PDA

View Full Version : Rat Shack clearance

n6hcm
10-09-2013, 11:17 PM
more than 1000 items marked down big--not all available in every area. i picked up a shortwave radio that i totally didn't need for a nice discount.

this is the whole list (http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4107045&numProdsPerPage=60)

the store i stopped in looked kinda sad. chock full of cellular stuff and consumer crap. all bright; no merchandise in the front of the store. they couldn't even make amazon lockers work.

K7SGJ
10-09-2013, 11:27 PM
That Grundig G2 for 40 bux aint bad.

KG4CGC
10-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Nice.
Here's a DEAL!
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2123237&numProdsPerPage=60

NA4BH
10-09-2013, 11:29 PM
I'd like to get another SW radio, what page is it on?

n6hcm
10-10-2013, 12:28 AM
yeah ... they didn't have any G2s here but I got a G8. they even gave me a free shopping bag! (big news in SF where shopping bags provided by the store cost $0.10)

n6hcm
10-10-2013, 12:30 AM
I'd like to get another SW radio, what page is it on?

on the left-hand nav bar, under type, select "show all" ... then scroll down to shortwave and click on it. or just click here. (http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4107045&allCount=1034&fbc=1&f=PAD%2FProduct+Type%2FShortwave+radios&fbn=Type%2FShortwave+radios&filterName=Type&filterValue=Shortwave+radios)

KC2UGV
10-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Been going on for about a month. I picked up a total of about 8 different solar panels for about $25.

K7SGJ
10-10-2013, 01:12 PM
yeah ... they didn't have any G2s here but I got a G8. they even gave me a free shopping bag! (big news in SF where shopping bags provided by the store cost $0.10)

The last time we were in Austin to visit our daughter, my wife and I bought a bunch of groceries for her. The check out lady just kept putting everything back in the cart after ringing them up. I asked about some bags to carry the stuff in, and was informed a law had been recently passed that banned anything other than reusable bags. Probably not a bad idea, but we got caught short the first time around. I wondered why so many people were trying to stuff their groceries into the little plastic bags used for produce. I wonder why those little bags are furnished and still okay to use?

n6hcm
10-11-2013, 06:21 AM
I wondered why so many people were trying to stuff their groceries into the little plastic bags used for produce. I wonder why those little bags are furnished and still okay to use?

probably because (a) they're smaller, and (b) (guessing here) they're made of something compostable. the law (here) was aimed at the larger plastic bags that don't recycle and often end up blowing around town like tumbleweeds. my annoyance: i get my groceries delivered (no car, so no convenient way to get the stuff home) and they still pack my order in bags and charge me a dime each. there's no reason they can't put the groceries into the plastic delivery bins and unpack those when they arrive here.

KC2UGV
10-11-2013, 06:35 AM
probably because (a) they're smaller, and (b) (guessing here) they're made of something compostable. the law (here) was aimed at the larger plastic bags that don't recycle and often end up blowing around town like tumbleweeds. my annoyance: i get my groceries delivered (no car, so no convenient way to get the stuff home) and they still pack my order in bags and charge me a dime each. there's no reason they can't put the groceries into the plastic delivery bins and unpack those when they arrive here.

You know, you should suggest that to the vendor. Would save them money, and they would get "Green Points". Maybe even use the produce crates, and charge a $10 deposit on each one. Give one back, get a full one, no deposit. Return the crate, get the deposit back.

And, produce crates, I mean these (Not the wooden ones):
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/745777495/Plastic_Moving_Stacking_Crate_with_lid.html

W3WN
10-11-2013, 10:50 AM
probably because (a) they're smaller, and (b) (guessing here) they're made of something compostable. the law (here) was aimed at the larger plastic bags that don't recycle and often end up blowing around town like tumbleweeds. my annoyance: i get my groceries delivered (no car, so no convenient way to get the stuff home) and they still pack my order in bags and charge me a dime each. there's no reason they can't put the groceries into the plastic delivery bins and unpack those when they arrive here.Aldi's (at least around here) does not provide free bags of any kind.

You can bring your own, or buy their canvas or paper bags. Or, you can simply take some of the empty boxes that are use to deliver the bulk items. Which are sturdier than bags, especially when the groceries are placed in the trunk of a car. (Of course, if you're hoofing it, you probably want the bags)

K7SGJ
10-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Aldi's (at least around here) does not provide free bags of any kind.

You can bring your own, or buy their canvas or paper bags. Or, you can simply take some of the empty boxes that are use to deliver the bulk items. Which are sturdier than bags, especially when the groceries are placed in the trunk of a car. (Of course, if you're hoofing it, you probably want the bags)
Now that you've got the Chevy, loading and unloading your grub will be a lead pipe cinch. What the fuck is a lead pipe cinch, anyway?

W3WN
10-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Now that you've got the Chevy, loading and unloading your grub will be a lead pipe cinch. < snip >Not yet. Everything's ready, we pick it up tomorrow morning. (We can't tonight, have a viewing to go to)

< snip >What the fuck is a lead pipe cinch, anyway?
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/lead-pipe-cinch.html

K7SGJ
10-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Not yet. Everything's ready, we pick it up tomorrow morning. (We can't tonight, have a viewing to go to)

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/lead-pipe-cinch.html

Huh, who Gnu?

Tnx

W3WN
10-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Been going on for about a month. I picked up a total of about 8 different solar panels for about $25.How good are those solar panels? Thought occurs to me that this might solve a problem (mounting an SGC auto tuner out at the antenna, but no power... OTOH, a battery and a solar panel...) if they're decent enough.

KC2UGV
10-11-2013, 07:39 PM
How good are those solar panels? Thought occurs to me that this might solve a problem (mounting an SGC auto tuner out at the antenna, but no power... OTOH, a battery and a solar panel...) if they're decent enough.

2 6V 500mA panels are being employed to keep my Raspi running during power outages. Working well enough, not really a "stress test" though.

n6hcm
10-12-2013, 11:12 PM
You know, you should suggest that to the vendor. Would save them money, and they would get "Green Points". Maybe even use the produce crates, and charge a $10 deposit on each one. Give one back, get a full one, no deposit. Return the crate, get the deposit back.

webvan used to do something like this (i don't remember if they had a deposit on the crates or not ... ) and spud (http://www.spud.com/about/whatsnew.cfm?lid=5&msg=0) does this (they collect a deposit). it's not like it's a new idea--i'd be surprised if safeway didn't already consider this.