PDA

View Full Version : Strange Occurrence on the Islets of Langerhans

NQ6U
07-19-2013, 06:41 PM
I received a QSL card from Mark, K0LOR, in Elk River, MN today. Nothing usual about that. What was unusual was that he included a SASE for a return card. How many hams are willing to pay for a QSL from a Six-Lander? Not many, I reckon.

WX7P
07-19-2013, 06:45 PM
I received a QSL card from Mark, K0LOR, in Elk River, MN today. Nothing usual about that. What was unusual was that he included a SASE for a return card. How many hams are willing to pay for a QSL from a Six-Lander? Not many, I reckon.

I used to get them because they wanted the NX6 or the WX7 prefix.

I've gotten one card with an SASE already from here.

NA4BH
07-19-2013, 06:55 PM
I sent one back with my card, told them to use it elsewhere.

WN9HJW
07-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Deleted

WX7P
07-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Wasn't that a Steven King movie?

You've probably gotten some requests for qsl cards because of your prefix.

In my license plate collection, your call plate would be golden. Out of district and a WN call.

Holy grail, baby.

NQ6U
07-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Wasn't that a Steven King movie?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s06tquyK3EYx

W3WN
07-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Wasn't that a Steven King movie?Not exactly.

Just check with Mrs. Haber...

Audrey Farber?
Susan Underhill?
Betty Jo Bialovski (everyone knew her as Nancy)

NQ6U
07-19-2013, 09:07 PM
Not exactly.

Just check with Mrs. Haber...

Audrey Farber?
Susan Underhill?
Betty Jo Bialovski (everyone knew her as Nancy)

Or click here (http://vocaroo.com/i/s06tquyK3EYx).

n2ize
07-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Maybe he's just trying to ge a nice guy.,

NQ6U
07-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Maybe he's just trying to ge a nice guy.,

I'm sure that he is. I'm merely surprised that he'd want my QSL card badly enough to enclose an SASE is all. I guess you'd have to be a Six-Lander to understand.

n2ize
07-19-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm sure that he is. I'm merely surprised that he'd want my QSL card badly enough to enclose an SASE is all. I guess you'd have to be a Six-Lander to understand.

Years ago when I was on AM regularly I used to get QSL cards from non-amateur radio people, i.e SWL's.

NQ6U
07-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Years ago when I was on AM regularly I used to get QSL cards from non-amateur radio people, i.e SWL's.

But you're not a Six-Lander. You don't understand.

KJ3N
07-19-2013, 11:01 PM

And yet there are those who have sent me QSL cards without an SASE. Those generally go into the Round-Tuit pile.

N7YA
07-20-2013, 04:43 AM

Anytime i needed a card for WAS,or a special event, or i simply wanted to be courteous, i always send a SASE to stateside stations. I get them from time to time.

NQ6U
07-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Anytime i needed a card for WAS,or a special event, or i simply wanted to be courteous, i always send a SASE to stateside stations. I get them from time to time.

I know, but no one needs a Six-Land card; everyone already has them. Hams on Alpha Centauri Five have Six-Land cards.

WX7P
07-20-2013, 11:01 AM
I know, but no one needs a Six-Land card; everyone already has them. Hams on Alpha Centauri Five have Six-Land cards.

Yep, as common as JA cards.

KG4NEL
07-21-2013, 12:10 PM

I've included SASEs for every domestic QSL I've sent. Figure it's the right thing to do.

My "record" was for sending an SASE to a major contest station who's a member of the local club - he's maybe 15 minutes away :D

Funny thing is I'll probably move before I ever get to use those QSOs for 5-band WAS...

KC2UGV
07-25-2013, 10:59 AM
I've included SASEs for every domestic QSL I've sent. Figure it's the right thing to do.

Same here. If I am asking for a card back, I expect to be the one to front the costs. For DX stations, an IRC.

wa6mhz
07-25-2013, 11:28 AM
I OWE several cards to hams who have sent SASEs, but I am working on getting cards printed. I tried the "print your own" with a color inkjet, but that ran the cartridge out of ink with just a few cards printed. Those cartridges cost over $35 each, and I can get HUNDREDS of professionally printed cards for that! So I need to get around to getting these printed so I can send out the cards I owe.

W3WN
07-25-2013, 11:48 AM
But you're not a Six-Lander. You don't understand.I'm in Pennsylvania. I completely understand.

Unlike our favorite Delaware cave dweller, almost nobody wants another card from PA. If they do, it's only because they're county hunters. And Allegheny County ain't exactly rare.

And FWIW, if I send someone a domestic QSL, even if it's a 6 lander, I include an SASE. I consider it being polite. (And especially if I work one on 160!!)

KJ3N
07-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Unlike our favorite Delaware cave dweller, almost nobody wants another card from PA.

Don't hate the player... ;)

N7YA
07-25-2013, 04:27 PM
I OWE several cards to hams who have sent SASEs, but I am working on getting cards printed. I tried the "print your own" with a color inkjet, but that ran the cartridge out of ink with just a few cards printed. Those cartridges cost over $35 each, and I can get HUNDREDS of professionally printed cards for that! So I need to get around to getting these printed so I can send out the cards I owe.

Pat, just sit down with an index card, a sharpie and a ballpoint pen and make a quick a few. At least these guys will get a card. Let them know you dont have any, the time it took you to make them would be miniscule and it would mean a lot...they would probably bring them to their next club meeting to show that we arent ALL a bunch of dickish geezers. :lol:

W3WN
07-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Don't hate the player... ;)Nah. Just pointing out that some 3 land stations are more desired than others.

KJ3N
07-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Nah. Just pointing out that some 3 land stations are more desired than others.

And 2-landers are just as far down on the list as 6-landers. ;) :neener:

wa6mhz
07-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Now, if I lived in TRINITY or ALPINE counties in CA, it might be a little more desirable, especially in the California QSO Party and on the County Hunters Net.

But everyone in the WORLD has San Diego county confirmed! Not even a remotely rare GRID SQUARE!

WX7P
07-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Now, if I lived in TRINITY or ALPINE counties in CA, it might be a little more desirable, especially in the California QSO Party and on the County Hunters Net.

But everyone in the WORLD has San Diego county confirmed! Not even a remotely rare GRID SQUARE!

True dat. When I lived in Modoc County, the CA qso party was always big fun...

NQ6U
07-26-2013, 10:22 AM
[...] everyone in the WORLD GALAXY has San Diego county confirmed! Not even a remotely rare GRID SQUARE!

Fixed that for you, Pat.

W2NAP
07-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Fixed that for you, Pat.

now hang on, I dont have san diego county confirmed.... but I have made a couple contacts to SD county.

then again I dont chance paper so it dont matter carry on.

W3WN
07-26-2013, 10:45 AM

But everyone in the WORLD has San Diego county confirmed! Not even a remotely rare GRID SQUARE!You could always head to one of those counties for the CaQP weekend. Just sayin'.