PDA

View Full Version : One Last Time

W3WN
07-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Scott E. Entsminger was a "lifelong" Cleveland Browns fan & season ticket holder. He passed away on July 4th.

In his obituary, he requested that the Browns send 6 members of the team to be his pall bearers... and I quote:

"He respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time"

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dispatch/obituary.aspx?n=scott-e-entsminger&pid=165695591#fbLoggedOut
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22683592/man-wants-browns-pallbearers-so-team-can-let-him-down-one-last-time

PA5COR
07-09-2013, 09:23 AM
:mrgreen: LOL do i deteect some cynism here?

kb2vxa
07-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Heh heh, and a touch of sarcasm:
"Oh, Browns. You even managed to get beat by the deceased."
Will Brinson | NFL Writer | CBS Sports

suddenseer
07-13-2013, 03:15 PM
When I had my short career in Cleveland last year, I could not help but notice that most folks there are Steeler's fans. True dat.

K7SGJ
07-13-2013, 04:50 PM
When I had my short career in Cleveland last year, I could not help but notice that most folks there are Steeler's fans. True dat.

Yeah, those bastids will steal most anything.

W3WN
07-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Actually, it's a side effect of the Pittsburgh Diaspora.

When the steel mills shut down in the mid 1980's, and were torn down... a significant portion of the population left to find work elsewhere. And a very significant portion of the younger generation, on graduating high school, went off to college, never to return (except to visit the family).

But even though they left, they kept rooting for the Black & Gold.

Now, as far as Cleveland goes... on top of everything else, remember that a large portion of Cleveland natives felt betrayed when Art Model pulled up stakes, and Modell's Meatballs moved to Baltimore. Some of them changed their allegiance to the Meatball's primary rival... and considering how, well, pathetic the new Cleveland team has been...

W2NAP
07-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Actually, it's a side effect of the Pittsburgh Diaspora.

When the steel mills shut down in the mid 1980's, and were torn down... a significant portion of the population left to find work elsewhere. And a very significant portion of the younger generation, on graduating high school, went off to college, never to return (except to visit the family).

But even though they left, they kept rooting for the Black & Gold.

Now, as far as Cleveland goes... on top of everything else, remember that a large portion of Cleveland natives felt betrayed when Art Model pulled up stakes, and Modell's Meatballs moved to Baltimore. Some of them changed their allegiance to the Meatball's primary rival... and considering how, well, pathetic the new Cleveland team has been...

I remember catching a episode of how the states got the shapes. they were in pittsburg and the host asked "who produces the most steel in the usa" both said pittsburg come to find out its Indiana (N.W. Ind to be exact)

also back in the day where I live Anderson used to be called "The Pittsburg of the white river"