PDA

View Full Version : Totally Relaxed

n2ize
08-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Right now I am totally relaxed. Totally at peace with myself and my surroundings. It's amazing how much clearer the mind works when you are completely relaxed. The difficult becomes easy and planning the future and interacting with others becomes a breeze. Being totally relaxed is an indication as to how stress, anxiety, tension, anger, etc. clouds the mind and reduces abilities. Yet the world in which we live tends to promote stress as opposed to relaxation. Perhaps that is how they want it. I don't know. Even the mass media seems to rely on stress and emotion as opposed to relaxation. You get the impression that stress and anxiety is considered a virtue. It's not. On the contrary stress is a poison that vlods the mind and breeds dysfunction.

NQ6U
08-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Just to mess up your state of mind:

Fuck you , John.

n2ize
08-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Just to mess up your state of mind:

Fuck you , John.

Doesn't bother me in the least. In fact it even made me laugh and feel even more relaxed.

Incidentally, I remember one Christmas Eve an uncle of mine telling me about how "completely relaxed" he is when he goes to play golf. He said that when he gets on the golf course he is "totally relaxed", free from the cares, worries, and anxieties of day to day living and nothing bothers him.. About 15 or 20 minutes later on in the conversation he described about three incidents were he had arguments and fights with other golfers. One had to do with a golfer moving a ball that he hit. Another had to do with a guy that hit a golf ball that nearly hit him. Last one had to do with a bunch of golfers who accidentally interfered with his putting. I remember him saying "I told the guy I'll wrap this golf club around your neck".... Totally relaxed dear Uncle ?. If that's what he calls "totally relaxed" I'd hate to see him in a good mood... and I wouldn't want to be anywhere within 100 miles of him if he was angry. :lol:

WØTKX
08-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Yea.

What's your anti-anxiety med?

Gimme some. :neener:

N7YA
08-14-2013, 04:39 PM
John, nuclear power is a terrible idea! We shouldnt use it for anything.

:snicker:

NA4BH
08-14-2013, 04:41 PM
John, nuclear power is a terrible idea! We shouldnt use it for anything.

:snicker:

I concur.

NQ6U
08-14-2013, 04:46 PM
I concur.

Only minions of Satan like nuclear power.

W3WN
08-14-2013, 09:09 PM
John will be totally relaxed and at ease...

Until there's a knock on the door. (If he's lucky and the narcs don't just break it down first)

suddenseer
08-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Must be high grade MM.

K7SGJ
08-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Must be high grade MM.

It won't melt in your hand.

WØTKX
08-14-2013, 09:22 PM
He still won't tell us (me) what his prescription is. Bastid.

K7SGJ
08-14-2013, 09:25 PM
He still won't tell us (me) what his prescription is. Bastid.

Me either, but after reading the e-cig thread, I have a good idea what the delivery method is.

n2ize
08-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Just good news and good accomplishments over the last couple days. When things work out it's amazing how relaxed you feel.

K7SGJ
08-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Just good news and good accomplishments over the last couple days. When things work out it's amazing how relaxed you feel.

If that is the secret to it, it's no wonder I'm a nervous fucking wreck.

n2ize
08-14-2013, 10:10 PM
If that is the secret to it, it's no wonder I'm a nervous fucking wreck.

Well, good things happening can help a lot. Especially after some of the horrible things that happened in my family earlier this summer.

K9CCH
08-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Being totally relaxed is an indication as to how stress, anxiety, tension, anger, etc. clouds the mind and reduces abilities.

Being totally relaxed is also an indication of how many foreign chemicals you have ingested before posting.... :stickpoke:

ETA: I guess that post really isn't funny anymore when three people posted it before me. I should read the entire thread sometimes...

WØTKX
08-14-2013, 10:25 PM
I can tell you I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. Work related, as in no respect for those who do the work.

Management is playing games again, and the answer is "who moved the cheese".

:lame:

n2ize
08-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Being totally relaxed is also an indication of how many foreign chemicals you have ingested before posting.... :stickpoke:

That is not always true. You'd be surprised at how much one can feel relaxed and at peace with ones self when things go right and you have a sense of accomplishment and that things are going well. Chemicals are only temporary and, sometimes necessary when stress becomes overwhelming or debilitating. But at the same time,just having a good day, or a good couple of days where positive things happen can bring more relief and relaxation than any medicine/ chemical/ drug / etc. can. It too may be only temporary and may only last a few hours, or days, but when things go well it is truly amazing how much relaxation and good vibes it can bring.

WX7P
08-14-2013, 10:49 PM
I can tell you I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. Work related, as in no respect for those who do the work.

EEEWWW. They made us read that book at the really big insurance company

KG4CGC
08-15-2013, 02:26 AM
Oft best to reread here. (https://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php/26302-Totally-Relaxed#top)

n2ize
08-15-2013, 03:13 AM
I think it's a great book that all employees should be forced to read. That way when the bosses fire you or send your job overseas or tell you to train your replacement from India and then get out you'll do it with a smile and a cheerful grin and look at the whole job loss thing as a great moment in your life. :)

n2ize
08-15-2013, 03:16 AM

Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I totally despise employers who pull that self righteous crap. As if we are supposed to love it when they give us a kick in the ass. And if we get upset or lose motivation it's never because management has a crap attitude or that the company sucks moose. It's always the employee who should just read a few fables and change his motivation and be grateful for the ass kick.. It's really nothin but bullsheet.

On a side note, for me natural relaxation doesn't come easy. And it's usually short lived. Eventually my chronic anxiety kicks back in and ruins it for me or, some stress or negative anticipation or worry comes along. So when I do feel a day, an hour, or even a few minutes of natural contentedness and natural relaxation it is a great moment for me. I've been a chronic worrywart / nervous wreck since I was a kid.

KC2UGV
08-15-2013, 06:10 AM

That sucks man... Are they even handing out the books to everyone?

KG4NEL
08-15-2013, 12:28 PM

How's that ten-year time warp feel? Invest in Google :D

KG4NEL
08-15-2013, 12:29 PM
I'd respond by bringing in Das Kapital as supplementary material...

kb2vxa
08-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Bring in The Anarchist Cookbook and leave it open to the chapter on IEDs.

WØTKX
08-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Naaa, this is better...

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2007/09/13/258794/ASSHOLERULEweb.jpg

Bubba
08-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Put down the bong.. You are exceeding your daily limit.

KG4CGC
08-17-2013, 10:44 AM
I think it's a great book that all employees should be forced to read. That way when the bosses fire you or send your job overseas or tell you to train your replacement from India and then get out you'll do it with a smile and a cheerful grin and look at the whole job loss thing as a great moment in your life. :)

Well, you DO work for Satan.

KG4CGC
08-17-2013, 10:45 AM

Think, ''horse.''

n2ize
08-17-2013, 12:06 PM

No, none of that stuff here. If anything it gives me severe anxiety. In my case it was due to use of excessive endorphines I exceeded my daily limit of endorphine. Powerful stuff and its free. As a person who's been a nervous anxious wreck most of his life (and still is) I can really appreciate those few rare moments that happen when I feel just naturally relaxed and contented. Unfortunately they seldom last long.

Bubba
08-17-2013, 05:10 PM
No, none of that stuff here. If anything it gives me severe anxiety. In my case it was due to use of excessive endorphines I exceeded my daily limit of endorphine. Powerful stuff and its free. As a person who's been a nervous anxious wreck most of his life (and still is) I can really appreciate those few rare moments that happen when I feel just naturally relaxed and contented. Unfortunately they seldom last long.

Are you a Buddhist ? If not you should be.

N2CHX
08-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Yea.

Sure you wanna go there?

I value music and meditation above all, to calm my high-strung self. Yes, I am VERY high-strung (surprise!) and people often laugh at me because I usually listen to more relaxing types of music. This last six weeks I spent a lot of my free time reading books, making music and listening to music. I spent very little time on the internet and quite frankly I think my life is much better for it.

K7SGJ
08-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Sure you wanna go there?

I value music and meditation above all, to calm my high-strung self. Yes, I am VERY high-strung (surprise!) and people often laugh at me because I usually listen to more relaxing types of music. This last six weeks I spent a lot of my free time reading books, making music and listening to music. I spent very little time on the internet and quite frankly I think my life is much better for it.

Ours isn't.

wa6mhz
08-17-2013, 06:14 PM
I used to be relaxed..... Back when I had some good WEED!
OH! Those were the DAYS!

N2CHX
08-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Ours isn't.

Awww, you are too kind. I really did miss most of you. I can't lie.

n2ize
08-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Yea.

Anxiety disorder is no fun. Ever spend an entire night struggling to calm down and relax but you can;t and you constantly feel something bad is going to happen to you ? Ever suddenly feel faint with your hands and limbs visibly shaking to the point where people start asking, 'are you okay... do you want to go to the hospital ?". Or go into a state of hyperventilation and feel tingling and dizziness ? Or be unable to concentrate, to be productive, or even functional at all ? I have to take prescribed medication as treatment. One medication is an antidepressant. (serotonin reuptake inhibitor) The other is a mild tranquilizer to help prevent or manage acute attacks and edginess. . Neither produce any euphoria or super relaxed state or "feel good" sensations. All they do is enable me to feel normal and to be able to function where as without them I would feel extremely anxious and be unable to function. Even sometimes with the meds I still feel a bit anxious at times. But I am grateful that they help me to keep my anxiety under control. Better treated than untreated. I wouldn't wish anxiety disorder on anyone. With or without medication it is no picnic. And my case is not a worst case scenario. Some people get it far worst. That's why I cherish the far and few between moments when I feel naturally relaxed and at peace with myself.

n2ize
08-17-2013, 10:16 PM
P.S. Playing music is one activity that does help me to relax.

NA4BH
08-17-2013, 10:17 PM
P.S. Playing music is one activity that does help me to relax.

AMEN to that.......... I have my songs that erase any stress.

n2ize
08-17-2013, 10:21 PM
AMEN to that.......... I have my songs that erase any stress.

For me it is the act of actually doing the playing as it forces me to concentrate. So dealing with anxiety disorder is a multi pronged approach. part of it involved medical treatment, antianxiety meds, etc. and another part of it is trying to do things that you find relaxing. The combined effect is that I feel more normal than i I did during all the years I left it untreated.

Bubba
08-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Are you feeling good now John ?

kb2vxa
08-18-2013, 05:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x5Ap317Kg4

N2NH
08-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Here's something I tell people to meditate on. Inspiration on your screen while you OMMM the day away. Stare into the deep blue something...

OOOOmmmmmmmmm

http://i40.tinypic.com/6qi07m.jpg

N2NH
08-18-2013, 07:08 PM
delete dupe

kb2vxa
08-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Why are you guys doing it backward? Meditation doesn't involve meditating ON something, you're supposed to relax and clear your mind. That means no deliberate thought, no focus, a RELAXED mind just wanders aimlessly and in a relaxed state inspiration flows. Mental relaxation when complete can bring on a paranormal experience, I don't mean seeing ghosts but perception beyond anything normal, completely illogical defying any scientific explanation. I know, it happened to me and having enjoyed a few hallucinations <wink> I know the difference. Now get to work and fix that hole where the rain gets in and stops your mind from wandering... where it will go.