PDA

View Full Version : Put Your $ Where Your Mouth Is

suddenseer
07-19-2013, 11:00 PM
As the unofficial Island Beg-a-thon moderator, I must step up and do my duty. The Island is not supported by advertising like other ham radio related sites. It is a good thing never having to worry about pissing off a sponsor anyway. The good things in life are really not free. The V-Bulletin, server costs, et.al. have a real price that must be paid. If everyone who calls this place home would chip in a small amount to keep the lights on, the shared cost would be really low. There is really never any heavy pressure from the site owner, and staff to donate. I like that. Let's keep the site up, and running for months to come. It is time to hit the 'donate' link. If you have not become a donor yet, please consider it. You will not get any special privileges. You will get a private 'thank you' message. Your donation, no matter how big, or small, will remain a private matter between you, and Jeff.

Sorry for the Ambien induced comma splicing.

Tim aka suddenseer aka N8TB

NA4BH
07-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Thank you Tim !!!

suddenseer
07-19-2013, 11:12 PM
Thank you Tim !!!YW, I do the easy stuff. :lol:

W4GPL
07-20-2013, 01:53 AM
You will get a private 'thank you' message.Thanks Tim. :)

As for the 'thank you' messages, I want everyone to know I really try to respond to everyone. A few months ago, I was very bad about it because I was just too ill.. I want everyone to know this was not an intentional act of disrespect. All donations are greatly appreciated! I did try to get back to most of you, but I know some got lost in the mix due to poor record keeping on my part during that period of time. Sorry to any of you I missed, and thanks again!

PA5COR
07-20-2013, 04:06 AM
Looking back i put in 80 bucks this year alone, if everyne matched that i'm sure we could go on for years.
I'll have a look and see what i can do next month.
;)

W4GPL
07-20-2013, 06:55 PM
It's true Cor, many of our contributors are have repeated their generosity. It'd be awesome to get some first time people in the mix. :)

ad4mg
07-21-2013, 05:48 AM
The donation process is painless, and based on my experiences, completely secure. You do not need to join PayPal. I haven't, I simply follow the process to make a one time donation.

I don't know the exact numbers, asked Jeff long ago to keep me out of that loop, but based on our conversations I would estimate he picks up at least 75% of the expenses here, and they can really pile up.

If everyone that reads this would kick in $20, it would make a huge difference. I personally enjoy not having to depend on advertisements and the like to fund the site. Usually, I'm in a position to throw a big donation in the kitty, but that isn't the case right now. I will, however, chip in a modest amount, and as usual, I will make my donation in the memory of one of our SK members.

We have some of the best technical discussions on the net here, without the blather of the know-it-alls found elsewhere. New hams can come here and seek advice without ridicule. That alone is worth keeping around!

Please take a minute and consider helping us keep the Island alive!

Thanks,
Luke

n6hcm
07-21-2013, 06:56 AM
just sent in $50 ... small backpay windfall means i can spend a bit more when i wouldn't ordinarily. (first raise in ... 3 years?)

ad4mg
07-21-2013, 07:15 AM
just sent in $50 ... small backpay windfall means i can spend a bit more when i wouldn't ordinarily. (first raise in ... 3 years?)

Congratulations on the raise! And, thanks for the donation, Henry!

suddenseer
07-21-2013, 07:31 AM
Way to go Henry!

ad4mg
07-21-2013, 07:46 AM
I just kicked in a few nickels, in memory of W3MIV.

My next two will be in memory of Russ, and Mack, respectively. I sure miss all of those guys (yes, even Mack).

PA5COR
07-21-2013, 08:11 AM
I'll donaate this week, waiting for the bills to arrive and check finances here, trying to make the amount a nice round figure for this year ;)

suddenseer
07-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Bumpity bump. I get the feeling Jeff has been carrying most of the Island's expenses on his card. I'm sure he was aware of the possible expenses when he assumed ownership. On the other hand, it is plain wrong for him have to do this with all of us here who can chip in a little bit. Once again, if everyone who makes this their virtual home would donate a try small gift, Jeff could be a regular donor with all the expenses covered. Thank you for your consideration.

W7XF
07-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Once Social inSecurity gets their head out of their ass....I will, too.
Damn stroke has my cards maxed out, and my mom's too.

W7XF
07-21-2013, 08:08 PM
I just kicked in a few nickels, in memory of W3MIV.

My next two will be in memory of Russ, and Mack, respectively. I sure miss all of those guys (yes, even Mack).

What about Cowthief?? :rofl:

K7SGJ
07-21-2013, 08:46 PM
What about Cowthief?? :rofl:

Hello

W4GPL
07-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks to those have contributed. Very cool. We're not quite set, but things are much better. :)

As for those of you experiencing financial hardships -- PLEASE take care of yourselves. As much as everyone's support is greatly appreciated, I wouldn't want anyone to over extend their budgets. The Island will continue to operate as normal, no matter what we have to do to make sure that happens.

Thanks again. :)

NQ6U
07-21-2013, 09:58 PM
The Island will continue to operate as normal, no matter what we have to do to make sure that happens.

That's code for "we know where your children go to school...".

W4GPL
07-21-2013, 10:04 PM
And if we don't, we'll just ask Obamacare's database. :whistle:

NQ6U
07-21-2013, 10:07 PM
"That's a nice shack you have there. It would be a shame if anything were to happen to it..."

K7SGJ
07-21-2013, 10:09 PM
You wanna buy some insurance?

WX7P
07-21-2013, 10:26 PM
"That's a nice shack you have there. It would be a shame if anything were to happen to it..."

We have seen the photos, Carlo...

NQ6U
07-21-2013, 10:49 PM
We have seen the photos, Carlo...

It's all relative, you know.

VE7DCW
07-21-2013, 11:38 PM
It's all relative, you know.

Who's relatives anyways? :mrgreen:

Bubba
07-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Bumpity bump. I get the feeling Jeff has been carrying most of the Island's expenses on his card. I'm sure he was aware of the possible expenses when he assumed ownership. On the other hand, it is plain wrong for him have to do this with all of us here who can chip in a little bit. Once again, if everyone who makes this their virtual home would donate a try small gift, Jeff could be a regular donor with all the expenses covered. Thank you for your consideration.

Maybe I can just buy the site. That sounds more reasonable.

Bubba
07-22-2013, 05:55 AM
No bids yet ?

WX7P
07-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Maybe I can just buy the site. That sounds more reasonable.

You got that kind of time and oodles of ibuprofen?

K7SGJ
07-22-2013, 08:55 AM
You got that kind of time and oodles of ibuprofen?

How many ibuprofen in one oodle?

WX7P
07-22-2013, 10:21 AM
How many ibuprofen in one oodle?

One oodle equals one Ibuprofen (200mg) equals 1.5 hours.

Dosage for the rata set is lower.

W4GPL
07-22-2013, 10:29 AM
No bids yet ?People offer to buy the site all the time.

It's not for sale.

NQ6U
07-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Who's relatives anyways? :mrgreen:

Obviously, in my case, shack-based extortion would be futile. You can't extort from someone who has nothing to lose.

That said, at least I'm on the air on a regular basis--something that can't be said for more than a few of the alleged hams on this site.

KB3LAZ
07-22-2013, 03:58 PM
One oodle equals one Ibuprofen (200mg) equals 1.5 hours.

Dosage for the rata set is lower.

That is 1/5 of an Ibuprofen here. Honestly, 1g Ibuprofen are rather common here. The other option is 600mg. I cant take either as they give me a dreadful stomachache. I get them from the UK. That along with antacids which seem to be rather uncommon here. At least non prescription dosages.

kb2vxa
07-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Those stomach aches are warning signs, HEED THEM! I was hospitalized with a bleeding ulcer, received two units of whole blood (jealous?) and they cauterized it, two weeks later I got out. I'm still taking 40mg pantoprazole every day and 1gm sucralfate before every meal... YUCH! Eeesh, a gram of ibuprophen will put wobbles in your legs (muscle relaxant) and is an atom bomb for your stomach, gives me the shudders just thinking about it. Another common analgesic, the original aspirin substitute for those with sensitive stomachs is acetaminophen but that shit rots your liver. Safer and won't upset your stomach is enteric (coated) aspirin, a couple of standard 325mg tabs fix you right up.

Antacids? Want cheap? Try a teaspoon of baking soda in half a glass of water, drink it straight down and wait for the burp. Bellyache all gone. Then there's a tasty way to do it:
You put de lime in de coconut, you drink 'em bot' togedder
Put de lime in de coconut and you'll feel better,
Put de lime in de coconut, drink 'em bot' up,
Put de lime in de coconut and call me in the morning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9OqUuA6a0

W7XF
07-22-2013, 07:06 PM
You wanna buy some insurance?

I think I'll buy my insurance from a reputable aource:

K9CCH
07-22-2013, 07:31 PM
I just sent some. I had to use regular paypal though because the donate button wouldn't let me use my Bill Me Later account, which is my primary funding source. I sent it as a gift, so I paid the transaction fees.

suddenseer
07-23-2013, 02:59 AM
I just sent some. I had to use regular paypal though because the donate button wouldn't let me use my Bill Me Later account, which is my primary funding source. I sent it as a gift, so I paid the transaction fees.I forgot how good it feels the first time. Thanks for reminding me. Thanks for your help. You fit in with us misfits quite well.

Bubba
07-23-2013, 05:50 AM
People offer to buy the site all the time.

It's not for sale.

Then don’t ask for money if you can’t afford to run it. It’s not like you are a charity, and we should contribute for no reason except to hear the vip’s complain all the time. . You are the owner, so you better make sure you got the funds... Make it a non profit charity, or a paid membership only, but don’t beg for money, it's kind of lame..

WØTKX
07-23-2013, 05:53 AM
http://www.troll.me/images/willy-wonka-gene-wilder/pompous-ass-got-it-pop-quiz-tomorrow.jpg

ad4mg
07-23-2013, 06:05 AM
Then don’t ask for money if you can’t afford to run it. It’s not like you are a charity, and we should contribute for no reason except to hear the vip’s complain all the time. . You are the owner, so you better make sure you got the funds... Make it a non profit charity, or a paid membership only, but don’t beg for money, it's kind of lame..

How about this, David... you skim over the requests to help fund the site, and we'll run the place as we see fit, like we have since '07. Many of the members here don't mind chipping in a few dollars to help keep the place running, and on a very fast server. You have the dubious distinction of being the very first to complain about this. Maybe you need a hobby or something.

Commence your victim/whining/"I'm being attacked" routine now. Now, that is kinda lame. Just sayin'...

N7YA
07-23-2013, 06:21 AM
Well, that little bitchfest inspires me to continue to help fund the site....why? Because i like it here and i dont see the need to grind a fucking axe every time something rubs me the wrong way.

Ill chip in, im THAT kind of asshole. :)

PA5COR
07-23-2013, 06:44 AM
I admin since 10 years an UK based forum on satellite related reception.
People flocked to us getting their precious files to write to their cam's or cards to watch telly for free, while a bunch of us staff did the coding and keep the forum running with 77.000 members.
Been kicked off many providers when satellite companies complained about us, so many hours spend on setting up a new home relocate the stuff from the old forum, running backups etc.

We asked for donations as well, their savings in having 3 or 4 packages open to watch was quite high, but we ended up funding the bulk, reason we ditched the files and went just forum with now 4000 members.

I donated several times here as foreigner, being made welcome here, and yapping my mouth off, but i was raised to pay the bills if you use something not your property.
As Ham i help out in our community for free, or even sometimes having to pay my costs myself.

This place is not run on non paid membership, unlike some others, the owner doesn;t drive a million dollar motorhome from the income either...

Nobody is "forced"to donate, but the owner also doesn't need the aggro of the post above.
Everyone has an opinion, sometimes it is better to keep that opinion to yourself....

suddenseer
07-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Well, that little bitchfest inspires me to continue to help fund the site....why? Because i like it here and i dont see the need to grind a fucking axe every time something rubs me the wrong way.

Ill chip in, im THAT kind of asshole. :)The world needs moar assholes like you....

K7SGJ
07-23-2013, 08:39 AM

Ill chip in, im THAT kind of asshole. :)

I've always considered you as one of the very "special" assholes. Ya Bastid

KC2UGV
07-23-2013, 08:48 AM

What's great about the whole thing: The owner can presumably afford it. And, the users of the site (Shy of yourself) seem to have no problem sending money to help defray the costs.

I'm sorry you don't like it. I do find it odd as you are the first to complain about something as routine as a forum owner asking members for funds to assist in defraying the costs of the site's operation. This is very routine, among many of the forums I've staffed once they've moved past the "Free hosting" phase.

suddenseer
07-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Then don’t ask for money if you can’t afford to run it. It’s not like you are a charity, and we should contribute for no reason except to hear the vip’s complain all the time. . You are the owner, so you better make sure you got the funds... Make it a non profit charity, or a paid membership only, but don’t beg for money, it's kind of lame..I am the one who initiated this 'beg-a-thon' thread. If you have a problem with it, you can direct your attitude at me. The owner does not ask me, or any other member to post a thread. If I can convince just one more regular member to pitch in, then I consider the thread a success. I do not understand why any person would waste their time on a "lame" site.

WX7P
07-23-2013, 11:31 AM
I am the one who initiated this 'beg-a-thon' thread. If you have a problem with it, you can direct your attitude at me. The owner does not ask me, or any other member to post a thread. If I can convince just one more regular member to pitch in, then I consider the thread a success. I do not understand why any person would waste their time on a "lame" site.

That eye thing is creepy, Tim.

WX7P
07-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I've always considered you as one of the very "special" assholes. Ya Bastid

That's "alpha Hotel" to YOU, rata.

WØTKX
07-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Tim has creepy eyes instead of bedroom eyes? :chin:

NQ6U
07-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Tim has creepy eyes instead of bedroom eyes? :chin:

He just needs to adjust the vertical hold is all.

N8YX
07-23-2013, 12:50 PM
That eye thing is creepy, Tim.

Harry I. Ball at your service...

K7SGJ
07-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Harry I. Ball at your service...

He needs to put a lid on it.

WX7P
07-23-2013, 01:03 PM
He needs to put a lid on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdAt4qWvz_8

suddenseer
07-23-2013, 01:08 PM
That eye thing is creepy, Tim.I see the world through creepy eyes. My view is much different than most.

W4GPL
07-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Bubba, thanks for the fundraising boost. Keep it up, maybe I'll the next month paid for too. :lol:

I have put literally thousands of dollars and countless hours into this website. I've dealt with threats of violence, bigotry, legal actions, and all sorts of hacking/denial of service attempts. As far as I know, I've taken this all in great stride. I would turn over every dime I had to keep this site running -- asking for my fellow members to off set the costs is hardly abnormal for any Internet forum of this type. I'm not ashamed to ask for the help we receive, in fact, I'm proud of all of you who want to help us keep a great community humming along nicely.

I decided long ago not to be intimidated by assholes and naysayers, so this site is expensive to run -- but it's worth it.

PA5COR
07-23-2013, 03:50 PM
^ Thanks, well done Sir.

W7XF
07-23-2013, 10:28 PM
The fine doctor CARPING about our modest Island telethon??? Hmpfh. At least we don't go to the lengths that some other Swamps go thru to get money, i.e. shoving ads down our throats, requiring XML subscriptions to do some things, etc...

K9CCH
07-23-2013, 10:29 PM
The fine doctor CARPING about our modest Island telethon??? Hmpfh. At least we don't go to the lengths that some other Swamps go thru to get money, i.e. shoving ads down our throats, requiring XML subscriptions to do some things, etc...

aMEN!!

K7SGJ
07-23-2013, 10:33 PM
aMEN!!

Hey, that's the Pope's job. :stickpoke::

NQ6U
07-24-2013, 12:54 AM

You should all lay off of Bubba, he's done wonders for my self esteem. Why, before he happened along to the Island, I used to think that I wasn't smart enough to be a doctor. Now I know otherwise.

Bubba
07-24-2013, 01:41 AM
You should all lay off of Bubba, he's done wonders for my self esteem. Why, before he happened along to the Island, I used to think that I wasn't smart enough to be a doctor. Now I know otherwise.

Thank you Pope !! :cool2:

Bubba
07-24-2013, 01:48 AM
How about this, David... you skim over the requests to help fund the site, and we'll run the place as we see fit, like we have since '07. Many of the members here don't mind chipping in a few dollars to help keep the place running, and on a very fast server. You have the dubious distinction of being the very first to complain about this. Maybe you need a hobby or something.

Commence your victim/whining/"I'm being attacked" routine now. Now, that is kinda lame. Just sayin'...

I didn’t say I wasn’t going to chip in. Maybe this is my way of contributing to record fund raising. ;) Got everyones attention right ? Bubba says he’s complaining, so I’m going to show Bubba and send More money !! See it works every time. You can thank me when you are ready.

ad4mg
07-24-2013, 03:14 AM
I didn’t say I wasn’t going to chip in. Maybe this is my way of contributing to record fund raising. ;) Got everyones attention right ? Bubba says he’s complaining, so I’m going to show Bubba and send More money !! See it works every time. You can thank me when you are ready.

I'm not privy to the donations, but I will certainly thank you for chipping in!

Thanks!

suddenseer
07-24-2013, 03:32 AM
Thanks Bubba, you are another one here that is tough to figure out at times.

Bubba
07-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks Bubba, you are another one here that is tough to figure out at times.

Is anyone easy to figure out ? :lol:

Maybe I will take this opportunity to make a statement as to why I may be hard to figure out since suddenseer mentioned it. I have an extraordinarily dry sense of humor and everything I say is to be taken as either humorous, a joke, or just plain being a pisser.http://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gif

N7YA
07-24-2013, 07:20 AM

W4GPL
07-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Is anyone easy to figure out ? :lol:

Maybe I will take this opportunity to make a statement as to why I may be hard to figure out since suddenseer mentioned it. I have an extraordinarily dry sense of humor and everything I say is to be taken as either humorous, a joke, or just plain being a pisser.http://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gifWhat's with the magnify glass?

WØTKX
07-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Maybe that should be answered in Rumpus, he seems to be fixated on, or possibly jealous of , his dog. ;)

Bubba
07-25-2013, 05:49 PM
What's with the magnify glass?

I have no idea. I was going to ask what that was awhile ago. It seams to show up on all my post. I thought it was just part of the system or something that everyone had? How do you get rid of it ?
And to address KX’s remark. I am not fixated on my dog, but I am jealous of him... :lol:

W4GPL
07-25-2013, 06:19 PM
I don't know, I've not seen in that. It's hosted on zoominto.com, are you using any service/plugin related to that?

Bubba
07-25-2013, 06:36 PM
I don't know, I've not seen in that. It's hosted on zoominto.com, are you using any service/plugin related to that?

No, definitely not. I noticed it my first day / posting here. Maybe I can try and tell you when exactly it appears. Stand by...

Bubba
07-25-2013, 06:38 PM
No, definitely not. I noticed it my first day / posting here. Maybe I can try and tell you when exactly it appears. Stand by...
hold on.

Bubba
07-26-2013, 01:22 AM
I think it appears only if I edit a post. It says like zoominto. Still researching it, but it must be this site , correct.

W4GPL
07-26-2013, 01:28 AM
I think it appears only if I edit a post. It says like zoominto. Still researching it, but it must be this site , correct.I can't see how. You're the only one is happens to.

W4GPL
07-26-2013, 01:32 AM
Looks like you might be one major release behind on Safari, do you want to try to upgrade? :dunno:

Bubba
07-26-2013, 04:29 AM
Looks like you might be one major release behind on Safari, do you want to try to upgrade? :dunno:

Are you serious. I mean is that what you really think the problem is. I will check, I thought I had auto updates. Will do now.

D.
http://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gifhttp://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gif

There it goes again WTF...
http://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gif

Testing.

W7XF
07-26-2013, 04:32 AM
Dr. Bubba.... maybe a clean install of a browser will help...maybe Chrome or Firefox.

Bubba
07-26-2013, 04:35 AM
Why you call me Dr. Bubba ?

I think I fixed it, apparently safari installed an extension called zoom something. I deleted it, so it should be gone I hope.

W4GPL
07-26-2013, 05:01 AM
I think I fixed it, apparently safari installed an extension called zoom something. I deleted it, so it should be gone I hope.Cool. Glad it's fixed. It wasn't bothering me, it was just.. odd. :) Thanks for letting us know.

Bubba
07-26-2013, 05:27 AM
Cool. Glad it's fixed. It wasn't bothering me, it was just.. odd. :) Thanks for letting us know.

I know, if you wouldn’t have mentioned it I just thought it was this forum server,lol.. Thanks..

W7XF
07-26-2013, 05:31 AM
What did you wind up changing?? (just so the rest of us won't get into the same situation)

Bubba
07-26-2013, 05:39 AM
What did you wind up changing?? (just so the rest of us won't get into the same situation)

You didn’t answer my question..

Safari had some strange extension that I had, didn’t even know I had it, but I checked and erased it.

WØTKX
07-26-2013, 02:08 PM

Man Anonymous Prayer, as seen on the Red Green Show.

I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

N7YA
07-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Hmm, well....now i kinda miss the magnifying glass. Your posts just arent the same without it.

NA4BH
07-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Hmm, well....now i kinda miss the magnifying glass. Your posts just arent the same without it.

I wasn't gonna say anything, but I miss it too.

suddenseer
07-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Three votes for the magnifying glass. I thought Jeff snuck in some new emotion cons. Now I want my mac to do that.

WØTKX
07-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Geezer Tweezers...

http://www.miles2go.com/images/6124.jpg

NQ6U
07-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Geezer Tweezers...

Your average hamfest attendee needs those to find his prick.

WØTKX
07-26-2013, 05:16 PM
There was (still kind of is) a regular ragchew group on 3922 that used to pass those out.

The first 75m gang I hung out with. I got me one. Sits right here in the shack.

W4GPL
07-26-2013, 07:10 PM
I wasn't gonna say anything, but I miss it too.Yeah Bubba, can you bring it back? :(

Bubba
07-26-2013, 07:12 PM

I must have been the only one who didn’t think it was abnormal. I thought it was part of this sites editing system or something. Why didn’t you guys say something earlier, lol...

I could bring it back.. :lol:

Bubba
07-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Geezer Tweezers...

I can see those would be pretty handy in many situations. Just curious, do you keep those on your night stand.. :lol::lol:

Bubba
07-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Well, I did figure out how you can now get your very own magnifying glass. If you use safari, go under extensions and add the one that says zoom in or something like that. I think it allows for you to zoom in on text or pics, so lets see if you can get the next magnifying glass. I am passing it on to the next Islander who needs it..

NA4BH
07-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Well, I did figure out how you can now get your very own magnifying glass. If you use safari, go under extensions and add the one that says zoom in or something like that. I think it allows for you to zoom in on text or pics, so lets see if you can get the next magnifying glass. I am passing it on to the next Islander who needs it..

That wouldn't be the same. Only you are allowed the "GLASS".

NA4BH
07-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Anybody else would be a poser.

suddenseer
07-26-2013, 07:46 PM
What OS are you using? I am using mountain lion. I installed the extensions app, and no magnifying glass for me. Must be a Bubba Thang.

W7XF
07-27-2013, 02:39 AM
Why you call me Dr. Bubba ?

I think I fixed it, apparently safari installed an extension called zoom something. I deleted it, so it should be gone I hope.
you did have you MD title on your name on the lookup on The Swamp...and it seemed to verify. so I'm just addressing you properly.

Bubba
07-28-2013, 06:04 AM
you did have you MD title on your name on the lookup on The Swamp...and it seemed to verify. so I'm just addressing you properly.

No, I purchased that on ebay, I was the highest bidder on that one.. And the swamp, why are you hanging out there ? It’s a swamp... Anything else you want to verify on me ?? I can give you my penis length if you want, and if you want to verify it just bend over....

Bubba
07-28-2013, 06:09 AM
That wouldn't be the same. Only you are allowed the "GLASS".

Do I get a special name now ?

Bubba
07-28-2013, 06:58 AM

How should I address you then. What is the appropriate title for someone that makes license plates at ServiceArizona ?

suddenseer
07-28-2013, 07:22 AM
How should I address you then. What is the appropriate title for someone that makes license plates at ServiceArizona ?He is actually the island bouncer.

W7XF
07-28-2013, 10:21 AM
How should I address you then. What is the appropriate title for someone that makes license plates at ServiceArizona ?

I don't make licence plates. I only use ServiceArizona every two years to renew registrations.

W7XF
07-28-2013, 10:39 AM
<snip>Anything else you want to verify on me ?? I can give you my penis length if you want, and if you want to verify it just bend over<snip>

Nein, danke. Du bist nicht mein Typ xD

WØTKX
07-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Do I get a special name now ?

Glass Knob?

N7YA
07-28-2013, 05:08 PM
I can give you my penis length if you want, and if you want to verify it just bend over....

If i didnt know any better, you just directly hit on a big bear trucker with an offer for butt sex. Just for the record. :yes:

suddenseer
07-28-2013, 05:28 PM
If i didnt know any better, you just directly hit on a big bear trucker with an offer for butt sex. Just for the record. :yes:7 may not only be his call sign district. It may really hurt the first couple of times, that means your'e doing it wrong.:lol:

Bubba
07-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Glass Knob?

How about Super Knob !!

Bubba
07-28-2013, 05:42 PM
If i didnt know any better, you just directly hit on a big bear trucker with an offer for butt sex. Just for the record. :yes:

No, just a primitive measuring tool.

W7XF
07-29-2013, 03:26 AM
:sleep:

N7YA
07-29-2013, 06:19 AM
No, just a primitive measuring tool.

N8YX
07-29-2013, 09:07 AM
I wondered when Bronies were going to show up...

W4GPL
07-29-2013, 09:22 AM
:lol:

Ok, let's move on from this topic...

But remember, operators are still standing by for Island donations. ;)

WØTKX
07-29-2013, 09:51 AM
What, and put the brakes on a budding bromance? :spin:

N7YA
07-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Just trying to help someone come out. Maybe in his own good time. :P

Bubba
07-30-2013, 04:48 AM
Lol. You guys are funny. I give you full credit for that.. Now where do I send the check ?

N7YA
07-30-2013, 05:04 AM
Atta boy!

Bubba
07-30-2013, 05:08 AM
7 may not only be his call sign district. It may really hurt the first couple of times, that means your'e doing it wrong.:lol:

Suddenseeingthelight, WTF, you just stole my Icon. You dog. How did you get my glass ????

Way to go Bro !!!!

W4GPL
07-30-2013, 05:11 AM
Lol. You guys are funny. I give you full credit for that.. Now where do I send the check ?
Sorry, no checks.. But there's a fancy donate link at top and bottom of the page. ;)

Bubba
07-30-2013, 05:18 AM
Sorry, no checks.. But there's a fancy donate link at top and bottom of the page. ;)

Only if I get my glass back. lol... Do you accept dongs?

W4GPL
07-30-2013, 05:20 AM
Only if I get my glass back. lol... Do you accept dongs?
Nope, sorry. But you can have your glass back, I'll put it in your signature. :)

N7YA
07-30-2013, 05:25 PM
:doh:

Somebody please touch his junk, its getting desperate in here.

Bubba
07-30-2013, 05:41 PM
:doh:

Somebody please touch his junk, its getting desperate in here.

Lol, who would that be ?? :chin:

K9CCH
08-24-2013, 08:42 PM
As the unofficial Island Beg-a-thon moderator, I must step up and do my duty. The Island is not supported by advertising like other ham radio related sites. It is a good thing never having to worry about pissing off a sponsor anyway. The good things in life are really not free. The V-Bulletin, server costs, et.al. have a real price that must be paid. If everyone who calls this place home would chip in a small amount to keep the lights on, the shared cost would be really low. There is really never any heavy pressure from the site owner, and staff to donate. I like that. Let's keep the site up, and running for months to come. It is time to hit the 'donate' link. If you have not become a donor yet, please consider it. You will not get any special privileges. You will get a private 'thank you' message. Your donation, no matter how big, or small, will remain a private matter between you, and Jeff.

Sorry for the Ambien induced comma splicing.

Tim aka suddenseer aka N8TB

I'm gonna bump this one. I've only been here a little over a month, but it feels like I've known you all for ages. This is a great community to be a part of.

Rents due, so if you haven't donated, skip a beer or two tonight and send a couple bucks in!

W4GPL
08-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Thanks Chris :)

Bubba
08-25-2013, 05:52 AM
I think Chris and Jeff have something going on. :drool: Just a hunch.....

N7YA
08-25-2013, 07:10 AM
If you ask them in a sexy and sensual way, they may tell you about those hot moments of grocery shopping and bill paying.

May be too sordid and lusty to post here, however.

K7SGJ
08-25-2013, 08:57 AM
If you ask them in a sexy and sensual way, they may tell you about those hot moments of grocery shopping and bill paying.

May be too sordid and lusty to post here, however.

Especially their shenanigans in the produce aisle.

suddenseer
08-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Especially their shenanigans in the produce aisle.Zucchini