PDA

View Full Version : A 4th of July Tale

n2ize
07-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Early this morning before sunrise I was standing on a corner and I spotted my friend Jose. At first I thought he couldn't see me so I called to him with the words, "Jose !, can you see, by this dawn's early light". He said "Yes" and then said in reference to last night, "what so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming which brought stripes and bright start through a perilous fight". I said , "Yeah, I know", and I added, "for those ramparts we watcher were so gallantly streaming", and Jose added, "and the rockets red glare, and those bombs bursting in air" to which I replied, "yeah Jose, but at least it gave us proof through the night, that our flag was still there". As my eyes scanned the heavens of the early dawn I spotted a particular star in one part of the sky that appeared to be spangling. I pointed it out to Jose and I said, "Jose ? Does that star spangle ? ". He looked carefully and after a few moments responded, "YES!! like a banner it yet waves !!". I said, "For the land of the free and the home of the brave", and we went our separate ways.

N2NH
07-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Bartender, A tall ale for a tall tale, s'il-vous-plait.