PDA

View Full Version : Concert for OT prog fans.

N7YA
07-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Went to see Yes at the Palms last night, they played The Yes Album, Close To The Edge and Going for The One...3 albums in their entirety. I even took my wife along, its not her style, but she enjoyed it. They were great. Ive been a fan of theirs for nearly 40 years so its always a good time.

Funny how you can gauge a bands career by the audience...it looked like a Hamfest! A couple of thousand awkward, old white guys yelling "Yeah Man!!" and "WOOOOOO!".

One old white cracker in front of Chris Squire was rocking out...with his cane in the air! If thats not a testament to a bands longevity, i dont know what is!

Here are some cell phone shots (which they allowed me to do)...

suddenseer
07-14-2013, 03:03 AM
Cool pics adam.I should say, "cool for an old guy". LOL. Today's phones are awesome.

N7YA
07-14-2013, 04:11 AM
Thanks, i was quite surprised myself. I also recorded part of Perpetual Change and the entire encore of Roundabout...the recording on my phone sounded like it came right off the board...kinda....

K7SGJ
07-14-2013, 09:09 AM
It may have looked like a hamfest; I hope it didn't smell like one.

kb2vxa
07-14-2013, 11:43 AM
"One old white cracker in front of Chris Squire was rocking out...with his cane in the air!"

Please stand by while I clean the schmutz off my monitor............

N7YA
07-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Believe me, when i saw that defiant geriatric cane from CVS being thrust into the air, i lost it!

K7SGJ
07-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Believe me, when i saw that defiant geriatric cane from CVS being thrust into the air, i lost it!

At least it hadn't been shoved up someone's derriere, yet

WØTKX
07-14-2013, 12:42 PM
I wish I'd been paying attention, it might have been worth it to fly to Vegas.
Too short of a notice for work. I'd really like to see them again.

Checked, the tickets are still available in Vegas.
All the others but WI State Fair are sold out.

K7SGJ
07-14-2013, 12:47 PM
I wish I'd been paying attention, it might have been worth it to fly to Vegas.
Too short of a notice for work. I'd really like to see them again.

Checked, the tickets are still available in Vegas.
All the others but WI State Fair are sold out.

Corn dogs on a stick, and a concert. What a deal.

N7YA
07-14-2013, 11:17 PM
They are doing a couple of dates at the MGM Grand Gardens...but its waaaaay too expensive and the Pearl, as you can see, is a much nicer and more intimate room. This is the second time ive seen them there.

NA4BH
07-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Is Wakeman with them?

N7YA
07-16-2013, 06:59 AM
Is Wakeman with them?

No, he hasnt been with them in years. It was Geoff Downes...he wasnt noteable in Yes except for being the keyboardist when the entire band, except Chris Squire, left. When they got back together, they got Tony Kaye (the very first original guy before RW) and Wakeman back on board for a short tour. However, Geoff Downes was the keyboard player for Asia and The Buggles....thats him on Video Killed The Radio Star.

The only ORIGINAL original member in the group is Chris Squire...on every single Yes album. But they had Steve Howe on guitar, and he was on all the Yes stuff worth a shit (aside from the Trevor Rabin stuff on 90125). The drummer was Alan White, who has been with them for over 40 years and changed the sound of Yes. And the singer is a new kid who does a better job than Jon Anderson, in my opinion.