PDA

View Full Version : They Killed Brian

suddenseer
11-26-2013, 09:31 AM
He was the best character.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/11/family-guy-killed-off-brian-the-dog-as-fun-way-to-shake-things-up/

WØTKX
11-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Yea, WTF? I missed the episode, it played late because of the Broncos game. I'll catch it later.

But yea, I liked Brian, he was deep/shallow/complicated, and still... a "good" dog.

W3WN
11-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Hmmm... where have I recently seen this discussion before?

Ahem.

It's a cartoon. He's not dead; he was never alive. So anytime they want to 'resurrect' him, they can, and will. See: South Park, character Kenny (you bastids!)

WØTKX
11-26-2013, 02:17 PM
They killed Brian! Those Bastards!

He almost died in the kidney transplant episode.
And his doppelganger bought the farm in Vegas.

Oh, yea. Who shot J.R.?

KG4CGC
11-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Stewie will use his time machine, blah blah blah
Happy ending for final show, blah blah blah

suddenseer
11-26-2013, 11:39 PM
I watched the episode in question. it looks like to me that maybe Seth McFarland was just trying to free up some time in his life so he did not have to do the voice recordings. Maybe I am wrong. It was a funny episode. Always has something to offend everyone.

WØTKX
11-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Bertram will steal Stewie's time machine and Brian will exist again.

But what about DaVinci? :chin:

KG4CGC
11-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Bertram will steal Stewie's time machine and Brian will exist again.

But what about DaVinci? :chin:

What about Mozart?
http://blog.timesunion.com/tech/1114/retro-thursday-mozarts-ghost/

kb2vxa
11-27-2013, 10:00 PM
It's a kind of a shame, Seth has the best voice. On the other hand Alex Borstein as Lois has the most grating, whiny nasal voice that gets on my last nerve. That's quite a change from MAD TV where she shone as Ms. Swan. "He look like... a man."

Stewie while zipping through hyperspace in his time machine crashes into the TARDIS so they pull over on a nearby asteroid to exchange credentials. To avoid an unpleasant episode with the cops and the insurance companies they make a deal, the Doctor brings Brian back to life with his sonic screwdriver. Stewie has his long time friend back and they all live happily ever after, after Stewie disintegrates Vinnie with his ray gun and nobody remembers him anyway.

WØTKX
11-28-2013, 08:26 AM
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-AN717_briant_E_20131125110723.jpg

suddenseer
11-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Do you think a thread about a dead, fictional cartoon character would make it 'over yonder'?

W5BRM
11-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Someone started one i saw. Don't hv a linky though. Last i saw i think it was still at a single page

suddenseer
11-30-2013, 07:54 AM
I love these cultures. My favorite 'new show' is The Misfits. It is like brain crack.

kb2vxa
11-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Interestingly The Misfits band is like brain crack, or maybe a crack in the brain. Now we have them, a 1961 film directed by John Huston, the TV series and us, what's next?

K7SGJ
12-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Do you think a thread about a dead, fictional cartoon character would make it 'over yonder'?

They already have one. It's a sticky from Fred himself.

kb2vxa
12-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Sticky Phred, a dead, fictional cartoon character.

W3WN
12-04-2013, 08:30 AM
They already have one. It's a sticky from Fred himself.Oh, I thought Frank was the dead fictional character off shore.

N7YA
12-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Its normal tv business. He killed Brian to get people to talk about the show. FG has been taking a hit lately for no longer being funny, losing ratings and people just growing tired of them. Its still a beloved show, i own 10 seasons of Family Guy on dvd, but i havent watched the show in 2 years.

The South Park guys were getting tired too, but they stuck to the formula and things are just as good as always for them. We know one of their animators, he is busy. That and they just won an Emmy. Family Guy will live on, and im sure Brian will be back, but they are trying things out to shake things up.

N2CHX
12-11-2013, 12:53 PM
I'll take Trey Parker and Matt Stone over Seth MacFarlane any day. The former are funny, down to earth and pretty damn cool as celebrities go. Seth is just an arrogant douche. I like Family Guy, but mostly stopped watching after Limbaugh did a cameo and the whole episode was obviously a ploy to make Limbag seem like a nice person who is simply misunderstood, rather than the lying, hypocritical piece of shit that he is.

South Park can be really crude at times but there is usually an underlying message or "moral" to each episode that makes sense and is hilariously funny at the same time.

KG4CGC
12-11-2013, 01:27 PM
I'll take Trey Parker and Matt Stone over Seth MacFarlane any day. The former are funny, down to earth and pretty damn cool as celebrities go. Seth is just an arrogant douche. I like Family Guy, but mostly stopped watching after Limbaugh did a cameo and the whole episode was obviously a ploy to make Limbag seem like a nice person who is simply misunderstood, rather than the lying, hypocritical piece of shit that he is.

South Park can be really crude at times but there is usually an underlying message or "moral" to each episode that makes sense and is hilariously funny at the same time.

So you thought that episode was pro Limbaugh? Interesting.

N2CHX
12-11-2013, 01:28 PM
So you thought that episode was pro Limbaugh? Interesting.

Yes. I'll watch it again if you think I'm wrong on that.

KG4CGC
12-11-2013, 01:31 PM
If you already think McFarland is a douche then I can see why you'd think the episode was Pro Limbaugh. I think it showed how wishy washy some people are and how easily led others are.

N7YA
12-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Part of what set Family Guy apart was their willingness to step on the toes of the people who felt they were this direction or that direction and pigeonhole them...basically, they liked to throw curveballs. But I agree with Kel on South Park, they always have Kyle or Stan light everyone up with a speech about how stupid everyone is being.

And they arent afraid to actually show the characters pooping. Who else does that on primetime?

KG4CGC
12-11-2013, 06:18 PM
And this is South Park night!

N7YA
12-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Not for me, i haven't watched tv in 2 years. :lol:

K7SGJ
12-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Not for me, i haven't watched tv in 2 years. :lol:

So..........you haven't seen anyone poop in primetime for 2 years? You must be beside yourself.

kb2vxa
12-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Kelli says:
"I like Family Guy, but mostly stopped watching after Limbaugh did a cameo and the whole episode was obviously a ploy to make Limbag seem like a nice person who is simply misunderstood, rather than the lying, hypocritical piece of shit that he is."

I saw that episode rerun recently and it IS undoubtedly pro Limbuger, portraying him as the All American. Morphing into a Bald Eagle and flying into the sunset was the icing on the cake! THAT stirred something indescribable within me, I didn't know whether I should run to the bathroom or jump out the window. Maybe the window, I can't fit down the toilet.

South Fark is another story entirely filled to the brim with poop. They poop, they stuff food up their behinds and poop out their mouths and then there is Mr. Hanky the Christmas poo. Cartman has more up there than can normally fit, his alien implant is a huge microwave array that communicates with the mother shit... ship. Then the Japanese are jealous of Americans, they have small penises. I could go on and on filling pages with their hilarious antics, the show is one of my rather few favorites so come on down to South Park and meet some friends of mine.

KG4CGC
12-11-2013, 09:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO2DH1Dl1M8

N7YA
12-11-2013, 11:37 PM
So..........you haven't seen anyone poop in primetime for 2 years? You must be beside yourself.

Its killing me!

N2NH
12-16-2013, 11:45 AM
And then....

not so much.

Agree with Kelli. But I find Family Guy is pretty shallow, predictable and it seems to kow-tow to a lot of other different genres, stealing, not borrowing their ideas.

In other words, they're kissing ass way too much. It's that obvious. South Park forevah!

N2CHX
12-16-2013, 12:23 PM
And then....

not so much.

Agree with Kelli. But I find Family Guy is pretty shallow, predictable and it seems to kow-tow to a lot of other different genres, stealing, not borrowing their ideas.

In other words, they're kissing ass way too much. It's that obvious. South Park forevah!

We watched the Peruvian Flute Band episodes which aired on CC last night. Never gets old and quite frankly I sometimes think some government officials really are that stupid.

K7SGJ
12-16-2013, 01:53 PM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES BACK?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/12/find-out-how-family-guy-resurrected-brian-back-from-the-dead/

N7YA
12-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Told ya'll. ;)

K7SGJ
12-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Told ya'll. ;)

You've just won a beautiful new house in the rural pines of Maine, on 40 acres, with ponds, gardens, artist studio, music room, and a ham radio shack with log periodic antenna on a 200 foot tower.

Oh...................wait a minute..........................I'm sorry, that was already awarded to "Nice Guy" Bob the bastid, and he gave it to some homeless immigrants.........................never mind.

Well shit, sorry bro, we seem to be all out of prizes, but feel free to play again.

N7YA
12-16-2013, 10:21 PM
But....I can be a homeless immigrant too!! :dunno: