PDA

View Full Version : 4:20 at a whole new level.....

W7XF
08-27-2013, 02:43 PM
USAF bans one variety of Chobani Greek Yogurt:

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20130826/NEWS/308260043/Air-Force-bans-Greek-yogurt-hemp-seed

And lookie here at the label:

Betcha there's a run on that!!!!!!!!

KG4CGC
08-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Morons. Hemp seeds have no effect.

PA5COR
08-27-2013, 03:46 PM
hemp seeds can be traced in bloodsamples for drugtests as well wipe tests.
There's always some THC in the seeds, eating a few bagels with hemp seeds can show up in drugtests.
Not enough to get you stoned, but enough to show on tests.

suddenseer
08-27-2013, 04:23 PM
There's always some THC in the seeds, eating a few bagels with hemp seeds can show up in drugtests.
Not enough to get you stoned, but enough to show on tests.Here in the land of 'zero tolerance, that means you are fired, or denied a job, or arrested.

W3WN
08-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Or have your baby taken away.

For real... there was a recent settlement between a local hospital & a new mother. She was tested right after birth (hospital policy), and tested positive. The hospital reported her, and her newborn was taken by CYS for a few days... until it came out that she'd eaten a poppy seed bagel shortly before going into labor. (CYS did return the child, by the way)

(The action happened several years ago, the suit was just settled this July)

See http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/poppyseed.asp amongst others.

KC2UGV
08-27-2013, 05:21 PM

For real... there was a recent settlement between a local hospital & a new mother. She was tested right after birth (hospital policy), and tested positive. The hospital reported her, and her newborn was taken by CYS for a few days... until it came out that she'd eaten a poppy seed bagel shortly before going into labor. (CYS did return the child, by the way)

Yep yep: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/poppy-seed-drug-test-minimyth.htm

wa6mhz
08-27-2013, 06:36 PM

That happened when WA6BEN was born 20something years ago. My good wife and I were in the room with another mother, and some people came in, telling her she was being released.

"We are putting a HOLD on the BABY, as we found #### in your system at delivery...."

The mother went absolutely BESERK, screaming and yelling and had to have handlers come in and restrain and sedate her.

The baby was confiscated and she had to go home WITHOUT him.

They quickly moved my wife to another room while they "RESTRAINED" the mother

KG4CGC
08-27-2013, 06:47 PM
People (lab techs and others) swear up and down that poppy seeds do not test positive for drugs but I've seen it with my own eyes. THEY DO.

koØm
08-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Here in the land of 'zero tolerance, that means you are fired, or denied a job, or arrested.

There are plans in the works here in Ohio to start testing and reporting positive drug tests in pre-natal mothers to CPS; they are going to do this as a method to lower health care and foster care cost for the neo-natals.

W3WN
08-27-2013, 07:08 PM
By no means do I condone in any way illegal use of drugs.

But I am, and have always been, uncomfortable with situations like this. Someone is tested without their knowledge, and the test results are then used against them. Essentially, guilty before being proved innocent.

In situations like these, at the very least, there should be a second test before actions like these are taken. Mistakes do happen, and there are such things as false positives.

The presumption of guilt by those in authority is the most troubling aspect. "You tested positive for (fill in the blank). So we're taking this action." Period! Done! End discussion! Never mind that the accused may have no idea a test was done, who performed it, who evaluated it... nothing. The accused may not have even seen the results, or been told what they were... no follow up, no nothing.

kb2vxa
08-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Actually I commend the Air Force for banning something that will give a false positive drug test, it avoids a big hassle all around. Aside from this flap of "Greek" yogurt, what's the point putting pot seeds in it? Chia seed is a recognized health food but pot? If I had any idea it was healthy I wouldn't have wasted it on the canaries!

I'm sure you know that chia seed has another use, but did you know about the latest "chia pets"? You can get them at K-mart and online retailers Amazon.com, Drugstore.com and www.Americanchia.com so have fun America.

KC2UGV
08-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Actually I commend the Air Force for banning something that will give a false positive drug test, it avoids a big hassle all around. Aside from this flap of "Greek" yogurt, what's the point putting pot seeds in it? Chia seed is a recognized health food but pot? If I had any idea it was healthy I wouldn't have wasted it on the canaries!

I'm sure you know that chia seed has another use, but did you know about the latest "chia pets"? You can get them at K-mart and online retailers Amazon.com, Drugstore.com and www.Americanchia.com (http://www.Americanchia.com) so have fun America.

Hemp seeds contain lots of complex proteins and oils. They are, for all intents and purposes, one of those "wonderfoods" that could very well solve world hunger.

KG4CGC
08-27-2013, 09:10 PM
"Aside from this flap of "Greek" yogurt, what's the point putting pot seeds in it? "
Extremely nutritious superfood level type of thing. Back in the time of kings when everyone else was covered in shit, the people who were covered in shit ate hemp seeds to keep them strong inside and out. While the king suffered maladies associated with a diet of excess, the poor lived a hard life while staying healthy enough, all things being equal that is, to not suffer and die from things like heart attack and stroke. No, they died from infected wounds.

n2ize
08-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Not enough to get you stoned, but enough to show on tests.

Are you sure you don't mean poppy seeds. Speaking of which I think they grow a lot of those in your neck of the woods, no ?

PA5COR
08-28-2013, 01:41 AM
No, Germaan police uses wipe tests to see if you have used cannabis or hemp to smoke and cocain etc.
Some people were falsely accused of having smoked hemp but they found out hat eating the seeds also gives a false reading of those wipe tests the people were accuited.

You do need to have eaten a lot of them though, the THC content is actually small, but it is there.

n2ize
08-28-2013, 10:51 PM
By no means do I condone in any way illegal use of drugs.

I do. As long as the person is not bothering me and/or not endangering others, driving under the influence, operating heavy machinery, not a minor, etc.then it should be entirely up to the individual what they decide to put into, or not put into themselves. For people who abuse the privilege, i.e. show up to work stoned, etc. there are potential consequences. Just like we deal with liquor. If you want to drink then fine. But if you want to drink to the point where you screw up your life, heath or if you endanger others then you face the consequences.

kb2vxa
08-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Cor, methinks he was referring to poppy seed bagels. Eating one used to give a false positive test for opiates but they now use a different test. OK, now I know that cannabis seeds are some kind of dyno health food I can see how easy it is to get a false positive there. It used to be enough canabinols (sp?) were metabolized in a week to render the test negative but now they have a test that detects such trace amounts of metabolites it's positive for more than a month, often several. I would imagine ingestion of only a few seeds recently would set off alarms.

http://www.thccalc.com/how-long-does-marijuana-stay-in-your-system.html

W7XF
08-29-2013, 11:26 PM
I know the D.O.T. specified tests can detect THC metabolites at the 120 day level, as well as detect those alleged "clean your system out" concoctions.

KG4CGC
08-30-2013, 01:17 AM
I know the D.O.T. specified tests can detect THC metabolites at the 120 day level, as well as detect those alleged "clean your system out" concoctions.

http://www.aaamedicaltesting.com/drugfacts.htm