koØm
07-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Would you byte?

http://www.groupon.com/deals/it-university-online-la

KC2UGV
07-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Would you byte?

http://www.groupon.com/deals/it-university-online-la

Well, you'll spend that much on books, at least, to study. So, irrespective of the class quality, it's a deal, I would think.

koØm
07-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Well, you'll spend that much on books, at least, to study. So, irrespective of the class quality, it's a deal, I would think.

Bit

K9CCH
07-29-2013, 07:09 PM
$99 for Complete Cisco Certification IT Network Training Bundle ($3,295 Value)

Seriously???? That's like spam flag #1 in my book.

WØTKX
07-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Maybe not. You gotta watch the groupon thing, but it's very tempting.

n2ize
07-30-2013, 09:49 PM
I don't know. These days the term, "IT" can mean a while lot of different things. What exactly are they offering and what do you plan to do with this newfound "knowlege" ? Also, some online schools are good, and some suck. Some are even scams that fail to deliver what they promise. Research the school and learn about their track record. It might be better to attend an online school that is a subsidiary of a well known acredited university, even if it costs more. Or, you might be better off taking the same course of study at a local community college. Many community colleges are offering a wide range of "IT" programs and "IT" related certification. Also how much do you already know. You might be better served to self study and then take the exams for certification. Thats what I did when I took an actuarial exam. Many outfits were offering study programs. I just used my present knowledge and background from college, got some copies of old exams and self studied my way through it.

n6hcm
07-31-2013, 04:49 AM
if the offer is as described then it's a deal. groupon doesn't usually feature shady merchants (although quite a few have been overwhelmed by demand).

K7SGJ
07-31-2013, 07:34 AM
if the offer is as described then it's a deal. groupon doesn't usually feature shady merchants (although quite a few have been overwhelmed by demand).

I'm waiting for the $29.95 special for the online commercial pilots license.

n6hcm
07-31-2013, 06:51 PM
you can only have that if you fly for asiana ...

K9CCH
07-31-2013, 07:11 PM

The phrase "too good to be true" comes to mind....

W7XF
07-31-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm waiting for the $29.95 special for the online commercial pilots license.

Al Qaida has those skools (Deliberately misspelled) swamped.