PDA

View Full Version : Art Bell Returns To Radio - New Show On Sirius

W4GPL
07-30-2013, 08:24 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Art Bell, radio's master of the paranormal and outward edges of science, will return to the microphone on Sept. 16 with a new nighttime show on Sirius XM Radio.

Bell was one of radio's top syndicated voices in the 1990s before walking away from his nightly show in 2002 due to family issues. He worked occasionally after that but hasn't been on the air since Halloween 2010.

"I missed it terribly," said Bell, 68, whose weeknight show will air live from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. ET. Sirius is building a studio at Bell's rural Nevada home where he will work.

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_23757348/art-bell-returning-radio-sirius-show-about-paranormal

W4GPL
07-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Interesting. Surprised he didn't somehow wiggle himself into hosting C2C on the weekends full time or something..

WØTKX
07-30-2013, 09:01 PM
I said HEY to W6OBB on 20 meters two nights ago.

He mentioned getting back on, but was being sly.

:yes:

Bubba
07-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Interesting. Surprised he didn't somehow wiggle himself into hosting C2C on the weekends full time or something..

That would be the coolest avatar is you could get it to flip the page to the correct date everyday. Sorry, a bit off topic... Go on.

WØTKX
07-31-2013, 06:06 AM
But the perpetual dark humor of it not being the right day for fun and games would be missed.

K7SGJ
07-31-2013, 07:36 AM
But the perpetual dark humor of it not being the right day for fun and games would be missed.

Not by all of us...........

KG4CGC
07-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Any free satellite radio services? Not Amateur in nature.

NQ6U
07-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Any free satellite radio services? Not Amateur in nature.

None that I'm aware of. It costs a lot to put them birds up there.

W4GPL
07-31-2013, 04:12 PM
I have Sirius simply because it came with my car and the dealership "gave me" (read: financed in) 3 years of service..

I do enjoy it, but I'm not sure I'd pay for it. :dunno: We'll see in 2 years or so..

KG4CGC
07-31-2013, 05:00 PM
None that I'm aware of. It costs a lot to put them birds up there.

I'm sure it does but there is free TV over satellites if you erect a large enough dish and use the right receiving equipment.

N2NH
08-04-2013, 01:06 PM
They were running a re-run of his last night on a radio station webcast. Talk about being a huckster! The show was from 1995 and if you didn't know better, it could've been live. The more things change...

kb2vxa
08-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Try a rerun of THIS! (;->) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpALdxzFzA

N2NH
08-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Try a rerun of THIS! (;->) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpALdxzFzA

I see he finally upgraded from his Advance Class license to Extra. Not a bad farm. With that kind of cash, I'd be into EME and E-ET. ;)

WX7P
08-05-2013, 10:35 PM
I have Sirius simply because it came with my car and the dealership "gave me" (read: financed in) 3 years of service..

I do enjoy it, but I'm not sure I'd pay for it. :dunno: We'll see in 2 years or so..

I bought a lifetime subscription in 2008 when they were in trouble for $414.00. Got the internet radio as part of the deal. I absolutely love it.

Of course, I'm into listening to sports (A's and Forty-Niners) so this is perfect for me out here in the corn desert.

As for Art Bell:

"He'll be looked at as one of the veteran, old masters," Harrison said. "He's the real deal when it comes to marching to the beat of a different drummer."

Old masters? Like Aimee Semple McPherson or Father Coughlin?:lol:

I've never heard his show before. I'll listen if it's free. If it's a premium channel like that idiot Howard Stern, no sale.

W3WN
08-07-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm sure it does but there is free TV over satellites if you erect a large enough dish and use the right receiving equipment.There is. But it's not on the same band that the DBS birds are currently using. It's a lower frequency band, which requires larger dishes.

And before you ask, no, I don't know the details. I do know my next-door-neighbor has one of those dishes on his chimney.