PDA

View Full Version : I'm Rich! I'm Wealthy! I'm Well Off!

W3WN
10-04-2013, 01:39 PM
...or at least I should be, after following through on THIS unexpected bit of good news!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------- Original Message --------
Date: Oct 4, 2013 1:45:15 PM
Subject: YOUR CONSIGNMENT BOX UNLOCKING CODE IS BRK.25H680AD

Attn:Beneficiary,

I wish to inform you that the Diplomatic Agent conveying the consignment box valued the sum of $18.2Million USD misplaced your delivery address and he is currently stranded at FORT WORTH TEXAS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. We required you to reconfirm the following information as stated below for safe delivery to you.

Full Name:
RESIDENTIAL Address:
Nearest Airport:
Direct Phone No:
ID ATTACHMENT:

Contact the Diplomatic Agent Mr.JAMES ZINCHIN Email him with the information at: Email(dipjameszinchin@yahoo.com.ph) He is waiting to hear from you today with the information at the Airport NB:The Diplomatic Agent does not know that the content of the consignment box is $18.2Millions USD and on no circumstances should you let him know the content.

BELLOW IS YOUR CONSIGNMENT BOX DETAILS:
CONSIGNMENT CODE:CAF/XX/102/
THE RIGHT HAND SIDE SECURITY KEY CODE NUMBER IS 9015.

Regard,
Robert Anderson.
The Director of FedEx Courier Benin Republic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, how can I pass up good fortune like this? To think that this man would think of me! And he's from Benin, not NIGERIA, so of COURSE I can trust him!

Wow. $18.2 million. Of COURSE, no one would ever miss that, now would they?

Oh, happy days!!!!

/sarcasm

KG4CGC
10-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Oh, an offshore account? LOL!

W3WN
10-04-2013, 02:44 PM
You know, I am SO tempted to open up an email account on one of the free services, using the name of a political leader... and then "replying" to this schmuck using the leader's name and (misleading) information.

Of course, doing so with a reply-to email address for... exactly!

I won't. It's unethical, and probably illegal (as in identity theft). But it IS tempting!

KG4CGC
10-04-2013, 02:52 PM
419 eaters is a good place to get examples of how some scammers are dealt with.

W3WN
10-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I know.

There used to be a web site, something like "the busted cowgirl", that had a whole section devoted to this. I think she finally shut it all down... the scam artist stuff was taking over the site, and IIRC, there were some (mostly empty) threats made against her as well (and who needs the grief?)

KG4CGC
10-04-2013, 03:26 PM
I figured you knew but this is the internet and stuff.

W7XF
10-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Hey do it while the IRS is out on their extended, involuntary Hawaiian vacay!!

N7YA
10-04-2013, 05:25 PM
A drummer friends of mine got one of these regarding lessons he gives. It basically stated that they wanted to send their daughter or neice forlessons, they would send an international money order. Later, they would claim that it was to much and ask the difference be sent back, but the original MO is bad. That and they now have your address and personal info. Another musician friend got the exact same email...the exact same one.

K7SGJ
10-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Tell him it just so happens you'll be in Ft Worth tomorrow, and you'll pick up the box. And since you have been a locksmith for 43 years, the unlock code is not necessary. Tell him to be in the middle of 26 left around noonish.

n2ize
10-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Condradulations on your new found fortune. Invest and spend it wisely. And remember us little people. :)

kb2vxa
10-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Little people... as in Leprechauns and Fairies?

W3WN
10-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't know about Leprechauns, but I thought the use of the term "Fairies" would be considered a slur in some circles around here?

K7SGJ
10-10-2013, 01:36 PM
As a Leprechaun, I am highly offended. I'm taking my pot of gold to the end of another rainbow.

kb2vxa
10-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Uh oh, now we'll have to make it LGBT&L. But hey, this Fairie has something for everybody! <pant pant>