PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Most Excellent Trips...

W3WN
11-03-2013, 07:23 PM
...well, I'm not sure I'd call it "excellent" since the motel we've used in the past was a total dive this time around...

Spent yesterday (Saturday) in Virginia. Our new granddaughter was baptized, so everyone got invited down.

Big surprise at the church, running into my wife's ex and his family. We'd been told he couldn't get the day off (he's a postal carrier) due to short staff and loads of assigned OT. We were concerned we'd be the only ones from Pittsburgh there... my in-laws couldn't come, my father-in-law is recovering from knee replacement surgery... so it was nice to have someone to talk to.

(Yes, we get along quite well with the ex & his family. Those issues are long settled, and I came into the picture years after the split-up anyway. Besides, the ex's wife & I have something in common... but that's another story)
She's a cutie, isn't she? (And doesn't look a damn thing like me, either, lucky kid)

Meanwhile, since I knew I was going to be out of town most of the weekend, I also know I was going to miss the annual WACOM hamfest. So I left some shekels with a friend and had him pick up some main prize tickets for me.

We got home pretty late last night, so we all slept in. Puttering around the house getting a few things done, when I get a phone call mid-afternoon.

2nd prize. 46" Magnavox HDTV.

All in all, a good weekend!

K7SGJ
11-03-2013, 08:23 PM
...well, I'm not sure I'd call it "excellent" since the motel we've used in the past was a total dive this time around...

Spent yesterday (Saturday) in Virginia. Our new granddaughter was baptized, so everyone got invited down.

Big surprise at the church, running into my wife's ex and his family. We'd been told he couldn't get the day off (he's a postal carrier) due to short staff and loads of assigned OT. We were concerned we'd be the only ones from Pittsburgh there... my in-laws couldn't come, my father-in-law is recovering from knee replacement surgery... so it was nice to have someone to talk to.

(Yes, we get along quite well with the ex & his family. Those issues are long settled, and I came into the picture years after the split-up anyway. Besides, the ex's wife & I have something in common... but that's another story)
She's a cutie, isn't she? (And doesn't look a damn thing like me, either, lucky kid)

Meanwhile, since I knew I was going to be out of town most of the weekend, I also know I was going to miss the annual WACOM hamfest. So I left some shekels with a friend and had him pick up some main prize tickets for me.

We got home pretty late last night, so we all slept in. Puttering around the house getting a few things done, when I get a phone call mid-afternoon.

2nd prize. 46" Magnavox HDTV.

All in all, a good weekend!

Yes, she is a cutie, so is the baby. Here is something I've learned from experience that I will gladly pass along. Old bastids like us, with hair that color, like us, should only be photographed with a new born from our shoulders down. It makes us look much younger.

Carry on Grandpa.