PDA

View Full Version : KC's Pride

KU0DM
08-06-2013, 11:28 AM
The Royals are officially hot. They've been hot since the all-star break, and this is the first time in a decade we've been over .500 this late in the season. It may be $13.50 for a dog and a drink, but seeing the Royal's stomp another team (beat the Twins 13-0 last night) is worth stacks on stacks...

Alex Smith is also gonna lead the Chiefs to a title. :snicker:

WX7P
08-06-2013, 11:35 AM
The Royals are officially hot. They've been hot since the all-star break, and this is the first time in a decade we've been over .500 this late in the season. It may be $13.50 for a dog and a drink, but seeing the Royal's stomp another team (beat the Twins 13-0 last night) is worth stacks on stacks...

Alex Smith is also gonna lead the Chiefs to a title. :snicker:

Sure Alex will. If Andy Reid's passing game has any downfield passing you'll be in for a long season.

Alex is good for dinks and dunks, but is inaccurate outside of 20 yards. I know because I suffered through all those seasons when he was truly terrible. Of course, I'm biased. I wanted the Niners to draft Cal product Aaron Rodgers (local boy makes good) but they drafted Smith instead because of his supposedly stronger arm.

As for the Royals, good for them! Before the David Glass era, they used to be a real force to be reckoned with. George Brett, Bret Saberhagen, Amos Otis etc. etc.

My concern for them is whether or not Ervin Santana can keep up his streak of good pitching. It seems like he's pitching over his head a bit. If Wade Davis gets out of his funk, everyone watch out. The Royals could make the playoffs.

KU0DM
08-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Alex is good for dinks and dunks, but is inaccurate outside of 20 yards. I know because I suffered through all those seasons when he was truly terrible. Of course, I'm biased. I wanted the Niners to draft Cal product Aaron Rodgers (local boy makes good) but they drafted Smith instead because of his supposedly stronger arm.

From what I've been reading in the Star (local paper), they've been running a lot of pass plays in training camp. It makes sense, Dwayne Bowe and Dexter McCluster proved that even with the Chiefs they can be a big threat down field. Half of our running backs and two of our three fullbacks are rookies, Jamaal Charles will definitely get the ball a lot, but it'll be interesting to see if any of the new kids stand out. We need Priest Holmes back.

WX7P
08-06-2013, 12:01 PM
From what I've been reading in the Star (local paper), they've been running a lot of pass plays in training camp. It makes sense, Dwayne Bowe and Dexter McCluster proved that even with the Chiefs they can be a big threat down field. Half of our running backs and two of our three fullbacks are rookies, Jamaal Charles will definitely get the ball a lot, but it'll be interesting to see if any of the new kids stand out. We need Priest Holmes back.

We'll see what happens with Smith. DBowe is a class receiver and a great target. You guys also have some decent offensive lineman which helps a lot. Smith is not terribly mobile.

Priest Holmes? He's been retired for awhile.

KU0DM
08-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Priest Holmes? He's been retired for awhile.

Yep. He was a part of the Trent Green, Dante Hall, Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson era. Our offense was fun to watch back then.