PDA

View Full Version : Looking for spares from a junk 148GTL-DX PB010

mw0uzo
08-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Can anyone help?

I need a channel switch/display board module and a small mic gain knob from a Cobra 148GTL-DX, main board PB010.

Quite happy to pay for them and postage :)
Does anyone have a junk radio kicking around that can donate?

N8YX
08-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Is that channel switch a standard Uniden 40CH BCD variant, and can you get a part number (if possible) from the original? Same with LEDs? Or do you need the entire board?

I have a pretty big junk box full of parts of that era and might be able to supply discretes.

mw0uzo
08-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Is that channel switch a standard Uniden 40CH BCD variant, and can you get a part number (if possible) from the original? Same with LEDs? Or do you need the entire board?

I have a pretty big junk box full of parts of that era and might be able to supply discretes.

I believe it is, i think the typical midblock encoding is built into it with the channel skips. The switch is marked

PULSER
SR-209

I think the LED display is common cathode.. will have to check that one.

Thanks for having a look! :D

mw0uzo
08-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Search over, I was able to strip the switch down and repair it. Thanks Fred.

mw0uzo
08-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Interesting note: A hot air solder station is great for removing the metal back panel without breaking any of the melted plastic that holds the switch together. The panel fits back on relatively easily and can be refixed by melting the plastic posts and squashing with a screwdriver.