PDA

View Full Version : The Popularity of Vaping

n2ize
08-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Vaping seems to really be taking off in a big way. More and more stores seem to be selling e-cigs, refill carts, parts, liquids, etc.I see more and more e-cig signs in the windows of stores. Today I was walking and I saw the "EonSmoke" e-cig van passing by. I doubt that any bans of vaping will be successful. It is becoming too popular too fast. More and more companies are involved and making money at it. Wait till big tobacco gets involved. BanMan won't stand a chance.

KC2UGV
08-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Wait till big tobacco gets involved. BanMan won't stand a chance.

They already are. RJ Reynolds are the ones selling Blu. I think Phillip Morris are the ones selling NJoy.

KG4CGC
08-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Another vaping thread? I think this one could be merged with the other BanMan vape thread started by the OP.
The FDA is supposed to issue new regulations in October 2013. These regulations will be inline with current tobacco regulations including the part where each state will be entitled to their fair share of tax revenue inside their state. This wiil negatively affect online sales of joose. This will cover federal and state taxes. SC plans to include a 15 cent per ml of liquid tax. The issue has been settled and it's just a matter of drawing up the paperwork and making it official.
E-cigs will be treated exactly like tobacco and will become prohibitively expensive in an effort to turn vapers back into smokers.
Follow the money.

n2ize
08-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Another vaping thread? I think this one could be merged with the other BanMan vape thread started by the OP.
The FDA is supposed to issue new regulations in October 2013. These regulations will be inline with current tobacco regulations including the part where each state will be entitled to their fair share of tax revenue inside their state. This wiil negatively affect online sales of joose. This will cover federal and state taxes. SC plans to include a 15 cent per ml of liquid tax. The issue has been settled and it's just a matter of drawing up the paperwork and making it official.
E-cigs will be treated exactly like tobacco and will become prohibitively expensive in an effort to turn vapers back into smokers.
Follow the money.

That really sucks moose. And its so damned illogical. e-cigs are not a tobacco product, they are so much safer, they don;t produce second hand smoke, they are not a fire hazard (i.e. smoking in bed). There is so much potential in this product. For ex-smokers it offers the satisfaction without the high risks. And for non-smokers chosing to smoke it is still a safer and cleaner way to go. This is why I bought 2 e-cigs. I wanted to get one before they started their crap.

But unfortunately the greedy bastards have to get into the act. They can't let people live or give people a break. They have to fuck with people at every turn. They would rather people die and get their ca$h than allow people to have a cheaper, safer alternative that may save millions of lives. Screw the FDA. People have to fight this at every turn at both the state and federal level. I am so sick of these bastards interfering with every aspect of peoples lives

n2ize
08-21-2013, 02:57 PM
People are going to have to learn to make their own liquids, refil their carts and beat their crappy taxes.

KC2UGV
08-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Follow the money.

Nah, and exactly for that reason (Follow the money): The tobacco industry is grabbing the last chance at a product that can be sold without taxes. They'll fight taxing it tooth and nail, with every lobbyist at their disposal, you can bet.

KG4CGC
08-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Nah, and exactly for that reason (Follow the money): The tobacco industry is grabbing the last chance at a product that can be sold without taxes. They'll fight taxing it tooth and nail, with every lobbyist at their disposal, you can bet.

They'll fight for their brand while knocking out all the little guys running shops and selling online. Right now, it's looking like you will have to have a laboratory onsite just to mix e-liquids. Cleanroom specs, decontamination rooms etc. And just as they required ID and signatures for cold medication containing pseudo-ephedrine, they'll change the law on being able to purchase propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. Not even to mention the NEW&IMPROVED regulations on purchasing nicotine.
I talked to a local shop owner who wants to keep his business going after October and he's already preparing for the outlay of a lab and certified personnel.

n2ize
08-21-2013, 09:05 PM
They'll fight for their brand while knocking out all the little guys running shops and selling online. Right now, it's looking like you will have to have a laboratory onsite just to mix e-liquids. Cleanroom specs, decontamination rooms etc. And just as they required ID and signatures for cold medication containing pseudo-ephedrine, they'll change the law on being able to purchase propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. Not even to mention the NEW&IMPROVED regulations on purchasing nicotine.
I talked to a local shop owner who wants to keep his business going after October and he's already preparing for the outlay of a lab and certified personnel.

It will be pretty tough to outlaw propylene glycol (anti-freeze) and common vegetable glycerine. Nonetheless I don't doubt that vaping is in for a tough ride. Not to mention the anti-tobacco nannies that consider e-cigs a gateway drug.

KG4CGC
08-21-2013, 09:31 PM
It will be pretty tough to outlaw propylene glycol (anti-freeze) and common vegetable glycerine. Nonetheless I don't doubt that vaping is in for a tough ride. Not to mention the anti-tobacco nannies that consider e-cigs a gateway drug.

Didn't say outlaw. Nor did I use the word restrict but that's what it is. New regulations to restrict who can purchase PG/VG and nic and nic is the only one that is dangerous.

n2ize
08-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Didn't say outlaw. Nor did I use the word restrict but that's what it is. New regulations to restrict who can purchase PG/VG and nic and nic is the only one that is dangerous.

They are all pretty bad. It's time we get the damned lawmakers off our backs.

KG4CGC
08-21-2013, 11:04 PM
They're all who/what, is bad.

K7SGJ
08-21-2013, 11:29 PM
They are all pretty bad. It's time we get the damned lawmakers off our backs.

Yeah, and get the monkey back where it belongs.

n2ize
08-22-2013, 02:24 AM
They're all who/what, is bad.

Lawmakers.

Bubba
08-22-2013, 03:11 AM
Would someone be so kind as to explain what this e vaping is . Never heard of it on the rock.

n2ize
08-22-2013, 03:54 AM
Would someone be so kind as to explain what this e vaping is . Never heard of it on the rock.

Electronic cigarettes. It's called "vaping" because you are inhaling a vapor, a liquid dispersed in air, rather than smoke. Unlike regular cigarettes they don't produce secondhand smoke, they don't produce a lingering odor, they don't contain the tars and solids found in smoke, yet they provide flavour and satisfaction. Maybe not as much flavor and satisfaction as regular cigs but enough to act as an alternative for persons trying to quit and possibly a far safer alternative to those who want to smoke... vape instead.