PDA

View Full Version : Trading HT1000, Motorola, etc

K9TSU
09-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi all,

I'll start of with this.. I'm a high school ham and an EMT student that is involved with a local EMS group. I've had a few ham repeaters (including my own vhf repeater) in a 16 channel HT1000 along with our EMS/Fire repeaters/simplex frequencies/pager frequencies.

I like the HT1000 and all, but the more involved I get the more I realize I need more channels. So, with that said, I have an HT1000 (can program it however you want) with 3 batteries. Of the three batteries two are good, the other is "ok." Also, a rapid charger and an antenna (good shape..not bent and torn up.)

I would like something with alpha tags so that I don't call up EMS traffic on ham repeaters (been there done that..) or something stupid when I can't remember which position is which channel. I was thinking an MT2000, HT1250, or an XTS3000. Possibly a Kenwood or something too, I'm open to ideas.

I am pretty much broke right now, but i would trade out some equipment I have, including the 1000. My equipment I don't need include:

1 MSR2000 transmit board
1 MSR2000 RX board
1 Motorola Sp50, two channel (and charger/battery. Battery is fine)
HT1000 (as stated)
25 feet of Andrews 1/2" hardline (not superflex)
1 "Kenwood 2-pin plug" style speaker mic (pro-grade. Unsure of model, but it's a commercial one)
1 Larson 800/900mhz center loaded (about 8" tall) mobile antenna. I do not have the NMO mount, tho. Whip only

If you are interested in trading any of these for a radio (commercial VHF) that you think will do well for me, let me know in either a PM or to vince(dot)waelti(at)northernilskywarn(dot)org

I'm open to suggestions, etc.