PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Guidestones

kb2vxa
12-07-2013, 10:30 PM
I just watched the new episode of America Unearthed on H2 about the New World Order and the layout of Denver Airport and its various "codes" in plain sight. There was a segment about the Georgia Guidestones, its inscriptions and explanatory tablet which I found interesting enough to post about here. You might want to look it up on the net, there are quite a few sites about it so you can bring up the list with your favorite search engine. The English guide inscription is particularly fascinating, since the whys and wherefores are debatable you can draw your own conclusion. Take note of number seven.

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

KG4NEL
12-07-2013, 10:36 PM
This is what we think of our artists...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Georgia_Guidestones_vandalismo_-_vandalism.jpg

n2ize
12-08-2013, 05:09 AM
This is what we think of our artists...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Georgia_Guidestones_vandalismo_-_vandalism.jpg

Looks like the man with the tinfoil hat raided the premises. :lol: Probably an Alex Jones listener.. :lol:

n2ize
12-08-2013, 05:47 AM
Here is an interesting article about the guidestones and some of the conspiracy theories surrounding it.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4198

N2NH
12-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

This has a very high probability of happening over the next century. Probably sooner than we are thinking.

Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.

Good idea, but unlikely if survival takes precedence.

Unite humanity with a living new language.

The sixties are littered with this idea. Esperanto. Peace through understanding (1964 NY World's Fair motto). Give Peace a Chance.
Unlikely. A teacher in 6th Grade had it right. The more we understand each other, the less likely we are to get along.

Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

Without a quantum leap in human genetics, mostly unlikely. H. G. Wells, pretty much had these ideas a century ago. We've made incremental progress. I believe that Native Americans have it right, we just don't have the genetics to do this. We're basically flawed and have been all along. This might be the last go around though, so things do have a chance of getting better despite appearances.

n2ize
12-08-2013, 11:50 AM
This has a very high probability of happening over the next century. Probably sooner than we are thinking.

Actually it would be quite unlikely to happen soon given that the worlds population is over 7 billion. It would take one or several major culling events

1) A severe cosmic or natural disaster of epic proportions.
2) A major world nuclear war.
3) A deliberate worldwide population culling (i.e. liquidating all people above a "useful age", liquidating the sick, the weak, poor, unemployed, the employed, the healthy, or whatever group(s) it is decided should be culled to reduce population to 500,000,000). Large scale worldwide birth control/sterilization would probably make sense as well. You don;t want too many replacements for the ones you kill.

I don't see any of these three happening anytime soon. But maybe I'm wrong. There is a small chance it could happen between now and the next 100 years.

N2NH
12-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Anything and everything should be considered in this case. Anything overlooked is liable to become a real-life Murphy's Law.

LINK № 1 - The Future (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risks_to_civilization,_humans,_and_planet_Earth)

LINK № 2 - Through the Past Darkly. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Societal_collapse)

We are aware of the dangers and awareness is important, but action to prevent some of those possibilities that we have control over is more important.

Rather than stick our heads in the ground as our reactionary right leaders propose, we should move forward. It is the only chance we have to even maintain even a 1/2 Billion population if things keep going on the way they have. One computer virus could disable a region of the world by shutting down electricity or removing access to GPS to planes and trains.

kb2vxa
12-08-2013, 04:10 PM
"Here is an interesting article about the guidestones and some of the conspiracy theories surrounding it."

You noticed where I got the picture from. I expected a Bible thumping response and got one just as the author said. I take the politician stance; I will neither confirm nor deny, I just put it there as an item of interest. I DID say I watched a program about the New World Order and got the expected response from someone who is afraid, very afraid. As for me, what, me worry? I'm not about worrying about destiny nor am I afraid, I just take life one day at a time and come what may, I can't do anything about it anyway.

It's the end of the world as we know it,
And I feel fine.

KG4CGC
12-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Seen the Georgia guide stones thing. Missed the one about the Denver airport. Looked like it would be a good way to kill an hour.
As I recall, the stones suggested that the total world population be 500,000 not five hundred million.
Even though 5 hundred million would be a significant reduction, there would still be significant desire for war by those with the ability to lob bombs and bibles.

n2ize
12-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Anything and everything should be considered in this case. Anything overlooked is liable to become a real-life Murphy's Law.

LINK № 1 - The Future (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risks_to_civilization,_humans,_and_planet_Earth)

LINK № 2 - Through the Past Darkly. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Societal_collapse)

We are aware of the dangers and awareness is important, but action to prevent some of those possibilities that we have control over is more important.

Rather than stick our heads in the ground as our reactionary right leaders propose, we should move forward. It is the only chance we have to even maintain even a 1/2 Billion population if things keep going on the way they have. One computer virus could disable a region of the world by shutting down electricity or removing access to GPS to planes and trains.

There are a lot of possible catastrophes but it would take a huge one to bring the population down to 500,000,000. Even a massive grid failure of GPS failure or computer network failure is unlikely to cull that many of us. It would take a major cosmic event or incredible natural disaster or perhaps all out atomic warfare. As far as people sticking their heads in the sand I don;t think that is the case at all. We are working on ways to better protect our infrastructure, our electrical facilities, our computer systems from failure or attack and implement ways to recover faster. last year a great many of us lost power, lost internet access and had limited communications due to hurricane Sandy. yet we survived and recovered. Imn fact there may have even been an uptick in the population. Without electricity and electronic entertainment and diversions more people probably engaged in more old fashioned forms of recreation if you know what I mean. We are researching and working on better systems to detect threats like large asteroids and to provide earlier warning so in the event a huge asteroid is headed towards the earth we can knock it off its path enough to avoid collisions. In the event of something really intense, like an intense gamma ray burst from the cosmos there is little we are going to be able to do to protect ourselves.even if we try. The impact of such an event is far too intense and too catastrophic to stand much change of survival. A good example. Look how much better we have become in predicting and giving early warnings about hurricanes and other weather events that used to take people by complete surprise. Look how we improved on fire safety and early warning and detection systems as well as new construction that is less prone to conflagration.

So yeah, we do live in a slanderous universe and there are no guarantees on anything. Al we can do is do the best we can to prepare and protect ourselves. But regardless we could be here today and gone tomorrow. It's just the nature of the universe. All we can do is our best and hope for the bestt

KG4CGC
12-08-2013, 05:13 PM
HIV/AIDS was supposed to be the next great plague but even that failed as a man made destroyer. About the only thing we do well is build nuclear bombs.

n2ize
12-08-2013, 05:16 PM
"Here is an interesting article about the guidestones and some of the conspiracy theories surrounding it."

You noticed where I got the picture from. I expected a Bible thumping response and got one just as the author said. I take the politician stance; I will neither confirm nor deny, I just put it there as an item of interest. I DID say I watched a program about the New World Order and got the expected response from someone who is afraid, very afraid. As for me, what, me worry? I'm not about worrying about destiny nor am I afraid, I just take life one day at a time and come what may, I can't do anything about it anyway.

And I feel fine.

Oh yeah, I agree. As soon as I read about them I said to myself that conspiracy theorists are having a field day with this. Then I had to look no further than the vandalism to confirm my suspicion. Yet, the guide-stones are indeed a true mystery with regards to who funded and ordered them and, for what purpose. I don't suspect anything nefarious as they were sanctioned by a mortal human who probably has no more awareness of the future than you or I or anyone else. It's more like eccentric art and will mean different things to different people. To me its a curiosity, but not one I would go out of my way to visit.

n2ize
12-08-2013, 05:18 PM
HIV/AIDS was supposed to be the next great plague but even that failed as a man made destroyer. About the only thing we do well is build nuclear bombs.

Yeah, but we don't use them. At least in the 50's we used to put on spectacular atomic fireworks displays in the Nevada desert and on the Marshal Islands. Abd in the case of the Soviets, practically in their own towns.

KG4CGC
12-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Rosicrucians built (funded) the guide stones. The Rose Cross which is an off shoot of the Knights Templar.

K7SGJ
12-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Rosicrucians built (funded) the guide stones. The Rose Cross which is an off shoot of the Knights Templar.

Wasn't he "The Saint"? Oh wait....................that was Simon Templar................ Never mind.

WŘTKX
12-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Mankind is a virus that will eventually attempt to leave the Earth.

We will meet "the others" when we attempt to leave.
Will we be allowed to leave?

There are/will be more guide stones on our journeys.
Heed them, cancerous growth is not life.

Achieve symbiosis.

kb2vxa
12-08-2013, 08:59 PM
The Knights Templar are the root of the Rosicrucians and the Masonic Order. Rosicrucia, the rose cross, symbol of the Knights Templar. The Rosicrucians funded construction of the stones, the inscriptions authored by R.C. Christian, a pseudonym, and one man in the area knows him but won't reveal who he is. That only adds to the mystery. It's interesting and rather comical how those conspiracy theorists and Bible thumpers make a big deal out of one man's insight. I have insight of my own but can't raise the funds to erect a monument, darn.

"Mankind is a virus that will eventually attempt to leave the Earth. We will meet "the others" when we attempt to leave. Will we be allowed to leave?"

I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet, but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder. Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.

Well, inspired by a TV show I started an interesting thread, ay?

n2ize
12-08-2013, 09:00 PM

That is one of many theories. Still it remains a mystery and it is better that way. Until the Christians get the go ahead to demolish it. After all, we can't have witches making pilgrimages to such an unholy place.

KG4CGC
12-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Christians believe that they are being persecuted because that is what they are told everyday.
Look at Falwell and his push in the late 60s on into the 70s. He scapegoated the gay community to the point that they had to push back, as soon as they pushed back, Falwell acted the victim and said, "See? I told you so!" Creating a self fulfilling prophecy is the way of those who play chess long term. To them the wars of Rome never ended even though they occupy Rome now and continue to build their wealth. Some have broken off and formed their own cults but they still play the same game. Create an enemy, rally the faithful and let the chips fall where they may while continuing to build your armies. After all, it's for the Lord so, you can do no wrong. God told me to kill you.

Happens over and over. From one town to the other.
"One to the other."
"One to the other."
"One to the other."
"One to the other."

The war ended long ago. No one ever told them and if you do, they refuse to believe it.
Christ ascended. The Roman Empire fell but like they say, "The Devil is in the details."

Once I overheard a conversation after church when I was very young. A man asks the priest why he never did any old fashion fire and brimstone sermons to move the congregation. The priest asked the man, "Move them towards what? A war? Who are we fighting? Is anyone trying to keep you from your faith?"
That was 1972. The next week the man left and took his family to a Baptist church. We were Catholic. Even with all its problems, this was a peaceful place, except for the nuns. They needed to get laid.

kb2vxa
12-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Don't forget the priests who rape young boys. IMO this celibacy crap is the root of all evil. Peter only made it a suggestion, for those who can't resist the natural urge he suggested marriage be the solution for those who would fornicate and break the commandment, a sin. As usual they make up their own religion as they go along which over the centuries has caused many problems and the congregation abandoning the church, especially Catholics. Once upon a time there was the Reformation but not for the better, try again and get it RIGHT this time! How about following the Bible as written instead of twisting it to fit an agenda?

As for the nuns, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they have their ways only they don't get caught. (;->)

KG4CGC
12-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey, I don't mind priests and nuns getting it on with each other. Gay priests joining the priesthood to repent for being born gay do run into problems and somewhere down the road (or up the road as in the past) either they came in as pedophiles or something lingered with the church from long long ago just as this country's Puritan roots still linger.

kb2vxa
12-09-2013, 07:37 PM
That's not what I meant BUT I can just picture a Roman orgy at the convent. A ROMAN orgy, get it? (:->)

n2ize
12-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Don't forget the priests who rape young boys. IMO this celibacy crap is the root of all evil. Peter only made it a suggestion, for those who can't resist the natural urge he suggested marriage be the solution for those who would fornicate and break the commandment, a sin. As usual they make up their own religion as they go along which over the centuries has caused many problems and the congregation abandoning the church, especially Catholics. Once upon a time there was the Reformation but not for the better, try again and get it RIGHT this time! How about following the Bible as written instead of twisting it to fit an agenda?

As for the nuns, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they have their ways only they don't get caught. (;->)

Let's make it clear that the vast majority of priests don't rape or molest children. The celibacy thing is a whole nother issue. It's unrealistic for most people. Some people can do it but the vast majority can't. They really need to rethink that philosophy.

KG4CGC
12-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Priests should get married whether gay or not. Nuns would make great companions for straight priests since they have so much in common. Same goes for gay priests and nuns.

But long ago it was normal for grown men to molest children. I am glad we do not condone that anymore but it has gone on forever in more places than the church.

But whatever. I don't believe we need a church to treat each other decently.

N2NH
12-10-2013, 04:59 AM
There are a lot of possible catastrophes but... bla bla bla

I've made my point in the post. Those who would stick their head in the ground, misdirect what I said, run around shouting conspiracy theory or otherwise ignore the changes we are seeing are entitled to. They merely will not be part of the 300-500 million around when the smoke clears.

n2ize
12-10-2013, 10:10 AM
I've made my point in the post. Those who would stick their head in the ground, misdirect what I said, run around shouting conspiracy theory or otherwise ignore the changes we are seeing are entitled to. They merely will not be part of the 300-500 million around when the smoke clears.

I am a skeptic. I like to see scientific evidence for claims made. There are plenty of conspiracy theories that can be found all over the the Internet. Conspiracies about chem-trails and sylphs, theories about HAARP creating earthquakes and modifying weather, conspiracy theories about an unknown planet X (nibiru) and tons of similar tall tales. I remain skeptical towards these types or the conspiracy theories for the simple reason that they lack tangible scientific evidence and/or explanations. In fact when analyzed scientifically and properly researched most of them fall flat. Now to mention how many that time has proved wrong. They simply didn't come to fruition as their supporters claimed they would.

When people speak about other catastrophic issues, such as atomic warfare, massive epidemics, severe natural events, severe weather, major eathquakes, asteroids striking the earth or, intense cosmic ray bursts I am no longer skeptical because these are real events that are supported by evidence and many of them have happened or can happen, they are measurable. In other words they have both scientific and historical evidence. There are things that are being taken seriously and scientists are studying ways to avert or limit the effects , or at least prepare as best we can, for a severe catastophy. As we speak scientists are studying and working on new stystems that will enable better and earlier detection of asteroids. If we can local an asteroid that is on a collision course with the earth we stand the best chance of diverting it provided we detect it early enough. Likewise we are looking and working on advanced systems to detect and provide earlier warning of earthquakes, hurricanes, etc. And, as we speak scientists are looking into ways to mitigate climate change. So yes, i am merely being sensible. If someone suggests we head for the hills because planet X is coming I take that with a grain of salt and a huge amount of skepticism as there is no scientific evidence for the existence of such a planet. On the other hand if a scientist tells me we need an earlier warning system to detect asteroids I take that seriously because asteroids are very real and can cause severe extinctions and an early detection and warning system makes a lot of sense. In the case of something really severe, like an intense gamma ray burst all bets are off as there is little to nothing we can do to avert or mitigate such a catastrophe. Fortunately the probability of such an occurrence is low.

So, in conclusion, am I going believe every unfounded crackpot conspiracy theory and go run and hide and get hysterical over every unfounded and unsupported conspiracy theory someone throws out on You Tube ? The answer is no, I am not. Should we spend billions of dollars to divert the orbit of Nibiru ? Hell no because there is no valid evidence to indicate that it even exists. As the same time am I going to support efforts to reduce the likelihood of atomic world war, to detect and divert asteroids, to better prepare for massive solar flares ? Yes, because these are very real things that are grounded in science and reality. Except for perhaps some very foolish people neither I nor anyone else is dismissing real events that are founded in real science nor are we claiming that such events are merely conspiracy theories.

Perhaps that gives a clearer understanding of what it means to be a skeptic. Skeptics, such as I, prefer to separate reality from mere tinfoil hat type conspiracy theory.

K7SGJ
12-10-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm a firm believer that Priests and Nuns should be fuck buddies. Why not?

KG4CGC
12-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Firm.

NQ6U
12-10-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm a firm believer that Priests and Nuns should be fuck buddies. Why not?

Ahem. What makes you think they aren't already?

—Pope Carlo l and Sister Mary Margaret.

kb2vxa
12-10-2013, 01:47 PM
"Let's make it clear that the vast majority of priests don't rape or molest children."

I thought we had that clear a long time ago but somebody didn't get the message. One thing I don't understand is the difference between rape and molestation... if there is one since to me it's but a matter of how it's done. I don't think I have to go into detailed methodology, or I hope not 'cause I won't, this is neither the time nor the place.

kb2crk
12-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Seen the Georgia guide stones thing. Missed the one about the Denver airport. Looked like it would be a good way to kill an hour.
As I recall, the stones suggested that the total world population be 500,000 not five hundred million.
Even though 5 hundred million would be a significant reduction, there would still be significant desire for war by those with the ability to lob bombs and bibles.

It says 500,000,000. Been there a couple times. It is only about 25 miles from here between Elberton and Hartwell off of GA Hwy 77. Quite close to a friends repeater on the old ATT long lines Microwave tower.

KG4CGC
12-10-2013, 09:54 PM
OK. I have confirmed hearing dyslexia then. I was born with it. I blame my parents. They are Catholic.

K7SGJ
12-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Ahem. What makes you think they aren't already?

—Pope Carlo l and Sister Mary Margaret.

Yeah, but SMM is easy.

n2ize
12-12-2013, 08:22 AM
"Let's make it clear that the vast majority of priests don't rape or molest children."

I thought we had that clear a long time ago but somebody didn't get the message. One thing I don't understand is the difference between rape and molestation... if there is one since to me it's but a matter of how it's done. I don't think I have to go into detailed methodology, or I hope not 'cause I won't, this is neither the time nor the place.

In terms of law I beleive there is a difference.

kb2vxa
12-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I KNEW you'd try to weasel out of it somehow.