PDA

View Full Version : Synonyms......T-Mobile = ?

koØm
08-20-2013, 07:46 PM
T-Mobile = ASSHATS

I own a 3 year old HTC cellphone that has been out of service with T-Mobile for one year because I upgraded to a newer model, I wanted to put it on a different network for my son so, I first went into an Authorized Dealer and inquired about unlocking the phone. I was instructed to call Customer Service and they could help me out.

I called CS and made a request, this is what I got.

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
Sim Unlock Reference: 60*****
IMEI: 35177**********

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock Request. Unfortunately, this subscriber is not eligible to receive the unlock code at this time. In order to be eligible, the subscriber must complete 7 days of active service on the line. Please submit a new request 7 days after this device has been in use.

Thank You,
Customer Service
T-Mobile USA, Inc.

I called them back and asked what the message meant and, it was explained to me that I had to take the SIM Card out of my new phone, insert it in the old phone and use it for a week then, put in another request for the unlock code and procedure.

They are a bunch of Asshats and the procedure is CAPITAL A-sshattery!

Definition: pejorative metaphoric adjective; refers to those who have their heads up their asses - metaphorically speaking; as in short sighted, dimwitted or asinine or self-absorbed persons

Yup, that's my cellphone provider.

N2CHX
08-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Verizon isn't any better. Ironically, I'm using Cricket now and they're a lot better than any carrier I've ever had, and I've had a cell phone since about 1996.

NQ6U
08-20-2013, 07:57 PM
AT&T sucks. Sprint sucks even worse. That is all.

W4GPL
08-20-2013, 08:31 PM
The industry generally sucks. It's not just one carrier.

I talk to my buddy in .de and he just laughs at how fucked up and backwards our mobile networks are.

PA5COR
08-21-2013, 04:25 AM
Mandatory required by law here after one year use the phone has to bee unlocked by the provider if you desire so.
No if's orr but's tthey just have to do it, or else go to your friendly phone seller who can do it on the spot ;)
I did my HTC TyTn2 myself with some nifty software from the net ;)

KB3LAZ
08-21-2013, 09:14 AM
It is not any better here. It is however more expensive. About the only thing I use my phone for is a clock. Well, I do use it to check the weather from time to time.

W3WN
08-22-2013, 07:35 AM
The boss & LMFD just got new smart phones, not quite a month ago. (I'm still using my old non-smart phone that's now about 6 years old).

We stayed with Verizon Wireless. Not my decision, I got the data, went over the options, and let the boss decide.
She picked the phone she wanted. Her choice; I stayed out of it.

Last night? For some reason, the volume control wasn't working right on the phone, while trying to receive a call. (I'm not sure what switch or button she actually hit, no doubt by accident, but I finally got it working)

Therefore, I was informed that Verizon Wireless is a sh!t network, and the phone is a sh!t phone. These, of course, are my fault.

A man just can't win sometimes.

kb2vxa
08-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Women, a strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of global thermonuclear war?

n6hcm
08-22-2013, 07:00 PM
mobile phone companies suck. cable/satellite tv providers suck. isps suck. you have to learn how to play the system.

W3WN
08-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Women, a strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of global thermonuclear war?At least then I know the rules...

K9CCH
08-24-2013, 05:18 AM
We have AT&T and we love it. We've had the same plan since 2009 and we were grandfathered into the unlimited everything plan. As of now we refuse to change anything on it so as not to loose our unlimited status, and they haven't made us.

And issues such as the OP's is exactly why I refuse to deal with a cheaper cell provider.

koØm
08-25-2013, 12:40 AM
We have AT&T and we love it. We've had the same plan since 2009 and we were grandfathered into the unlimited everything plan. As of now we refuse to change anything on it so as not to loose our unlimited status, and they haven't made us.

And issues such as the OP's is exactly why I refuse to deal with a cheaper cell provider.

The hardest part was retrograding to my older device and loosing all the 4G capabilities, I did it Thursday night. No Email, Facebook or calendar notifications, it was a quiet 3 days being off the leash; but now it is over.

I got an email from my provider:

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
Sim Unlock Reference: 60xxxxx
IMEI: 3517xxxxxxxxxxx

Unlock Code: **********
Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your HTC device.

1. Insert the foreign SIM card
2. Power on the device and the display should read "Please input unlock code"
3. Enter the unlock code and the device should display "Phone is unlocked."
4. Allow the phone to scan the network (or manually click on the antenna icon to do this)

It is very important that the instructions and SIM unlock code are entered correctly as listed. If you receive an error message while performing the instructions do not make any further attempts to unlock the handset. Please be aware that if an excessive amount of incorrect attempts are made, the phone will be permanently locked. You will need to verify the IMEI by pressing *#06# and contact Customer Care for support.

Thank You,
Customer Service
T-Mobile USA, Inc.

So far so good.