07-22-2013, 12:13 AM
On Discovery. Are you watching it?

I'm hooked!

WØTKX
07-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Survival without group rivalries and clothing. :sleep:

K9CCH
07-22-2013, 12:25 AM
I thought it was a stupid idea too, until my partner made me watch an episode. The guy was hot so I stuck around and watched it. And then I watched a rerun, and then another. Now I'm hooked!

WØTKX
07-22-2013, 12:27 AM
Internet pr0n is better.

I'd rather watch the Venture Bros. cartoons. ;)

K7SGJ
07-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Wait until you see how he catches large mouth bass, hands free.

WX7P
07-22-2013, 09:32 AM
I thought it was a stupid idea too, until my partner made me watch an episode. The guy was hot so I stuck around and watched it. And then I watched a rerun, and then another. Now I'm hooked!

TV is the instrument of the devil and a bigger time pig than the intertubes. Empty calories, baby.

I haven't watched a TV show consistently since "LA LAW" back in the 80's, although we do watch Jon Stewart on the net once in awhile. We don't have cable.

Since we're away from "home base", I can't watch the Niners games off air except when they play the Lambs or da Bears or if it's a nationally televised game. (Kaep rocks! Turlock...University of Nevada, Reno rules, sorry Adam...it doesn't get any better than that!)

I don't miss it at all. If I have a serious boredom jones and the bands are dead, I've got cheapie netflix and roku. One night when Sarah was at the Isotope Fun House working grave, I watched 6 episodes of "Law and Order, SVU" in a row. I wasn't even hopped up on goofballs! cha-ching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9u9kimBDTc

koØm
08-10-2013, 04:55 PM

Did you see the "Behind the Scenes / Tell All" show? It was pretty interesting being "In the heads" of the "Survivors"; you had people who almost hated each others guts having to depend on each other for 21 days.

There was more medical intervention that was not shown in the series, I think it would have been impossible for the ones who made it the whole 21 days to have done so without medical support for the cuts and bruising; too much chance for infection. The fellow "Puma", who drank the un-purified water had to be airlifted out to a hospital for a weeks stay. He says, a year later and he is still not 100%.

Watching all of the episodes gave me a healthy respect for those teams that completes the challenge; suddenly, it seems like a good idea to stockpile a punch of drinking water and Bic lighters.

NQ6U
08-10-2013, 04:58 PM
I watched 6 episodes of "Law and Order, SVU" in a row. I wasn't even hopped up on goofballs!

But...where's the fun in that?

KG4NEL
08-10-2013, 05:15 PM
I have a TV, but it isn't hooked up to anything.

W5BRM
08-10-2013, 05:25 PM
I have no TV in my truck. I get to watch a glimpse when I go thru a truckstop or whatnot. I agree with WU9G. TV has nothing of value anymore (if it ever did). I watch NCIS on DVD and thats about it. I have my laptop and a hard drive with some movies but nothing like TV crosses my path

koØm
08-10-2013, 05:49 PM
I have a TV, but it isn't hooked up to anything.

Doesn't have to be, my ISP streams their whole channel lineup into my smartphone, like the commercial says, "Any time, Anywhere."

K9CCH
08-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Watching all of the episodes gave me a healthy respect for those teams that completes the challenge; suddenly, it seems like a good idea to stockpile a punch of drinking water and Bic lighters.

Did you see the one in the Atchafalaya Basin!?

i bet there wasn't a Cajun one who volunteered for THAT show! We know better!!

KG4CGC
08-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Not to pee pee on your show. I've watched it a few times. IMHO, it is dog shit. Honestly, it reminded to much of many relity shows where it becomes more about the drama and less about the lesson. The only lesson, ONE, in the end, the hot heads had to learn to work together.

NA4BH
08-11-2013, 11:10 PM
What he said ^^^

Bubba
08-11-2013, 11:35 PM
On Discovery. Are you watching it?

I'm hooked!

Why am I not surprised Cajun Chris is hooked !! lol..

Not enough promiscuity for my taste..

K9CCH
08-12-2013, 08:50 AM
It's probably a lot better for me than it is for y'all! LOL The women always have a lot more blurriness.

N2NH
08-12-2013, 02:43 PM
I'd say something, but being hetero and a stupid little man, I'm not allowed. Let's just say that he's not my cup of tea.

koØm
08-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Not to pee pee on your show. I've watched it a few times. IMHO, it is dog shit. Honestly, it reminded to much of many relity shows where it becomes more about the drama and less about the lesson. The only lesson, ONE, in the end, the hot heads had to learn to work together.

I agree that it will not win an "Emmy" for best of kind, but, the concept is interesting. Spin it in this direction, what if, they dropped you off in the middle of Times Square in NYC or Avenue des Champs-Elysees in Paris with fifty bucks and, you have to survive for 21 days, how would you do it?

Compare "Naked and Afraid" to "The Amazing Race", one is a highly "produced" show with a huge budget and lots of planning and control versus, one where they drop a crew in a remote area and hope for the best. The weather was the biggest wild card and things like poisonous snakes and Alligators couldn't be scripted. The salaciousness of the title of the show was big draw but face it, if you are looking for naked people, you were disappointed.

That show was a study of human behavior under stress, male versus female roles in a survival situation; who whined the most, made the mistakes and, who had emotional meltdowns.

My PC with the TV tuner is setup to record all new episodes of Ax Men, The Deadliest Catch and, Ice Road Truckers. You ever watch "Alaska State Troopers", everybody has a gun and access to banned Alcohol; your backup is always 50 miles away.

W7XF
08-13-2013, 06:01 PM
<snip> Spin it in this direction, what if, they dropped you off in the middle of Times Square in NYC or Avenue des Champs-Elysees in Paris with fifty bucks and, you have to survive for 21 days, how would you do it? <snip>

NYC....impossible since Nanny Bloomy has banned damn near the entire menu at McDs... however in Paris...the dollar...oops euro menu should suffice.

KG4CGC
08-13-2013, 06:05 PM
I agree that it will not win an "Emmy" for best of kind, but, the concept is interesting. Spin it in this direction, what if, they dropped you off in the middle of Times Square in NYC or Avenue des Champs-Elysees in Paris with fifty bucks and, you have to survive for 21 days, how would you do it?

Compare "Naked and Afraid" to "The Amazing Race", one is a highly "produced" show with a huge budget and lots of planning and control versus, one where they drop a crew in a remote area and hope for the best. The weather was the biggest wild card and things like poisonous snakes and Alligators couldn't be scripted. The salaciousness of the title of the show was big draw but face it, if you are looking for naked people, you were disappointed.

That show was a study of human behavior under stress, male versus female roles in a survival situation; who whined the most, made the mistakes and, who had emotional meltdowns.

My PC with the TV tuner is setup to record all new episodes of Ax Men, The Deadliest Catch and, Ice Road Truckers. You ever watch "Alaska State Troopers", everybody has a gun and access to banned Alcohol; your backup is always 50 miles away.

Do you specifically mean me personally or was that a generic "you?"

koØm
08-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Do you specifically mean me personally or was that a generic "you?"

The generic everyday Joe dropped into a situation outside his normal realm of comfort and security.

KG4CGC
08-13-2013, 07:32 PM
The generic everyday Joe dropped into a situation outside his normal realm of comfort and security.

.OK. Because if you want to make it in NYC with 50 bucks, first thing you need to do is rob a dealer and ice his azz, GTA4 style.

K7SGJ
08-13-2013, 07:34 PM
From the N&A preview I saw, it looked like a flabby ass was a prerequisite, but then I never saw more than the one commercial for it.

suddenseer
08-13-2013, 08:15 PM
The internet has reintroduced me to tv. I now subscribe to 2 services, and have my credit card on file for a third one that has more shows than I can imagine, for a fee. I still spend about 1/4 of what a good cable, or satellite plan would charge. There are thousands of programs to choose from. I do remember when I was a kid there were 3 channels, and it seems more was on. :dunno:

K7SGJ
08-13-2013, 08:53 PM
The internet has reintroduced me to tv. I now subscribe to 2 services, and have my credit card on file for a third one that has more shows than I can imagine, for a fee. I still spend about 1/4 of what a good cable, or satellite plan would charge. There are thousands of programs to choose from. I do remember when I was a kid there were 3 channels, and it seems more was on. :dunno:

You lucky bastid, when I was a kid we only had one channel, and all they broadcasted was snow 24/7.

N2NH
08-13-2013, 08:57 PM
NYC....impossible since Nanny Bloomy has banned damn near the entire menu at McDs... however in Paris...the dollar...oops euro menu should suffice.

Be sure to get some of those 'Freedom Fries' while in the land of Freedom. ;)

KG4CGC
08-13-2013, 08:57 PM
That's because the average loaded cable or sat package includes 60 channels of QVC types plus all the channels that change over to infomercials at night. You can get alacarte with some providers but they'll deny that it's available until you argue with them for 45 minutes. We have that option but but if you ask for it they'll say that is only offered in certain markets or they don't do it anymore of they never did etc.

NQ6U
08-13-2013, 09:14 PM
You lucky bastid, when I was a kid we only had one channel, and all they broadcasted was snow 24/7.

Same here, and I had to walk through that snow barefoot, uphill both ways.

K7SGJ
08-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Same here, and I had to walk through that snow barefoot, uphill both ways.

Yeah, but I had to do all that in front of an FCC examiner.