PDA

View Full Version : Back in the saddle again(?)

kb2vxa
06-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Hi y'all,

In case you were wondering (as if you really care) where I've been hiding I may as well admit while it provides good concealment under the weather isn't a nice hiding spot. The morbidly curious are just dying to know so I'll toss you a life preserver, the climax of a couple of months of general misery here at home* was a mild heart attack, a blood clot and severe anemia caused by a bleeding stomach ulcer got me an unexpected 911 ride to the hospital. A couple of weeks of riveting, welding and liberal application of Bondo bashed my body back into shape but it took 2 months in the paint shop to get the finishing touches right, but the physical therapists like to call it rehab.

I have mixed feelings about that, the good part is it got me back up on my feet again and the bad part isn't worth boring you with, I'm just glad to be home and it won't be long before I have the loose ends all tied up in pretty pink ribbons. Yeah, Pretty In Pink but I'm not all that fond of Molly Ringworm............

* You never guessed now didja huh? An injured foot had me home-bound in severe pain, extreme at times but I'll not use it as an excuse for being a grumpy old bastid, that's my internet cultured personality. (;->) Yeah, that's me on the right.

NA4BH
06-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Good to hear you are doing better. Sorry to hear about your shins Cotton, er uh, Warren.

WØTKX
06-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Y!

The Grumpy Bastid is Back!

:monkeydance:

VE7DCW
06-29-2013, 12:20 AM
I'm assuming that the center character in that cartoon still above marked with "JC" on his overalls is Jesus Christ? :rofl:

....... anyways,glad to see you're on the mend Warren......it explains your felt absence from the Island!:yes:

KG4CGC
06-29-2013, 12:57 AM
Shit man, sorry. What a combination.
Keep being grumpy.

PA5COR
06-29-2013, 03:15 AM
Good to have you back in good shape. ;)

N7YA
06-29-2013, 04:04 AM
I'm assuming that the center character in that cartoon still above marked with "JC" on his overalls is Jesus Christ? :rofl:

....... anyways,glad to see you're on the mend Warren......it explains your felt absence from the Island!:yes:

John Coltrane, Jim Carey, Joshua Chamberlain, Jane Curtain, Jerry Cantrell, Julia Child, Jackie Chan, Julius Caesar, Johhny Carson, Jacques Cousteau, James Caan, Jennifer Connely....any of these?

Welcome back, Warren. :)

NQ6U
06-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Grump on, Warren. Glad to see you back here on the Island's fair shores.

WØTKX
06-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Warren? :lol:

http://youtu.be/GJQQmbZc474

http://youtu.be/GJQQmbZc474

N2NH
06-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Great to see you back here Warren. Yes there was a thread on you (started by someone here) and you were missed.

Ya missed few good railroad threads in your absence (still here somewhere). Good to see you doing better. :yes:

N2CHX
06-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Good to see you again, Warren. Be well!

KC2UGV
06-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Well, I'm glad to hear you're doing much better now Warren.

N8YX
06-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Don't go running off like that again. We were just about ready to call in the cavalry...I mean 'SFH and get you rescued!

K7SGJ
06-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Glad to hear you beat him. Keep on healing. (Or is it heeling, you dog, you)

suddenseer
06-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Warren is back!!! Good to see the grumpy old bastid is still grumpy. I am in the hospital right now. They chopped off another infected toe. I have found the pain meds make me generally agreeable to everyone. I suggest sending your pain meds to me, so the pain can help you keep that 'grumpy old bastid' edge. Great to see you back Warren!

kb2vxa
07-01-2013, 12:08 AM
"We were just about ready to call in the cavalry...I mean 'SFH and get you rescued!"
The 7th Cavalry? The SFH Sioux won the day at Little Big Horn thanks to the Henry repeating rifle and I got such a laugh out of the commercials on the Military Channel at the rehab center. "Own a Henry and own a piece of history."

Crazy Horse not so crazy as you thought and that's no Shitting Bull.