PDA

View Full Version : Netflix - "Orange Is The New Black"

koØm
08-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Anybody watch /watching it?

W4GPL
08-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Not yet, but it's very high on my must watch list..

KC2UGV
08-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Already through season one... Waiting with bated breath for season 2 :)

suddenseer
08-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Watched all of the episodes over a weekend. It is just as good as House of Cards which is Netflix's first production. I see Netflix as the newest original programming channel. Look out HBO, and Showtime.

WX7P
08-20-2013, 01:11 PM
The boyfriend is REALLY annoying.

KC2UGV
08-20-2013, 01:19 PM
The boyfriend is REALLY annoying.

From what I gather, he's the same in real life too.

koØm
08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Already through season one... Waiting with bated breath for season 2 :)

I had to slow down, didn't want such a good thing to be over so soon, I'm saving the last two episodes (12 and 13 ) for later this week.

I was drawn to the show after I watched all 8 seasons of "Weeds" which was also Written and Produced by Jenji Kohan.

There seems to be an underlying themes which both "Weeds" and "Orange Is The New Black" share; the protagonist in both shows are women surviving in today's male dominated world. They are shown making hard decisions and paying the consequences for bucking the system. The antagonist-victims (strange dichotomy) are dead Husbands or clueless boyfriends (Judah Botwin and Larry Blum) who just happen to be Jewish; that's what they get for getting involved with a shiksha. The plot line changes but the theme and moral of the stories run almost parallel.

Ms. Kohan seems to have a love-hate relationship with her female W.A.S.P. protagonists as she punishes them for dragging down the less-than-faithful Jewish men as the women seek to "find" and support themselves in tough situations.

I'm wondering how many seasons Ms. Kohan can stretch the story line out to as, the real Piper Chapman only spent 15 months locked up for the crimes she committed; maybe they will do a 'Prequel' or a sequel or maybe some kind of spin-off show about the other interesting characters she was locked up with.

Season 2 cannot get here quick enough for me.