PDA

View Full Version : Let the crew assemble! Fort Wayne Hamfest

KD8DSG
07-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Hello, friends!

My OM and I have never been to the Fort Wayne, IN, Hamfest. I want to attend the event this year. It should be a reasonable drive (and good excuse) for another get together with our ham friends!!!!

(Methinks hubby is really going to be interested in the gear, too. Big surprise, huh.:mrgreen:)

The event runs November 16-17. http://www.fortwaynehamfest.com

I haven't checked out hotels yet. Just wanted to gauge who's interested in joining us.

More time to BS and chew the fat as they say. Beverages can be involved as well... At least for me! :cheers:

You can reply here or send a PM.

KB3LAZ
07-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Hello, friends!

My OM and I have never been to the Fort Wayne, IN, Hamfest. I want to attend the event this year. It should be a reasonable drive (and good excuse) for another get together with our ham friends!!!!

(Methinks hubby is really going to be interested in the gear, too. Big surprise, huh.:mrgreen:)

The event runs November 16-17. http://www.fortwaynehamfest.com

I haven't checked out hotels yet. Just wanted to gauge who's interested in joining us.

More time to BS and chew the fat as they say. Beverages can be involved as well... At least for me! :cheers:

You can reply here or send a PM.

Sadly, it is a bit of a trip for me. That and I will be on vacation for my first wedding anniversary. I hope to be back in time for Dayton next year, though. However, have fun and take bike trailers to haul all of the new gear. :D

KD8DSG
07-07-2013, 08:40 AM
I hope you enjoy your anniversary trip.

Haven't seen you since your last trek to a CFARC Hamfest many moons ago.

Hope you can join us in Dayton next year. Plan on bringing your uhaul for all of the boat anchors there. :hyper:

BTW, your avatars ROCK!!!!

KB3LAZ
07-07-2013, 02:31 PM
I hope you enjoy your anniversary trip.

Haven't seen you since your last trek to a CFARC Hamfest many moons ago.

Hope you can join us in Dayton next year. Plan on bringing your uhaul for all of the boat anchors there. :hyper:

BTW, your avatars ROCK!!!!

Thank you, I will. Yes, its been ages. As for boat anchors, I'm more of a window shopper. I have specifics in mind. :D

As for the avatar, thanks but it was tweaked by the local bartender. :)

K7SGJ
07-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Thank you, I will. Yes, its been ages. As for boat anchors, I'm more of a window shopper. I have specifics in mind. :D

As for the avatar, thanks but it was tweaked by the local bartender. :)

Perfect. I have a 3' x 6' picture window I'm trying to sell, but the shipping to Spain would be higher than giraffe nuts.

VE7DCW
07-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Bit of a trip for me as well.....and I now need a passport to enter the U.S. as well and unfortunately my passport has lapsed ....... still I see another trip south into the U.S.A. (Unexplored Southern Area) may be coming up in the not too distant future! :yes:

K7SGJ
07-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Bit of a trip for me as well.....and I now need a passport to enter the U.S. as well and unfortunately my passport has lapsed ....... still I see another trip south into the U.S.A. (Unexplored Southern Area) may be coming up in the not too distant future! :yes:

If you swing way way South down the coast, and come in through Nogales, then Tucson, you won't need a passport. Just watch out for the Coyotes. And I don't mean the dogs or the hockey team. And of course, if you get to Maricopa county you'll have Sheriff Joe to contend with. Shouldn't be a problem there either if you great him with "Buenos Dias Pendejo" which means good day Mr. policeman.

ki4itv
07-07-2013, 09:52 PM
... if you get to Maricopa county you'll have Sheriff Joe to contend with. Shouldn't be a problem there either if you great him with "Buenos Dias Pendejo" which means good day Mr. policeman.
:lol::rofl:

WX7P
07-08-2013, 07:20 AM
I'll definitely be there for the weekend, Nikki. If the isotopes don't need minding that weekend, Sarah will come as well.

Should be fun. This will be a road trip into an unexplored area.

I can listen to IBC's repeater!

K7SGJ
07-08-2013, 08:44 AM
I'd try to make it if the Pope would swing by and pick me up. We could split the gas bill, and trade off the wheel work, but the Pope-mobile is a gas hog, it's all glass so no privacy, and at the top speed, we would have had to have left back in February. Plus, sister Mary Margret can't behave herself for that long. She has a few bad habits. So I guess we'll be no shows. But we'll be there in spirit.

WX7P
07-08-2013, 08:53 AM
I'd try to make it if the Pope would swing by and pick me up. We could split the gas bill, and trade off the wheel work, but the Pope-mobile is a gas hog, it's all glass so no privacy, and at the top speed, we would have had to have left back in February. Plus, sister Mary Margret can't behave herself for that long. She has a few bad habits. So I guess we'll be no shows. But we'll be there in spirit.

Fire up the Ratamobile.

I understand the retiree issue 94 Geo Metro gets screaming mileage and is a nice road car.

WØTKX
07-08-2013, 07:23 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTLVcL5LC8WcWyUp2j7svcRHgtS-ICxOnr_MjiuYHFPI_UB7Bc

Or...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UOk3nQn2Pns/RqFUJj6o_qI/AAAAAAAAAdg/GGw-4lp_94E/s400/B-01.jpg

KD8DSG
07-08-2013, 07:54 PM
I'll definitely be there for the weekend, Nikki. If the isotopes don't need minding that weekend, Sarah will come as well.

Should be fun. This will be a road trip into an unexplored area.

I can listen to IBC's repeater!

Sweet! I hope both of you can make it to the event!

More folks are welcome to join us as well.

If we make reservations for the same hotel, we could have a serious meeting of the minds, a fun time BS-ing, or a good time swapping beers from different regions... Like we talked about at Dayton.

Guess I better look for a suite in case if we need a place to enjoy BYOB. :clap: