PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find this story disturbing and unsettling?

WX7P
08-15-2013, 09:01 AM
http://gma.yahoo.com/suspect-tortured-killed-best-friends-wife-son-warrants-020134506--abc-news-topstories.html

This has been all over the news and I'm sure you all have heard about this.

A couple of things bother me a bit.

1. The suspect allegedly had an infatuation with the victim teenager
2. Numerous calls were logged between the suspect and the teenager
3. He kills the mother and the little brother, but doesn't touch the teenager at all.
4. He doesn't threaten to off the teenager when the cops smoked him out
5. She gets on social media like she's explaining a day at the beach. This is a kid who just lost her Mother and little brother. We have hysterical teenagers on TV over the deaths of strangers, much less family members.
6. The Dad has said nothing at all.

The whole story just doesn't add up to me. I'm sure there are one or two cops out there thinking the same thing.

KC2UGV
08-15-2013, 09:05 AM
It does sound off, however, he might have had some odd image in his brain of her and him living happily ever after. As to the constant posting on the internet, she might still be in total denial phase.

But, all in all: I'm just blowing smoke. I haven't been following the story at all.

K7SGJ
08-15-2013, 09:07 AM
I thought the same thing. The dad was on CNN this AM, and doesn't seem too distraught, and the fact the kid was doing Q&A sessions on one of the social media sites seemed rather odd, (as opposed to even) as well. Then, I wondered what all the photos she was posting was all about. If you noticed they were all kinda "slutty" poses. Just a typical dysfunctional American family, I suppose.

wa6mhz
08-15-2013, 09:24 AM
The girl was from Lakeside, only a couple miles away from me here at work. So the story is very pertinent to our local area.

It is indeed all strange. Just mentioned is that she TURNED OFF HER PHONE when she got in the car so they couldn't track her by the Cellphone.

There is indeed more to the story than being told. My bet is that it was a Consensual relationship. Reminds me much of the movie LOLITA, where they got rid of the mom (Shelly Winters) so Humbert and the girl could run off together.

But I can't see her having anything to do with the killing of the mother or brother. She was unaware of their demise until she was "rescued".

She probably could have escaped had she wanted to, but she didn't want to.

I am following this story very carefully.

W4GPL
08-15-2013, 09:52 AM
The whole story just doesn't add up to me. I'm sure there are one or two cops out there thinking the same thing.Thanks for saying so, I've been thinking the same thing for the last several days.

NQ6U
08-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Janet: They lived in Santee. Need I say more?

K7SGJ
08-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Janet: They lived in Santee. Need I say more?

Which is required behavior if you read the Santee Clause.

WØTKX
08-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Don't Stand So Close To Me, by The Police.

Irony is Ironical.

W3WN
08-15-2013, 11:14 AM
http://gma.yahoo.com/suspect-tortured-killed-best-friends-wife-son-warrants-020134506--abc-news-topstories.html
< snip >
The whole story just doesn't add up to me. I'm sure there are one or two cops out there thinking the same thing.Insufficient data. But based on what's been in the news... yeah, it certainly appears that something is very wrong here.

"Dysfunctional" doesn't even come close.

I have my suspicions, but based on insufficient data, best I say tnoghing... right now...

NQ6U
08-15-2013, 11:15 AM
The XYL has an interesting take on this. She thinks that the girl was likely flattered by the older man's attention and that she probably went with him willingly. She also points out that a sixteen-year-old's brain is not yet fully formed and thinks that the girl's behavior—her apparent lack of grief, chatting on a social media site, etc.—is not all that unusual for a kid her age.

WX7P
08-15-2013, 11:24 AM
The XYL has an interesting take on this. She thinks that the girl was likely flattered by the older man's attention and that she probably went with him willingly. She also points out that a sixteen-year-old's brain is not yet fully formed and thinks that the girl's behavior—her apparent lack of grief, chatting on a social media site, etc.—is not all that unusual for a kid her age.

I think attention from an older man thing has some merit but I still can't get beyond the lack of grief over the Mom and sibling dying.

Anderson Cooper had on Jaycee Dugard's therapist who basically said this was the way for this kid to process her grief.

And you're right. Can't rule out the Santee factor! Sarah's brother lived there, if you know what I mean, Carl.

wa6mhz
08-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Glad I live UPHILL from Santee! It gets hotter there than El Cajon!

n2ize
08-15-2013, 02:20 PM
The story is disturbing. Any murder story is disturbing. I'll feel better then the lowlife who did the killing is being led to the gallows. It will mean one less ruthless sociopath murderer to worry about.

NQ6U
08-15-2013, 02:25 PM
The story is disturbing. Any murder story is disturbing. I'll feel better then the lowlife who did the killing is being led to the gallows. It will mean one less ruthless sociopath murderer to worry about.

You're either trolling or have not read anything about the events in question, John. The above statement demonstrates that.

W2NAP
08-15-2013, 02:30 PM
i get the feeling this is going to be a long drawn out "drama"

W4GPL
08-15-2013, 03:31 PM
You're either trolling or have not read anything about the events in question, John. The above statement demonstrates that.Of course he's trolling. He's been doing it for days now.. it's like he has a switch he flips on and off.

KG4CGC
08-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Of course he's trolling. He's been doing it for days now.. it's like he has a switch he flips on and off.

Medical condition. We need to make a special parking spot beside the bar.

W7XF
08-15-2013, 05:47 PM
I have my own personal take on all this, but I am biting my tongue to hold it in. But, any premature death of a person is tragic, whether perp or victim.

n2ize
08-16-2013, 10:59 AM
You're either trolling or have not read anything about the events in question, John. The above statement demonstrates that.

What trolling ? A man goes and kills his best friends wife and son and kidnaps the daughter. Anyone who would do that is a lowlife piece of crap in my opinion and should be strung up for it. Okay, so maybe the daughter seduced him and was in on it and is complacent with what he did. Maybe she wanted some action with this guy. Then she's a piece of crap as well and she should either be strung up along side him or, if she didn't directly take part in the killings, spend the rest of her life in prison.

NQ6U
08-16-2013, 11:04 AM
You're trolling, John. The kidnapper was killed by police.

wa6mhz
08-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Today's news is that they found 2 used condoms.

Police are INVESTIGATING and ANALYZING those.

n2ize
08-16-2013, 12:10 PM
You're trolling, John. The kidnapper was killed by police.

Oh please, stop it with the constant trolling accusations. I am tired of constantly being accused of trolling every time I voice an opinion of something. It's getting lame. Where in the linked article does it say that he was shot? All I saw was that he killed two people and allegedly kidnapped the daughter. If he was shot by the police then justice was served and this case is closed. Either way they guy was a lowlife.

WX7P
08-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Oh please, stop it with the constant trolling accusations. I am tired of constantly being accused of trolling every time I voice an opinion of something. It's getting lame. Where in the linked article does it say that he was shot? All I saw was that he killed two people and allegedly kidnapped the daughter. If he was shot by the police then justice was served and this case is closed. Either way they guy was a lowlife.

I don't see anything factually wrong about that statement.

And you don't get accused of trolling every time you voice an opinion about something, only when you're being provocative and contrary just for the hell of it, which has been a lot lately.

W3WN
08-16-2013, 12:49 PM
< snip >
Where in the linked article does it say that he was shot? All I saw was that he killed two people and allegedly kidnapped the daughter. If he was shot by the police then justice was served and this case is closed. Either way they guy was a lowlife.From the story, at the end of the first section:
Anderson was rescued in Idaho on Saturday after FBI agents shot and killed DiMaggio.Well, you asked...

n2ize
08-16-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't see anything factually wrong about that statement.

And you don't get accused of trolling every time you voice an opinion about something, only when you're being provocative and contrary just for the hell of it, which has been a lot lately.
[/COLOR]

No. I am repeatedly accused of being deliberately contrarian and provocative when i am just offering an opinion. The point is that I did read the article and I didn't see any point where they stated that the murderer/kidnapper was shot. I did not watch the video because I prefer to read text if and when it is available and I didn't see anything saying he was shot and killed in the text. And regardless I am still entitled to the opinion that persons who would deliberately rob others of their precious lives are lowlifes who deserve execution.

Would it be better if I refrained from posting here at all, since I am repeatedly misconstrued as being a perpetual troll then my comments and opinions cannot be taken seriously thus it is not only a waste of my time but that of others as well. Perhaps I should stick to topical forums which focus strictly on fact rather than opinions. I can't see much purpose in continuing here if I am not trolling but everyone thinks I am regardless of whether I am or am not. And before I am accused of "playing victim" no I am not. I am not blaming the forum I am just saying that perhaps my personality or style, or lack of social skills just doesn't fit this type of venue and I would be more constructive on venues that deal in formal subject matter and fact... where there is no room for opinion, where you are either correct or incorrect. Perhaps I am not well suited for this type of venue and better suited towards things that are much more concise and focused.

WX7P
08-16-2013, 01:44 PM
No. I am repeatedly accused of being deliberately contrarian and provocative when i am just offering an opinion. The point is that I did read the article and I didn't see any point where they stated that the murderer/kidnapper was shot. I did not watch the video because I prefer to read text if and when it is available and I didn't see anything saying he was shot and killed in the text. And regardless I am still entitled to the opinion that persons who would deliberately rob others of their precious lives are lowlifes who deserve execution.

Would it be better if I refrained from posting here at all, since I am repeatedly misconstrued as being a perpetual troll then my comments and opinions cannot be taken seriously thus it is not only a waste of my time but that of others as well. Perhaps I should stick to topical forums which focus strictly on fact rather than opinions. I can't see much purpose in continuing here if I am not trolling but everyone thinks I am regardless of whether I am or am not. And before I am accused of "playing victim" no I am not. I am not blaming the forum I am just saying that perhaps my personality or style, or lack of social skills just doesn't fit this type of venue and I would be more constructive on venues that deal in formal subject matter and fact... where there is no room for opinion, where you are either correct or incorrect. Perhaps I am not well suited for this type of venue and better suited towards things that are much more concise and focused.

Oh, please.

Don't start sipping the "I'm being run off" whine.

I am only speaking for myself here. You and another station here seem to relish in being contrary and "different" just for the hell of it. There's no logic to it, so it's easy to draw the conclusion that you're just trolling.

Most of the time your "opinion" is dropped in late in the game with something completely ridiculous or outlandish (send the perp to the gallows!) One day you're logical and intelligent then the next day we may get posts that sound like they were written in crayon by some brain dead teabagger.

I've seen your posts for about ten years now, and you only started doing this contrary bullshit comparatively recently. Even during the height of the shit slinging on the zed, you were one that ALWAYS kept your cool and were balanced in your postings. I doubt you've undergone any kind of life change, I think you're this schtick on purpose.

It obviously started out as a joke ("As a conservative, I think...") and has mutated into cartoonish behavior. I don't understand the methodology at all. What is being accomplished, except to be contrarian for the hell of it? The victim thing is a nice little added bonus for the stew of confusion.

KG4CGC
08-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Today's news is that they found 2 used condoms.

Police are INVESTIGATING and ANALYZING those.

http://santee.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/hannah-anderson-ammo-arson-wire-used-condoms-seized-at-suspected-killers-home

That's what Rush said today implying a consensual sexual affair between the grown man and the 14 year old girl.
Real right wing fodder there. Waiting to see who else is spinning this story up in this direction. Drudge?

n2ize
08-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Oh, please.

Don't start sipping the "I'm being run off" whine.

No. I am not playing the "victim card". I am simply saying that if I am not trying to be contrarian and if I am not trolling but yet people who read my posts are still convinced that I am trolling then something is wrong. Either the problem lies within the persons reading what I say or else there is something wrong with me, such as poor commnunication skills, etc. In any even if it is not working so I am wasting my time and that of others as well. I can;t see the point in continuing if it's not working.

I run into the same problems with some of my environmentalist friends. I am pro conservation and pro environment. But the second I tell them that I am not vehemently opposed to nuclear energy or that I am not entirely opposed to drilling and fracking or I tell them that I am not anti-GMO, or that I am at odds with Greenpeace, they accuse me of being an anti-environment hard core card carrying member of the GOP. Even if I give valid reasons for why I take such a stance of those issues I still get accused of being a hard core republican. Apparently to please them I must be anti-nuke, anti-GMO, pro-Greenpeace across the board else I am the enemy.

I don't know if that is the problem here or not. I support drug legalization yet I am pro-capital punishment when it comes to ruthless murderers. Am I supposed to be anti-capital punishment if I am pro-drug legalization ?: I believe that we should reduce our dependency on fossil fuels, I support renewable energy, yet I am pro-nuclear. Is that what makes me a troll ? Is it because I don't adhere to one single philosophy across the board and I weigh each situation separately and I see both good and bad on both teams ?

Like I said, I really don't know but obviously it's not working and obviously I am wasting my time and that of others. It is probably best if I avoid opinion based issues and instead focus on black & white, yes or no, correct or incorrect type discussions.Either that or else I have to become "all liberal" or "all conservative"... all good or all bad.Shades of grey just don't cut it. If I am opposed to locking people up for petty drug "crimes" than I must also be 100% anti-death penalty for murderers. Sorry, but that just isn't the way I think, it's not me, and if I were to play that role than I would be a phony and I would be lying to everyone here including myself.

Most of the time your "opinion" is dropped in late in the game with something completely ridiculous or outlandish (send the perp to the gallows!)

Perfect example. I am honestly in full support of the death penalty for those who murder. I understand that is not popular with everybody, but it is how I feel. I feel that those who murder to fulfill some self serving agenda are selfish, cruel, dangerous, and should get the same punishment they dealt out to others. That is my honest opinion. If that makes me a teabagger then so be it.

Another example, there is a person who uses this forum with whom I disagree on most issues. But when it comes to the gun control issue (and a few other issues) we are in close agreement. All in all we get along pretty well despite the fact that our politics is quite different.

wa6mhz
08-16-2013, 02:32 PM
We have all been discussing this at work, and the consensus is:
LOLITA!

n2ize
08-16-2013, 03:00 PM
From the story, at the end of the first section:Well, you asked...

Okay, thanks. I legitimately missed that when I read it. Oh well, one less murderer to worry about.

kb2vxa
08-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Well, make of this what you will. :stirpot:

KC2UGV
08-16-2013, 06:14 PM
I am only speaking for myself here. You and another station here seem to relish in being contrary and "different" just for the hell of it.

I sometimes do that (Be contrary, just to spark up conversation and debate). I think it pisses Luke off :rofl:

WX7P
08-16-2013, 07:40 PM
I sometimes do that (Be contrary, just to spark up conversation and debate). I think it pisses Luke off :rofl:

Wasn't talking about you.

NA4BH
08-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Wooosh

K7SGJ
08-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Wooosh

Lowes has a sale on extension ladders.

NA4BH
08-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Lowes has a sale on extension ladders.

Ladders only make you feel rung out.

K7SGJ
08-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Ladders only make you feel rung out.

And stepped on.

W3WN
08-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Okay, thanks. I legitimately missed that when I read it. Oh well, one less murderer to worry about.It happens. No problemo.

Heck, I missed it the first time I read the story, although I already knew what had happened from radio news reports.

Strange story. Sad, bad ending. And while I don't know enough to play the Lolita card... I don't think the whole story has been properly reported yet. But keep an eye on that girl and what happens (especially to her) next.

KG4CGC
08-17-2013, 10:17 AM
It happens. No problemo.

Heck, I missed it the first time I read the story, although I already knew what had happened from radio news reports.

Strange story. Sad, bad ending. And while I don't know enough to play the Lolita card... I don't think the whole story has been properly reported yet. But keep an eye on that girl and what happens (especially to her) next.

I agree. I also agree that it's too soon to throw down the Lolita Card. There is still an ongoing investigation but simple minds salivate over salacious stuff that involves underage girls. Not picking on anyone here. It is a general statement because in my opinion, today's Right™ is all about using women and indoctrinating them as soon as possible to accept the role of broodmare and to accept old men as sexual partners while they are still extremely young.

I guess what I am saying is to add pedophilia to the list of things hardcore righwingers are espousing. Things that include racism, homophobia and misogyny.

kb2vxa
08-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Don't stand, don't stand so, don't stand so close to me. :stirpot: :evil:

WX7P
08-21-2013, 05:45 AM
AH!

The plot thickens:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/us/hannah-anderson-james-dimaggio-case/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

James DiMaggio's family is requesting DNA samples from the family of Hannah Anderson, the 16-year-old girl he's accused of kidnapping and whose mother and brother were found dead in his burned home.The reason? They want to know if he was Hannah and 8-year-old Ethan's biological father, a family spokesman said.

"We are going to be requesting from the Anderson family that we try to get DNA samples from Hannah. And if they have anything left from Ethan, that we get a DNA sample," family spokesman Andrew Spanswick told CNN affiliate KGTV (http://www.10news.com/news/james-dimaggios-family-wants-paternity-tests-believes-he-is-father-of-hannah-and-ethan-anderson). "There has been a lot of rumors that Jim might be the father of either or both children."

K4WGE
08-22-2013, 12:37 AM
The plot sickens.

KG4CGC
08-22-2013, 12:52 AM
EWWW! He was doing his own daughter?

wa6mhz
08-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Sure will make a great TV movie! Just made for the LIFETIME network!

Other movies on Lifetime:
"SHE'S TOO YOUNG!"
Marcia Gay Harden finds out here 14 year old daughter is having Random frequent Sex!

"MOTHER MAY I SLEEP WITH DANGER"
Tori Spelling has a boyfriend who is a Serial Killer

kb2vxa
08-23-2013, 12:04 AM
And you thought it was just a cartoon in Hustler Magazine?

n2ize
08-23-2013, 03:12 AM
And you thought it was just a cartoon in Hustler Magazine?

I guess he died from natural causes ? Or did they string the bastard up like he deserved ?

kb2vxa
08-24-2013, 12:40 AM
In 1984, Tinsley was accused of molesting his 13-year-old daughter, Allison, over a period of five years. He was convicted and served 23 months of a six-year prison sentence before his conviction was overturned on the grounds that it violated the First Amendment because it was based, in part, on his comic strip. During his incarceration, he continued dispatching new strips to Hustler from his cell to be edited by Edward Kuhnel. According to Most Outrageous: The Trials and Trespasses of Dwaine Tinsley and Chester the Molester by Bob Levin (Fantagraphics Books, 2008) he died of a massive heart attack at the Levin home, my guess somewhere near his home in Bay City, Michigan.

Don't be quick to condemn the man, the molestation charge was brought by his then 18 year old daughter (13 when she was allegedly raped) who was by then a coke head pissed off because he threw her out of the house. The story of her and her boyfriend is a bit complicated and too much to put here, your best bet (if you really give a shit) is to do a bit of on line homework like I did. He was no sweet innocent either, he had a criminal past from way back even before he met Larry Flynt.

The collection of sickos grows and grows, as an aside another short story. When I was a TV tech I had several sets running on the bench under observation while I was fixing one, then something caught my attention. There on The 700 Club was Pat Robinson interviewing Larry Flynt and things got weird as expected. Flynt claimed Jesus appeared to him aboard his Lear jet and told him pornography is OK. To my amazement (or maybe not) Robertson launched into one of his praise the lord displays, squinted his eyes (a famous pose) and prayed for Flynt's greater success. Does God love porn? Take a look at those naked statues and paintings and wonder, I won't venture a guess.