PDA

View Full Version : A whole new kind of crazy...

K9CCH
07-25-2013, 08:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYRcAKYYEG4

W4GPL
07-25-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw him at Field Day..

Bubba
07-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Not sure about that one. I think it was supposed to be some sort of white trash attention getter or something..

KC2UGV
07-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Same crazy, just new game. Seems to have started with Ever Crack.

WX7P
07-26-2013, 10:08 AM
This is obviously some kind of the parody thing making fun of the gamer crowd.

There's a whole bunch of other videos up there from the same guy with the same general theme.

This Frances guy reminds me of the rich kid on Pee Wee's Big Adventure, whose character coincidentally enough is named "Frances Buxton".

W2NAP
07-26-2013, 10:21 AM
i find it shocking people will waste money and life on those stupid facebook games.

seriously knowing a couple people who have been addicted to that stupid shit, they might as well of picked up a crack pipe and started smoking.

those games ruin people, one guy I know since he started that fucking mafia war shit he aint been right since.

wa6mhz
07-26-2013, 11:11 AM
here he is again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=075BYWFl66U&feature=player_embedded

WØTKX
07-26-2013, 01:48 PM
I used to hang out with a Ham buddy that got addicted to Halo. That is all. :sadwave:

wa6mhz
07-26-2013, 02:52 PM
$380 bill run up on GAMES???!!!!

That girl must be his sister. The guy is obviously a DEADBEAT who never worked a day in his life and just sits there playing games all day long.

She needs to THROW HIM OUT, but, since he is "family" she is probably forced to care for him the rest of her life!

WX7P
07-26-2013, 03:22 PM

That girl must be his sister. The guy is obviously a DEADBEAT who never worked a day in his life and just sits there playing games all day long.

She needs to THROW HIM OUT, but, since he is "family" she is probably forced to care for him the rest of her life!

Uh, I don't think it's real, Pat.

suddenseer
07-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Uh, I don't think it's real, Pat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGJlzUt-vHk

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 07:37 PM
This may not be real but many people spend a lot of real money on games. I know I have spent more on gaming in my life time than radio. It's possible that I have spent more collectively on gaming than I have every car I have ever owned. If you take things such as Play station, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, all of the games, and everything older into account. Top that off with online gaming over the years. Yep, easy to imagine.

60$ per game an 1 game per week for many years. When I hit the online gaming scene I spent about 300$ a month for about 6 years.

To each their own.

KC2UGV
07-26-2013, 07:43 PM

What's worse? A single $380 bill on a game, or tens of thousands on radios that sit unused?

NA4BH
07-26-2013, 07:46 PM
What's worse? A single $380 bill on a game, or tens of thousands on radios that sit unused?

$380 on a game. With the radios you can get your money back, plus some.

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 07:47 PM

It depends. I don't think either is a problem IF it can be afforded. The game being a waste and the radios going to waste are both matters of opinion.

...Note the if. Ofc it's problematic to spend that kind of money if it is a financial strain.

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 07:51 PM

That would depend on the game. Some online gaming accounts sell high. It is against the rules but people do it all of the time. The same rings true for radios depending on their age and shape. Some of the middle aged rigs wont fetch near what they were worth new. Particularly if in awful condition.

NA4BH
07-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Radios are an investment.

$380 to play a game is money up a wild
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/naturelibrary/images/ic/credit/640x395/w/wi/wild_boar/wild_boar_1.jpg

ASS

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Radios are an investment.

$380 to play a game is money up a wild
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/naturelibrary/images/ic/credit/640x395/w/wi/wild_boar/wild_boar_1.jpg

ASS

Again, I can't agree. Much like on radio, I have met many friends due to gaming. A gain I may have otherwise never made. Also, my wife and I met while gaming. Not only did I gain a wonderful wife but I gained the chance to live in another country and take in the local culture. Everything is what you make of it.

WX7P
07-26-2013, 08:01 PM
This may not be real but many people spend a lot of real money on games. I know I have spent more on gaming in my life time than radio. It's possible that I have spent more collectively on gaming than I have every car I have ever owned. If you take things such as Play station, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, all of the games, and everything older into account. Top that off with online gaming over the years. Yep, easy to imagine.

60$ per game an 1 game per week for many years. When I hit the online gaming scene I spent about 300$ a month for about 6 years.

To each their own.

Wow. That's interesting.

It must be a generational issue, but I never got the gaming thing.

I worked for Atari in 1980 when they were cranking out tons of the 2600 machine, so I had exposure to those as well as the stand up games like Asteroids. I preferred pinball.

I worked with a guy a few years ago who was really into gaming. That's all he did on his off time. It was THE issue in his divorce and was causing major problems with his teenage daughter who was basically neglected by all the gaming.

What is it, some kind of endorphin rush?

Forgive the dumb questions, but how does the pay thing work? Do you pay for the length of time playing? Do pay money if you lose? How do you spend so much money on this stuff?

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Wow. That's interesting.

I worked for Atari in 1980 when they were cranking out tons of the 2600 machine, so I had exposure to those as well as the stand up games like Asteroids. I preferred pinball.

I worked with a guy a few years ago who was really into gaming. That's all he did on his off time. It was THE issue in his divorce and was causing major problems with his teenage daughter who was basically neglected by all the gaming.

Forgive the dumb questions, but how does the pay thing work? Do you pay for the length of time playing? Do pay money if you lose? How do you spend so much money on this stuff?

It depends. Some games such as Xbox and Play station require games be bought via disk or paid download. Other games make you pay for different things. For example, some online role playing games make you pay a monthly fee. Normally 10-30$ per month. Other games are what they call free to play. Most people call them play to win. In such games you can pay for many things. Armor, weapons, healing, spells, guild/clans or storage, voice servers, custom characters, and much more. There are other games that are mode driven. If you take an extreme mode route you have to pay so that when your character dies it isn't erased. Many games do this for either a 1 kill basis, by hour, by day, or by month.

As for why people play, that differs. Many MMO players play for one of two reasons. To do things that they cant in real life and or flaunt it. Or for socialization. I liked to socialize. There are other reasons and the reasons grow per game. Some are mentally challenging. Etc.

Edit: I forgot content updates. Some games make you pay for them.

WX7P
07-26-2013, 08:25 PM
As for why people play, that differs. Many MMO players play for one of two reasons. To do things that they cant in real life and or flaunt it. Or for socialization. I liked to socialize. There are other reasons and the reasons grow per game. Some are mentally challenging. Etc.

Interesting. I assume there are websites (like this one) for gamers.

Is the video we've been talking about an over generalization, or are a lot of gamers like that? I only know the guy I used to work with and he was pretty weird. Having said that, it was just one person.

K7SGJ
07-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Wow. That's interesting.

That's pretty much my gaming claim to fame as well. I've always liked pinball since I was a little kid, and would sneak off to the bowling ally to play them. I probably have a wing at Ballys dedicated to me. And as far as later stuff goes, we had the 2600 for home, but my wife's and my stand up favorite has always been centipede. I want to build a cocktail gaming table around the MAME design for the living room one of these days.

WX7P
07-26-2013, 08:34 PM
That's pretty much my gaming claim to fame as well. I've always liked pinball since I was a little kid, and would sneak off to the bowling ally to play them. I probably have a wing at Ballys dedicated to me. And as far as later stuff goes, we had the 2600 for home, but my wife's and my stand up favorite has always been centipede. I want to build a cocktail gaming table around the MAME design for the living room one of these days.

I used to work on Atari cocktail machines Missile Command and Asteroids. We pumped out a bunch of those suckers in the Summer of 1980.

I liked Galaga, but mostly I did pinball. Lived for the snap of the free game.

K7SGJ
07-26-2013, 08:36 PM
I used to work on Atari cocktail machines Missile Command and Asteroids. We pumped out a bunch of those suckers in the Summer of 1980.

I liked Galaga, but mostly I did pinball. Lived for the snap of the free game.

Yep, and if you didn't quite make it on score, you were always praying for a match.

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Interesting. I assume there are websites (like this one) for gamers.

Is the video we've been talking about an over generalization, or are a lot of gamers like that? I only know the guy I used to work with and he was pretty weird. Having said that, it was just one person.

Well, I wouldn't call that a game but....that is another story, lol. Sure, there are many odd gamers. There are many normal and responsible gamers too. Some just have much more disposable income than others.

Honestly, I don't see a lot of difference between ham and gaming. There are stereotypes but many are normal and hardworking people who just like to spend their free time on a hobby they enjoy. Then again...my thinking their normal may not give them any credibility. :P

They I cant eat, sleep, etc until I unlock this, kill this guy, make my level type are like those that refuse to sleep if there is an all night contest.

As for websites like this one. Well, yes, I ran one for years. It too was more or less a misfit site too. However, sites of this size and type are normally for clans or guilds. Mainstream sites have massive active membership. However, I would compare the content worth to that of the zed. Which is why I like smaller sites that are not main stream.

Sites and even game servers differ widely even when they are the same game. Depending on if they are an open license, legacy, bootleg, mainstream, etc.

Bootleg games and sites have their appeal to the masses as well. However, they normally don't run for very long. Either their ISP shuts them down or they get mass DOS.

In reality it is like a world of its own. If one does not realize that it isn't reality it can and will cause problems.

WX7P
07-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Yep, and if you didn't quite make it on score, you were always praying for a match.

:clap:

I completely forgot about that!

I got pretty good at some of those games. There was one called Strike!, it was a bowling themed pinball machine that I could play for hours. I'd often leave with games left on the machine.

I think that's the reason I didn't like Space Invaders or any of the new video games. No chance for a free game.

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 08:47 PM

I got pretty good at some of those games. There was one called Strike!, it was a bowling themed pinball machine that I could play for hours. I'd often leave with games left on the machine.

I think that's the reason I didn't like Space Invaders or any of the new video games. No chance for a free game.

I haven't played pinball in years. I used to play while waiting for league at the bowling alley. They also used to have some sort of table bowling game. There was a metal disk and metal pins. You'd have to slide it to knock the pins over. For the life of me, I can't remember the name.

K7SGJ
07-26-2013, 08:49 PM

I never did get into "modern" gaming, although I've always liked Flight Simulator, but it's been ages since I've played that one, too.

One of the old pinball machines I played for hours was one of the baseball type. The joystick was shaped like a Louisville Slugger, and when the pinball was pitched to you, (you had buttons to press for fastball, curve, etc.) it either went down holes at 1st, 2nd, to the outfield and so on, or if you hit one of a couple of small ramps just right, it would go into the stands and be a homer. If you got a grand slam, the free game counter would go off like crazy. I always loved that rather "hollow" sound when it went off.

suddenseer
07-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Wow. That's interesting.

Forgive the dumb questions, but how does the pay thing work? Do you pay for the length of time playing? Do pay money if you lose? How do you spend so much money on this stuff?This. I am a pinball junkie. I was forced to sell my Bally Elton John machine several years ago. I never got into video games because it is a representation on a screen of an imaginary scenario (to me). Pinball is a real steel ball hitting real targets. The rush of a high score is probably shared with video gaming enthusiasts. No judgement of video gaming from me, it's all good.

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 09:14 PM
I don't game much these days. Rarely actually. I still have an obsession with Manga and Anime though. Particularly "Mecha" (robotic, normally giant robotic suits being controlled by humans). Though, I do like anything that involves vampires, dragons, magic, ninja, or samurai. On occasion knights are acceptable. This normally involves magic though. Romance is good too but often times the plot lacks. Besides, most anime involves romance as it is.

I tend to prefer off the wall non mainstream stuff but some semi mainstream stuff and a limited number of mainstream shows are good. However, loner series tend to be drab after the first few arch's. 12, 15, and 50 ep sets are the best. IMO Inuyasha was the best long anime.

PS: I cant be the only manga/anime fan around here.

K7SGJ
07-26-2013, 09:22 PM
I don't game much these days. Rarely actually. I still have an obsession with Manga and Anime though. Particularly "Mecha" (robotic, normally giant robotic suits being controlled by humans). Though, I do like anything that involves vampires, dragons, magic, ninja, or samurai. On occasion knights are acceptable. This normally involves magic though. Romance is good too but often times the plot lacks. Besides, most anime involves romance as it is.

I tend to prefer off the wall non mainstream stuff but some semi mainstream stuff and a limited number of mainstream shows are good. However, loner series tend to be drab after the first few arch's. 12, 15, and 50 ep sets are the best. IMO Inuyasha was the best long anime.

PS: I cant be the only manga/anime fan around here.

So.......if I were to write a game that was about ninja and samurai that used magic to slay vampire dragons, especially at knight, and included a little romance of some sort, you'd buy it?

Lemeesee here, where did I put my basic stamp programmer. :stickpoke:

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 09:24 PM
So.......if I were to write a game that was about ninja and samurai that used magic to slay vampire dragons, especially at knight, and included a little romance of some sort, you'd buy it?

Lemeesee here, where did I put my basic stamp programmer. :stickpoke:

Likely.

kb2vxa
07-26-2013, 09:25 PM
I never was much of a gamer except for the time I worked as the A/V tech for a "distributor" repairing juke box amps and monitors for video arcade games. In my off time which was most of the time I'd be out of the tech shop and on the floor "testing" uprights and pinballs. Once in a great while the general manager would wander by and ask how they were working, (he knew the score) and I said this one's ready to go, he said just don't test it too long and wander away. Great job when you can goof off all day and still get the job done with no complaints from the boss.

That reminds me he was a CBer and his handle was Camel Driver. He was Israeli, the Jews on this site get the joke, if you don't just ask one. (;->) Oh, just for funnies here's the marquee of one of my favorites.

K7SGJ
07-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Likely.

How much would you pay? I need to know how much effort to put into the project.

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 09:30 PM
How much would you pay? I need to know how much effort to put into the project.

Lol. That would depend on many factors. Graphics, length, system, story line, etc.

K7SGJ
07-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Lol. That would depend on many factors. Graphics, length, system, story line, etc.

Oh, you want all that stuff?

Hmmmmmmm..............................I can see this just isn't going to work out, sorry.

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Oh, you want all that stuff?

Hmmmmmmm..............................I can see this just isn't going to work out, sorry.

Lol.

WØTKX
07-26-2013, 09:47 PM
I liked the arcade stuff, and pinball too. Not so much the new games.
Worked on gaming projects for $$$, which I preferred to playing them.

Used to love pinball. Especially Eight Ball Deluxe. :yes:

http://youtu.be/j_VPd8-tmmU

NA4BH
07-26-2013, 09:50 PM
I liked the arcade stuff, and pinball too. Not so much the new games.
Worked on gaming projects for $$$, which I preferred to playing them.

Used to love pinball. Especially Eight Ball Deluxe. :yes:

"That's what we call the bank shot"......................

KC2UGV
07-26-2013, 10:44 PM

Not if you are just sitting on the radios, doing nothing with them. I can sell my Steam account right now for about $300.

It depends. I don't think either is a problem IF it can be afforded. The game being a waste and the radios going to waste are both matters of opinion.

...Note the if. Ofc it's problematic to spend that kind of money if it is a financial strain.

It's not a matter of opinion, if the poster said there are marital problems, and refuses to address the root cause (Filling a house with unused radios)...

NA4BH
07-26-2013, 10:48 PM
I've been sitting on stock for 10+ years, it's only paper. But the money is there.

KB3LAZ
07-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Not if you are just sitting on the radios, doing nothing with them. I can sell my Steam account right now for about $300.

It's not a matter of opinion, if the poster said there are marital problems, and refuses to address the root cause (Filling a house with unused radios)...

Yes, I know. In that particular case and I am sure others. But there are people who can afford such things and it doesnt cause problems. Just like anything else it has to be done realistically.

n2ize
08-04-2013, 10:51 PM
That guy needs to get to a doctor fast !! He is at very least going to need diabetes medication, blood pressure medication, and God knows what else in addition to a strict weight loss diet program.

Bubba
08-05-2013, 01:39 AM
I play pocket pool. Does that count as being a gamer ?