09-2013, 04:51 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520753/Chinese-boyfriend-jumped-death-girlfriend-insisted-going-clothes-shop.html

It would seem that a Chinese man reached his limit when his girlfriend insisted they keep shopping. Oh, how many times I've wished I could do something as dramatic while not having to deal with the consequence of a deadly end. Loading the invisible revolver and spinning the chamber before putting my fingers up to my head just doesn't send the same message.
Who will be scarred more? This woman or her next victim, er, um, boyfriend.

KJ3N
12-09-2013, 05:06 PM
I established with the wife a long time ago that I do not go mall shopping. Period. End of story.

In the past, when GFs tried that crap, they had 2 choices. Either they went by themselves, or they got kicked to the curb.

K7SGJ
12-09-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't do malls either. When I need something, I go in, and if they don't have it, I'm gone; no muss, no fuss, no looking around. Of course, this doesn't apply to radio stores, hardware stores, or exotic wood suppliers.

KG4CGC
12-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Cue up yer wood puns.

NA4BH
12-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't do malls either. When I need something, I go in, and if they don't have it, I'm gone; no muss, no fuss, no looking around. Of course, this doesn't apply to radio stores, hardware stores, or exotic wood suppliers.

There is an exotic wood place about an hour from me, they got everything. By the way Charles, you don't joke about exotic wood. I have half of the Amazon in my garage. :whistle:

NQ6U
12-09-2013, 06:43 PM
As the cliche goes: Been there, done that.

It's probably a good thing I sold off most of my guns long ago; a .22LR bolt action rifle is a poor suicide weapon.

kb2vxa
12-09-2013, 07:23 PM
I always have done grocery shopping at one supermarket in whichever place I'm living in so being familiar with the layout and following a set, short course I'm in and out in about 20 minutes. I bring a list and stick to it with few exceptions, maybe a box of doughnuts, a pie or cake catches my eye but that's it. Once I went with my girlfriend, she bounced around like a ping pong ball in a washing machine dragging me around taking an hour and a half. Naturally I ended with a cart full of stuff, most of which I didn't need and guess who paid for it all. Fed up, the next time I gave her the list and stayed home, a couple hours later she showed up with a load of stuff I don't like and little I do, none of it was on the list she never even looked at. OK, enough is enough, from then on I went back to shopping myself and every time she asked if I needed anything from the store I said no, I already have more than I need. She ever did get the full impact of that answer no matter how many times I gave her the same read between the lines answer. She was a good girl but not a nice girl (if you get my drift) so I kept her, good girls are hard to find.

I gave up on trying to understand women a long time ago when one gave me the best advice ever given for peace of mind; never try to make sense out of nonsense.

"That unit is a woman."
"A mass of conflicting impulses."

- Spock and Nomad, on the "unit" Uhura

Disclaimer: Any offense taken by YL or XYL units purely unintentional.

KG4CGC
12-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Hardheaded eh? Like an oak or mahogany.

N2NH
12-10-2013, 05:07 AM
I don't mind a bit of shopping. Long cashier lines or lack of AC in the summer will cause me to leave everything where it is and go through the exit pronto.

n2ize
12-10-2013, 09:44 AM
I don't mind a bit of shopping. Long cashier lines or lack of AC in the summer will cause me to leave everything where it is and go through the exit pronto.

Remember when we were kids and most places were not air conditioned ? a lot of places were fanned but no AC.

kb2vxa
12-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Uh oh, a walk down Memory Lane. The trouble with that is the lane is where I stumble and fall drenched with sweat. That's when theatres did "a box office business" which led to a feeding frenzy by that gob of goo from outer space.

W2NAP
12-10-2013, 07:28 PM
no shopping crap here, Any chick even thinks of trying to drag me out for that crap she is gone.

K7SGJ
12-10-2013, 07:31 PM
no shopping crap here, Any chick even thinks of trying to drag me out for that crap she is gone.

Sooooooooo, you plan on being a........a........a..........what the hell is the male counterpart of a lonely old spinster, or old maid?

NQ6U
12-10-2013, 07:33 PM
what the hell is the male counterpart of a lonely old spinster, or old maid?

Ham radio operator.

KG4CGC
12-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Sooooooooo, you plan on being a........a........a..........what the hell is the male counterpart of a lonely old spinster, or old maid?

... gay.

K7SGJ
12-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Thank you, both of you. Ya bastids

KJ3N
12-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Ham radio operator.

http://leduc998.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/rofl.gif

KG4CGC
12-10-2013, 07:55 PM
I meant, confirmed bachelor.

NQ6U
12-10-2013, 09:26 PM
I meant, confirmed bachelor.

Bingo. I don't know about spinster but old maid used to be code for lesbian in the same way that confirmed bachelor used to be code for gay.

KG4CGC
12-10-2013, 09:42 PM
OK ok. Tony is not gay. He's an underwear model for Abercrombie and Fitch.

K7SGJ
12-10-2013, 11:23 PM
OK ok. Tony is not gay. He's an underwear model for Abercrombie and Fitch.

Well, son of a Abercrombie.

kb2vxa
12-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Son of Abercrombie with a Fitch itch?

K7SGJ
12-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Son of Abercrombie with a Fitch itch?

Do you recall the old old add, don't itch it, Fitch it?

n2ize
12-12-2013, 07:47 AM

Whats wrong with a little bit of shopping ? Taking a girl shopping doesn't necesarilly mean buying out the whole store. I would take her shopping for fancy clothing, jewelry, diamonds, etc. Wgatever she's accustomed to I will give her better.

kb2vxa
12-12-2013, 08:16 PM
"Do you recall the old old add, don't itch it, Fitch it?"

No, but I'd rather be son of a Abercrombie than a son of a Fitch.

W2NAP
12-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Whats wrong with a little bit of shopping ? Taking a girl shopping doesn't necesarilly mean buying out the whole store. I would take her shopping for fancy clothing, jewelry, diamonds, etc. Wgatever she's accustomed to I will give her better.nope, I don't do "shopping" I also do not do any modeling of anything.

VE7DCW
12-12-2013, 08:36 PM

I've been meaning to do that....... but the XYL and I have been married for 26 years,so she's managed to maneuver her way through the shopping minefield pretty well .....:-|

n2ize
12-12-2013, 10:10 PM
nope, I don't do "shopping" I also do not do any modeling of anything.

Have you had offers to do modeling ?

KG4CGC
12-13-2013, 12:00 AM
nope, I don't do "shopping" I also do not do any modeling of anything.

I modeled a pizza once as a young man. Those were some heady daze man. Heady daze.

NA4BH
12-13-2013, 12:07 AM
I modeled a pizza once as a young man. Those were some heady daze man. Heady daze.

How big was your pepperoni?

KG4CGC
12-13-2013, 12:08 AM
How big was your pepperoni?

I've been wearing a size 13 boot since I was 12. Nuff said.

K7SGJ
12-13-2013, 08:54 AM
I've been wearing a size 13 boot since I was 12. Nuff said.

But only one.