PDA

View Full Version : Kinda interesting to see how our planet breathes...

KC2UGV
08-09-2013, 09:02 AM
http://www.npr.org/2013/08/08/210243967/swinging-co2-levels-show-the-earth-is-breathing-more-deeply?utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=20130809

It really does, too, on an annual scale. 1 breath per year, and no gods required:)

kb2vxa
08-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Yes, Earth breathes but farts are plainly noticeable either by sound or smell. Crepitus is the Roman god of farts, other cultures gave him different names but as it was said in another thread, lightning is an act of God. The flash is him lighting one, thunder is the sound it makes. Voltaire gave this account, translated into English:

"I once was honoured. Libations were made to me. I was a God! The Athenian once hailed me as a favourable omen, while the pious Roman cursed me with raised fists, and the pontiff of Egypt, abstinent from beans, trembled at my voice and paled at my odour. . .
When the army vinegar ran down unshaven beards, when men helped themselves to acorns, peas, and raw onions, and cooked chopped up goat meat in shepherds' rank butter — never mind your neighbour — no one was embarrassed by me. Solid foods made for sound digestions. In the sun of the countryside, men took their ease at their leisure. . .
I had my glory days. Jolly Aristophanes placed me on the stage, and the emperor Claudius Drusus had me sitting at his table. I made the rounds majestically in the laticlaves of patricians! The golden vessels resounded under me like kettledrums — and when stuffed with lamprey, truffles, and pâtés, the intestine of the Master noisily emptied itself, an attentive universe learned that Caesar had dined!"

n2ize
08-10-2013, 12:17 AM
The planet breathes ? Sounds like more crap from the scientific community and their BS degrees. What would Ajax say to myths about global warming ...

kb2vxa
08-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Ajax? Ajax was the son of Telamon, king of Salamis. He was a great hero in the Trojan war, fighting for the Greeks.

K7SGJ
08-10-2013, 09:26 PM
What a bunch of bullshit.

Everyone knows that Ajax is the foaming cleanser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ZrazrBEd0

N2NH
08-11-2013, 01:45 PM
I Deep Breath per year?

Sounds like it is winded.

K7SGJ
08-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Maybe it's due to a punch to the solar plexus.

N2NH
08-11-2013, 03:37 PM
That'll leave a mark in the Tundra.

NQ6U
08-11-2013, 03:39 PM
That'll leave a mark in the Tundra.

Better than a kick in the antipodes, though.