PDA

View Full Version : Awwww yyyeeeaaahhhh!

K9CCH
08-12-2013, 03:20 PM
It's hurr! It's hurr!

NQ6U
08-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Piece of junk. Send it here and I'll charge only fifty dollars to take it off your hands.

N2NH
08-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Congrats. If you need some links on APRS operating PM me.

K9CCH
08-12-2013, 03:57 PM
$450, lightly used and I do mean lightly, never mobile, and its been packed away for the last 6 months. Previous owner moved into a condo and couldn't use it as it set off the fire alarms in all 50 units! It was still in the original plastic and twist ties!

Hooked it up to the Jeep briefly to make sure it powered up and it does. No mobile antenna so couldn't check Tx or Rx, but I trust him. He sent it to me and trusted that I'll send him payment when it got here. We're both law enforcement...

OH FRRREEEDDD!

wa6mhz
08-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Oh!!! What a LIFE!!!!

wish I had one HALF that new!

K9CCH
08-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Oh!!! What a LIFE!!!!

wish I had one HALF that new!

I sold a WWII camera lens to buy it! LOL

My hobbies have to support themselves. I don't have anything else to sell, so it will be a while before I get an HF transceiver.

KJ3N
08-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Awwww yyyeeeaaahhhh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU0Ypufo6BM

wa6mhz
08-12-2013, 05:59 PM
That would be the radio I would get if I ever dumped the Icom 2720H

suddenseer
08-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Your enthusiasm is awesome. It has inspired me. Thank you!

K7SGJ
08-12-2013, 07:14 PM
It's hurr! It's hurr!

You gonna hook that puppy up to the J-pole?

K9CCH
08-12-2013, 07:33 PM
You gonna hook that puppy up to the J-pole?

Soon as I get a power supply in the house!

K7SGJ
08-12-2013, 07:35 PM

Can you get the car into the living room?

K9CCH
08-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Can you get the car into the living room?

Im sure I could! Might dent the Jeep though...

K7SGJ
08-12-2013, 07:39 PM

No no no. Don't do that. If it's a Jeep, and we all know how good the 4WD is on them, can you take out the picture window in the front and get in that way?

W7XF
08-13-2013, 12:18 AM

Hamsters and used alternators are generally cheap...:snicker:

W7XF
08-13-2013, 05:19 PM
$450, lightly used and I do mean lightly, never mobile, and its been packed away for the last 6 months. Previous owner moved into a condo and couldn't use it as it set off the fire alarms in all 50 units HOA gestapo's RF sensors! It was still in the original plastic and twist ties!!

FIXED!

Nice rig, Chris. Now get that dual band antenna and get on the air!

kb2vxa
08-13-2013, 06:27 PM
After he just went through all that putting up a 2M J-pole??? NOT SO FAST, it'll work after a fashion on its 3rd harmonic so he may or may not need a 70cM antenna.

KA9MOT
08-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Piece of junk. Send it here and I'll charge only fifty dollars to take it off your hands.

I am a huge proponent of recycling..... He can send it to me to recycle. My recycling center operates free of charge. Hell, I'll even pay the shipping charges! :rofl:

Congratulations Chris!

KA9MOT
08-14-2013, 01:11 PM

It's not a real Jeep until it has body damage! Rocks and trees are the preferred method of damage!

KA9MOT
08-14-2013, 01:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU0Ypufo6BM

Awesome video. It demonstrates the how sound/visual relationship can make music a better experience.

WØTKX
08-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Yello is an amazing band. Really, a couple of guys that hire studio talent. From Germany.

Have a bunch of their albums, and ski to a lot of their tunes. Dig the variable cap in the beginning...

http://youtu.be/PJFShE1VfEc

http://youtu.be/PJFShE1VfEc

WØTKX
08-14-2013, 05:40 PM
And what the HELL, we're celebrating a new General.. More Party Music...

http://youtu.be/ey7tGRFLpPE

http://youtu.be/ey7tGRFLpPE

K9CCH
08-14-2013, 06:02 PM
It's not a real Jeep until it has body damage! Rocks and trees are the preferred method of damage!

Uh. Negative Ghostrider.

No trees or rocks for my Agnes. Just beaches and sand.

NA4BH
08-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Uh. Negative Ghostrider.

Does that make you a Sun of the Beach? :whistle:

K9CCH
08-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Does that make you a Sun of the Beach? :whistle:

<insert "witty-comeback-that-I-can't-exactly-think-of-right-now", here>

K7SGJ
08-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Uh. Negative Ghostrider.

Bring that bad boy out here, and I'll fix you up with some custom Arizona pin-striping.

K9CCH
08-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Bring that bad boy out here, and I'll fix you up with some custom Arizona pin-striping.

Thanks but no thanks. I enjoy her solid black scratchless body as it is.... LOL

K7SGJ
08-14-2013, 09:47 PM
I think most vehicles get scratched just crossing the AZ border.

K9CCH
08-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Y'all wanna know what the definition of irony is??

WØTKX
08-14-2013, 10:28 PM
This is one of many...

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgxMg0Ru4kBYyZcxQaX08i8qymsrOvs-NJivW7yOd2KTg0-PD_Bw

K9CCH
08-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Waiting for nearly three months for a radio, and then being faced with the possibility of having to sell it before you even get to use it!!!! (along with cameras and photo gear!!)

K7SGJ
08-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Oh oh, wtf happened?

K9CCH
08-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Oh oh, wtf happened?

We got pre-approved to buy a house today so I'm going to have to scrape up every single penny we can to add to our life savings that's already in existence!!!

We never thought we'd be approved again because we lost our first to foreclosure in 2006!

WX7P
08-14-2013, 11:22 PM
We got pre-approved to buy a house today so I'm going to have to scrape up every single penny we can to add to our life savings that's already in existence!!!

We never thought we'd be approved again because we lost our first to foreclosure in 2006!

Pre-approval doesn't mean anything any more. I'd hold off on dumping assets until the loan actually comes through.

With the loan on this house, the mortgage company initially "pre-approved" with disclosed knowledge at the time of the application, they used later to try to decline the loan.

It was "policy" that they KNEW about at the beginning, but waited until the bitter end to use because the rates started ramping up and we had locked at a really low rate. We got the loan through other methods which will screw them in the final analysis, which I won't go into here.

Watch yourself.

K9CCH
08-14-2013, 11:59 PM
Pre-approval doesn't mean anything any more. I'd hold off on dumping assets until the loan actually comes through.

With the loan on this house, the mortgage company initially "pre-approved" with disclosed knowledge at the time of the application, they used later to try to decline the loan.

It was "policy" that they KNEW about at the beginning, but waited until the bitter end to use because the rates started ramping up and we had locked at a really low rate. We got the loan through other methods which will screw them in the final analysis, which I won't go into here.

Watch yourself.

Well because of our credit situation, they've already gone through everything with a fine tooth comb. I don't think they'd be wasting their time on our situation if they weren't going to approve it in the long run.

Obviously everything is subject to change, but they've already pulled everything and ran the numbers based on a price I've given them. We can go lower for sure, but going higher requires further scrutiny.

W7XF
08-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Chris, the guys are right. DON'T SELL OFF UNTIL YOU CLOSE!!! The mortgage bank will scrutinise your deposit/withdrawl records from your personal accounts. Any major purchase (emergencies usually excepted), and deposits OTHER THAN paychecks or tax refunds can get your pre-approval cancelled. Any other money deposited into your account will probably need a source of funds statement.

NQ6U
08-15-2013, 05:34 PM
deposits OTHER THAN paychecks or tax refunds can get your pre-approval cancelled. Any other money deposited into your account will probably need a source of funds statement.

So keep all that cash you're earning by cooking meth in a suitcase under your bed.

K7SGJ
08-15-2013, 09:14 PM
So keep all that cash you're earning by cooking meth in a suitcase under your bed.

How do you know he has a bed? Maybe he sleeps in a hammock, or a tree house, or in a 63 VW bus.

K9CCH
08-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Um... that's a '69 VW shaggin waggin....

K7SGJ
08-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I had a 68 and a 71. They were fun as hell to drive, but if you ever rear-ended someone. even at a slow speed, it could be quite devastating.

K9CCH
08-15-2013, 11:01 PM
My daddy couldn't even have thought about producing me in '69... LOL He would have been 8.

W7XF
08-15-2013, 11:11 PM
My daddy couldn't even have thought about producing me in '69... LOL He would have been 8.
Don't put anything past a Southerner!

NQ6U
08-16-2013, 12:25 AM

Get off my lawn, kid. Hell, I could almost say that to your father.

KG4CGC
08-16-2013, 01:41 AM

I was at Woodstock in 69.

WX7P
08-16-2013, 02:20 AM
Um... that's a '69 VW shaggin waggin....

That ain't no 69 VW, more like a 59.

K9CCH
08-16-2013, 02:44 AM

My dad was 8. My partner was about two months from being concieved. LOL

Bubba
08-16-2013, 03:18 AM
I was in utero in 69. lol... But I could still smell all the weeds.. I just couldn’t inhale..

NQ6U
08-16-2013, 09:57 AM

Everybody was at Woodstock in 69. I've personally met more people who were at Woodstock in 69 than could ever have fit on Yasgur's farm. Only one of them could actually prove she was there and that was my ex. Her picture was in the Life Magazine article about it.

K7SGJ
08-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Everybody was at Woodstock in 69. I've personally met more people who were at Woodstock in 69 than could ever have fit on Yasgur's farm. Only one of them could actually prove she was there and that was my ex. Her picture was in the Life Magazine article about it.

I was there running phone patches from the hippies in the field, back to their brokers on Wall Street.

KC2UGV
08-16-2013, 10:29 AM

I was at Woodstock too...

In 99.

W3WN
08-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Everybody was at Woodstock in 69. I've personally met more people who were at Woodstock in 69 than could ever have fit on Yasgur's farm. Only one of them could actually prove she was there and that was my ex. Her picture was in the Life Magazine article about it.I wasn't at Woodstock in '69. Wish now I had been.

PA5COR
08-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Woodstock was when i was 17.
Have it on video though, does that count? ;)

kb2vxa
08-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Not unless it's the HD Director's Cut on Blue Ray DVD with the stuff they didn't have time for in the original. (;->)

wa6mhz
08-16-2013, 05:03 PM
I remember all the excitement about WOODSTOCK too. I was also 17 and my parents would have had KITTENS if I had hitchiked all the way to New York to get in. Then, I wouldn't have had any money for tickets anyway. Would have like to have gone for all the WEED smoked there, but at the time, I was a STRAIGHT Ham Radio NERD doing 2M AM DXing and trying to romance a beautiful girl. I only heard how great it was AFTER the fact. Wasn't that crazy about music at that time either. Music was listenning to DX coming in!

("Straight" back then meant NOT a "HEAD", as in POTHEAD)

PA5COR
08-16-2013, 05:33 PM
KB2VXA

Not unless it's the HD Director's Cut on Blue Ray DVD with the stuff they didn't have time for in the original. (;->)

Damn, you are mean, that hurts an old hippie.....:sick::rock:

Even in that time weed was easy to get then.
Never felt the need to use it, don't even drink alcoholic beverages.

K7SGJ
08-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Woodstock. The sex orgy that broke out into a 24/7 concert.

KJ3N
08-16-2013, 06:07 PM

You so need to GTFOML! :rant:

WØTKX
08-16-2013, 06:08 PM
http://youtu.be/iTssF_NYusQ

http://youtu.be/iTssF_NYusQ

kb2vxa
08-17-2013, 08:13 PM
"Damn, you are mean, that hurts an old hippie....."
Sorry 'bout that Chief. Purely unintentional, just thinking of how boring most of the movie was and expecting the added music sets in the DVD. Then I was terribly disappointed, I was downloading it at the time and when it FINALLY came through (nearly 100gb) it had damaged files and the par 2 files supposed to fix them farked up too.

"Even in that time weed was easy to get then."
Weed flowed like water until Nixon came along, then things gradually went downhill until it became too expensive and too risky to bother with. Frankly I miss the days when cops just didn't give a crap.

"Never felt the need to use it, don't even drink alcoholic beverages."
I never felt the need either, just simple desire, unlike alcohol it's not addictive. I can take drink or leave it, really don't care but weed is cool, or was anyway.

The best part of the era was the music, not just acid rock but blues, soul, progressive rock/Jazz, underground and basically the whole ball of wax. Those were the days when friends and I built top end speaker systems (scientifically, not just slapped together) that peed all over commercial units, tube amps, vinyl records, top end everything mix and match units, each of us trying to out hi-fi the other. What buy? Scrounge and trade with a few peanuts to sweeten the pot, sound systems constantly upgrading. BTW, again I mention losing my record and tape library not to mention a lot of vintage sound gear to a flood BUT little by little I got it back and then some digitally. "And then some" means recordings I only heard on Alyson Steele's Night Bird show on WNEW-FM NY, stuff you never heard of but occasionally I stumble upon.

Welcome to another edition of Stereo On The Radio In Mono. I call tonight's program Nautilus, you can call me Captain Stereo, for I am about to take you on an expedition 20,000 leagues beneath your mind. Sit back, relax, smoke' em if ya got 'em and ride the music... if you dare. <evil laugh with echo>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec8BGEb7_iA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbMIOPr49Xc

suddenseer
08-18-2013, 04:57 PM
1969? I remember it being a typical year for a 4th grader like moi. Dad bought me a cool radio that had the short wave bands. I heard some AM hams yucking it up on 75M. I thought it was cool. I realized that someday, I could get on the air and talk about roller inductors, and enlarged prostates.

kb2vxa
08-19-2013, 12:55 PM
THIS brings back memories and tons of laughs!

"I heard some AM hams yucking it up on 75M."
3885 was the frequency, WA1HLR and the AM Gangstas were the 3 Stooges + a few.

"I thought it was cool."
They sure were, There was no generation gap in my house when they were on, the OM sat next to me listening and cracking up.

"I realized that someday, I could get on the air and talk about roller inductors, and enlarged prostates."
And now they complain how hard it is to fuel a Slimatron with an aging prostate.

Only one problem with your assessment of "band conditions" back then, it was the slopbucketeers they complained about talking about enlarged prostates. Now the shoe's on the other foot and it has bunions. Meanwhile Timtron aka WA1 Henry Yell AAARRR the mad scientist of the group developed a weapon of questionable legality but highly effective, the SBE or side band eliminator. Just scroll down a bit, you'll find it.
http://www.amfone.net/AMPX/109.html