PDA

View Full Version : Vaping

mw0uzo
06-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Vaping - electronic cigarettes. Been using them for over a month not touched a single cigarette. 2 weeks in I threw away all my rolling papers, left over tobacco etc. I use the larger type with bigger batteries and cartridges, they produce plenty of 'smoke'. I'm converted. Anyone else using them?

KC2UGV
06-25-2013, 09:21 AM
I know I am, and there's a couple more of us here as well.

I use the bigger battery too, and the smaller cartos.

mw0uzo
06-25-2013, 09:39 AM
I try to use low nicotine juices, but tend to get through them quite quickly, so ordered a load of stuff to make DIY juice. Got some big bottles of vegetable glycerine and propylene gycol for the base and ordered a load of concentrated food flavourings

Lime, Caramel Toffee, Maple Syrup, Apple, Strawberry, Cherry, Pear and Cola

I'll let you know if anything turns out good!!

mw0uzo
06-25-2013, 09:41 AM
I've tried a tobacco extraction for a tobacco flavoured juice, its ok but there are parts of the stew that don't vapourise so the liquid gets darker as its used. I used vodka to extract, probably its extracted too much of everything. Next time, I will just use PG and let it sit in a very warm place (the exhaust vent of a P4 preschottt).

KC2UGV
06-25-2013, 09:57 AM
I was going to start making my own juices, but the costs for startup were just too great, and I figured,"Why not let the experts make it?" was on my mind. But, I have a vape shop less than 4 miles away, and they make great liquids.

mw0uzo
06-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Nice, I've tried a few different flavours some were lovely some were rancid (looking at you B+H flavour). A bigger 30ml bottle of juice in the UK costs about £10, so not very cheap. Maybe I'm buying from the wrong place and/or using too much because of low nicotine.

mw0uzo
06-25-2013, 10:06 AM
I swear that B+H flavour tasted like eating a pack instead.

WX7P
06-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Nice, I've tried a few different flavours some were lovely some were rancid (looking at you B+H flavour). A bigger 30ml bottle of juice in the UK costs about £10, so not very cheap. Maybe I'm buying from the wrong place and/or using too much because of low nicotine.

Wow. That's expensive! How does that cost compare to a carton of smokes over there?

mw0uzo
06-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Wow. That's expensive! How does that cost compare to a carton of smokes over there?

I used to smoke rollies, so costs were low e.g. ~£5 for 12.5g of baccy, papers, filters.

A pack of 20 cigarettes is over £7 now I think, I havent bought any for ages, so they are *really* expensive.

So far I have spent probably £120 total on ecigs stuff, including all the stuff for DIY ejuice. Gonna have to vape for a while for it to be cost effective... not that I care too much about it, being off the real tobacco has to be worth it.

mw0uzo
06-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Hopefully they won't turn out like these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7DaJ_3tkV0

KG4CGC
06-25-2013, 01:34 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/photobucket-29507-1371664462889_zps2b3ed0e6.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/bebop5/media/photobucket-29507-1371664462889_zps2b3ed0e6.jpg.html)

A 2" tall bottle a little bigger around than your thumb is $5. I'm currently using an eGo-T with a single coil cartomizer with Cuban Cigar flavor @ 11mg and 24mg. I'm mixing them together until I get the right strength. Too high can shoot your blood pressure up too high and too low and you'll be puffing away all day.
Planning on picking up a dual coil cartomizer tomorrow and some other flavors. Once you get the set up, your monthly cost will be about $20. That's a bottle a week.
The XYL wants to start using one after I told her that $20 a month vs what she spends a week to 10 days on a carton of cigarettes, about $45, she decided it was a good idea.
A couple of weeks earlier I got the Lotus e-cig starter kit for $23 but the carts for it are $5 each and last about a day. I opened them up and put liquid in them but the system as a whole would not be as reliable if you were to go on a trip or something and didn't know when you would be near a power source be it USB, 12VDC or 120VAC. With the eGo-T I wear it on a lanyard around my neck and can even puff while I'm riding my scoot, like I did last weekend on the Outer Banks.
The guy I'm purchasing through has 60 different flavors and strengths including Turkish, Dekang, something called French Pipe, Marlboro Red, various other popular generic brands as well as other well know brands like Newport. Then there are all the food type flavors including blueberry waffle and Worther's Originals.

Cutting all the smoke out and the chemicals down to just nicotine, my lungs are noticeably better. I realized long ago that other addictive chemicals are added by cigarette manufacturers that also make the drugs in cigarettes hit your brain harder, the same way crack cocaine does a crack head making them hopelessly addicted. As I adjusted to the vape, I found that I hit it less.

n2ize
06-25-2013, 01:49 PM
I've been under a lot of depression and stress these past several weeks so I started chewing tobacco again. Not the smokelss tobacco shit like "Skoal", I am talking about real ol' fashioned mollasses chew . Red Man is my preferred brand, and pone of the few you can find up here in NY. While safer than cigs it is still not a safe habit and I plan to quit again soon. Stuff is expensive too, costs anywhere from $7.00 + change to $8.00 + change per pouch.

Spent a lot of time visiting in the hospital over the past few weeks and attending a subsequent funeral over the weekend and I noticed a lot of former smokers I knew now using the e-cigs. They claim it gives them the satisfaction they desire. I still doubt it can match the full bodied flavor, taste and satisfaction that you get from a good Camel, Pall Mall, L&M or a Viceroy but, they claim it serves as a great substitute and it is much safer than regular tobacco smoking and, it doesn't impose on others. Most of the time they take it out, take a puff or two then put it away and, sitting right next to them I notice no smoke or tobacco odour. Seems like a good deal to me and if it saves their lungs and their health so much the better.

Oh when I saw the title "vaping" I thought this was going to be a thread about alcohol consumption by vapourization. Years ago I tried alcohol vaping and I found the vapour very tantalizing. Unlike drinking it hits fast and hard but then seems to leave the system just as fast. More like using a drug. A few hits and your bombed but then 30 minutes later you feel normal. Never tried it again though, I don;t think alcohol vapour is the best thing for the lungs.

W2NAP
06-25-2013, 02:33 PM
http://www.hoosiervapes.com/

local place where I live. they do ship not sure if they ship out of country though..

koØm
06-25-2013, 03:04 PM
I used to smoke rollies, so costs were low e.g. ~£5 for 12.5g of baccy, papers, filters.

A pack of 20 cigarettes is over £7 now I think, I havent bought any for ages, so they are *really* expensive.

So far I have spent probably £120 total on ecigs stuff, including all the stuff for DIY ejuice. Gonna have to vape for a while for it to be cost effective... not that I care too much about it, being off the real tobacco has to be worth it.

:yuck:<non-smoker>Euuu.....Nicotine.....</non-smoker>

Hello Daniel,

I don't have anything to add to this Vaping thread but, I noticed that you are from Cardiff, Wales.

I got myself hooked on the "Doc Martin" series with the actor guy Martin Clunes playing the town's resident Medical Doctor. I used my Netflix account to watch the whole series from start to end. I understand that there are plans in the works for another season; seems somewhat anti-climatic to me, he has conquered his phobia to blood, met-and-married the girl, and chased all the demons out of the seaport village. What's left?

So, what's life really like, how much did they rev up the quirkiness of the neighbors, how big of a part is fish in the diet there, did the show turn the place into a "Tourist Trap"?

OKay, I will "Back 'em on up and back 'em on down" so you fellows can continue to discuss your pleasure / poison ;).

mw0uzo
06-25-2013, 04:37 PM
:yuck:<non-smoker>Euuu.....Nicotine.....</non-smoker>

Hello Daniel,

I don't have anything to add to this Vaping thread but, I noticed that you are from Cardiff, Wales.

I got myself hooked on the "Doc Martin" series with the actor guy Martin Clunes playing the town's resident Medical Doctor. I used my Netflix account to watch the whole series from start to end. I understand that there are plans in the works for another season; seems somewhat anti-climatic to me, he has conquered his phobia to blood, met-and-married the girl, and chased all the demons out of the seaport village. What's left?

So, what's life really like, how much did they rev up the quirkiness of the neighbors, how big of a part is fish in the diet there, did the show turn the place into a "Tourist Trap"?

OKay, I will "Back 'em on up and back 'em on down" so you fellows can continue to discuss your pleasure / poison ;).

Never watched it. However there is a BBC Wales production of 'The Killing' coming soon, that should be good. In the meantime download the original

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killing_%28Danish_TV_series%29

and give that a go, its great, so is the music. Stick that in your... uh, media player and fire it up.

mw0uzo
06-25-2013, 04:49 PM
I've been under a lot of depression and stress these past several weeks so I started chewing tobacco again. Not the smokelss tobacco shit like "Skoal", I am talking about real ol' fashioned mollasses chew .

Its surprising how smokers, or consumers of nicotine use it to regulate their mood. I tried giving up many times over several years and every time my moods went haywire. I'd have periods of happiness and creativity then misery, self-destructiveness, rpt. I think I have some sort of depressive thing going on, luckily only did I let it destroy things a few times. It's in my family unfortunately, my mother and sister suffer from it. I really would like to kick the nicotine and will continue trying but have come to realise that without it the depressive side of me fucks things up and I can't stop it until the damage to <insert important aspect of your life> has been done. At least with the nicotine, the bumps and troughs are smaller and easier to deal with. And with the vaping, less lung and health damage and not stinking is a welcome bonus

WX7P
06-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Its surprising how smokers, or consumers of nicotine use it to regulate their mood. I tried giving up many times over several years and every time my moods went haywire. I'd have periods of happiness and creativity then misery, self-destructiveness, rpt. I think I have some sort of depressive thing going on, luckily only did I let it destroy things a few times. It's in my family unfortunately, my mother and sister suffer from it. I really would like to kick the nicotine and will continue trying but have come to realise that without it the depressive side of me fucks things up and I can't stop it until the damage to <insert important aspect of your life> has been done. At least with the nicotine, the bumps and troughs are smaller and easier to deal with. And with the vaping, less lung and health damage and not stinking is a welcome bonus

I can only speak from personal experience, but when I quit, I just resigned myself to the fact that my life was going to suck for a while. I had only been a tobacco user for about 4 years and I was fairly young (22) when I quit, but I still didn't feel "normal" for about 9 months to a year.

I'm glad I quit though. I don't see how people (especially low income types) handle the cost of tobacco use. I noticed today that a box of name brand smokes here in Illinois is almost 6 bucks a pack and chew is just about as much. Wow.

mw0uzo
06-26-2013, 05:51 AM
Todays 'atomiser' findings:

1) Cleaning using the vinegar method for older atomisers doesn't work. The vinegar attacks a lot of the built up crud, however it also attacks the wire in less built up places, making the wire weak and bringing closer its demise. Crud remains on the centre parts of the coil. Despite a lot of washing in water and alcohol, a vinegar taste remains, blergh.

2) Cleaning by rinsing every few days or a week in water is great for changing flavours, but does not shift the crud buildup in any significant way, so its debatable if it actually increases life by any useful amount. Perhaps a very small increase in life.

3) Examining the wire by stretching it out reveals very little wire loss from oxidation, the wire fails in isolated places where there may be small defects. This looks promising for concerns about inhaling metal, as very little will be lost given the amount of liquid that is vapourised and the tiny portions of the wire suffering. The crud buildup is likely to trap a good portion of what may be lost. Only proper tests would test this of course, but what was found seems promising. However, it is nichrome wire, neither Nickel or Chromium is going to be healthy to inhale! The wire forms a protective barrier of chromium oxide in use, I found the following on effects of Chromium Oxide:
Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation. Chromium (III) oxide is poorly absorbed into the body and, therefore, exists mostly as a "nuisance" dust.
Chronic: Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause sensitization dermatitis and possible destruction and/or ulceration. Repeated inhalation may cause chronic bronchitis. A review of studies conducted over 100 years showed no conclusive evidence for a cancer hazard among workers exposed to aerosols formed by chromium metal or Chromium (III) compounds. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has concluded that there is inadequate evidence in humans or experimental animals for the carcinogenicity of Chromium (III) compounds. The overall evaluation concluded that Chromium (III) compounds are not classifiable as to their carcinogenicity to humans.

4) Rebuilding dead atomisers is not worthwhile, it is possible to dismantle and reassemble with new wire, but it is wayyyy too fiddly given the cost of a replacement

5) The crud is easily removed by mechanical means when the wire is stretched out, i.e wiping your finger along the surface. Perhaps an ultrasonic cleaning bath would work well. I don't have one to test.

KC2UGV
06-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Best cleaning method I've found: Buy a new atomiser (One reason I used cartos). Second best method: Boiling water for 10 minutes, then let air dry for a day or two.

mw0uzo
06-26-2013, 06:48 AM
Best cleaning method I've found: Buy a new atomiser (One reason I used cartos). Second best method: Boiling water for 10 minutes, then let air dry for a day or two.

How much crud is left on the coils once you've done that? I'll try that next time :)

KC2UGV
06-26-2013, 07:03 AM
How much crud is left on the coils once you've done that? I'll try that next time :)

Well, it's been a while since I've played with atomisers, but I was able to squeeze another week of life out of them.

mw0uzo
06-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Well, it's been a while since I've played with atomisers, but I was able to squeeze another week of life out of them.

Probably the removal of weak 'crust' a few times gets some more life out of them before the 'hard crust' (lol) stops it working properly. I reckon BSO suffers from hard crust :lol:

mw0uzo
06-26-2013, 11:07 AM
The guy I'm purchasing through has 60 different flavors and strengths including Turkish, Dekang, something called French Pipe, Marlboro Red, various other popular generic brands as well as other well know brands like Newport. Then there are all the food type flavors including blueberry waffle and Worther's Originals.

I think I might get a largish order sent over from the states. Whats the strength of the flavours like? I got a few in the post today from my usual supplier and they don't taste very strong. None of the flavours I have got are. Time to try a different place.

NQ6U
06-26-2013, 11:08 AM
I reckon BSO suffers from hard crust :lol:

Que?

WX7P
06-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Que?

Not touching that one on any level...:lol:

NQ6U
06-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Not touching that one on any level...:lol:

You just did! Now you got some on you.

WX7P
06-26-2013, 12:06 PM
You just did! Now you got some on you.

EEWWW. I feel like Meryl Streep in the Kerr-McGee shower...

KG4CGC
06-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Got my dual coil cartomizer today and WOW! That thing is a real kick in the teeth.
Got some Dekang 555 24mg. That's like the 555 cigarettes. Some RY4 11 mg. That's like roll your own with a slight caramelized finish. Got the XYL her kit and Tobacco 11mg and French Vanilla 18mg.
I took 2 parts Cuban Cigar 24mg and added 1 part Tobacco 11mg, a hint of French Vanilla and a half part RY4. Now that's a nice cloud. Probably going to "send away" for some Latakia, somewhere in the 11 to 18 mg range.
Currently I'm experimenting by making an extract out of cigar leaf and 12 year Dewars scotch. I need to let the alcohol evaporate off after squeezing the flavor out of the cigars and then mix it in to an already prepared flavor like Dekang 555 at 24mg. Preliminary trials of the unevaporated alcohol and cigar flavor with already prepared extract have it at a very nice flavor but I believe the alcohol itself is breaking down the prepared liquids. Thus, why I will now let the alcohol evarporate. Yes, evarporate.
The regular faux tobacco flavors seem to lack a real tobacco taste unlike the food flavors which are quite strong. I think this is where a Latakia would shine since it is naturally very smoky in composition.

N2NH
06-26-2013, 09:56 PM
I am so glad that I stopped cold turkey on 4/1/86. $10/carton was too high for me back then and that's peanuts now. That's an expensive habit.

n2ize
06-26-2013, 10:04 PM
I can only speak from personal experience, but when I quit, I just resigned myself to the fact that my life was going to suck for a while. I had only been a tobacco user for about 4 years and I was fairly young (22) when I quit, but I still didn't feel "normal" for about 9 months to a year.

I'm glad I quit though. I don't see how people (especially low income types) handle the cost of tobacco use. I noticed today that a box of name brand smokes here in Illinois is almost 6 bucks a pack and chew is just about as much. Wow.

You think that is expensive ?? In NYC a pack of cigs can cost up to $15.00 per pack. Chew costs about 7:50 - 8.50 throughout the NY state. Don;t know how much chew costs in the city because it's hard to find it in NYC. Chew is not very popular in NYC.

mw0uzo
06-27-2013, 04:55 AM
Currently I'm experimenting by making an extract out of cigar leaf and 12 year Dewars scotch. I need to let the alcohol evaporate off after squeezing the flavor out of the cigars and then mix it in to an already prepared flavor like Dekang 555 at 24mg. Preliminary trials of the unevaporated alcohol and cigar flavor with already prepared extract have it at a very nice flavor but I believe the alcohol itself is breaking down the prepared liquids. Thus, why I will now let the alcohol evarporate. Yes, evarporate.
The regular faux tobacco flavors seem to lack a real tobacco taste unlike the food flavors which are quite strong. I think this is where a Latakia would shine since it is naturally very smoky in composition.

Sounds great, smoky whiskey with smoky tobacco leaf! (The tobacco extract I did with vodka pulled out some stuff that wouldn't vapourise, check for the liquid getting darker and more than usual crap on the atomiser, didnt taste too bad though all it needs is something to sweeten it.)

KG4CGC
06-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Sounds great, smoky whiskey with smoky tobacco leaf! (The tobacco extract I did with vodka pulled out some stuff that wouldn't vapourise, check for the liquid getting darker and more than usual crap on the atomiser, didnt taste too bad though all it needs is something to sweeten it.)

Now I'm going to let it settle together, marry, age.
Found a local retailer that's open everyday. Same prices on the hardware as the guy above but the liquids are a little more expensive but they'll mix up custom liquid right in front of you. Rode out there on the scooter, next town over, and in traffic, it takes same amount of time as taking a full on vehicle.

mw0uzo
06-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Got the 'concentrated' flavours in the post today. Some of them aren't as concentrated as you would expect. Some are though. Good thing is they're all PG based. Made two flavours this morning.

Lime, Maple, Pear and Apple - tastes good this one, need to get more flavour strength so will increase amount and add VG to maintain PG/VG ratio. Added to 24mg Cherry Cola juice for the nic for 6-8mg, tastes good a bit like a cocktail of something.
Lime, Pear and Apple - similar to above, didn't mix so well with my 24mg weakly flavoured Tobacco Royale juice. After smoking 1/4 cart, the taste seemed to improve maybe I was getting used to it.

Ok start, hope I can get the flavour strengths up.

KG4CGC
06-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have them go stout on the USA Mix. I like the clean taste and it has the right feel on my palate.
Tried a little French Pipe last night. A little bit goes a long way. Smooth and buttery palate feel.

mw0uzo
06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Strawberry, caramel toffee, cherry - nice
Apple and Pear - nice

went back to Lime, Pear, Apple + tobacco - rank! The first puff tastes like breathing in clean washing thats been sitting in a pile for too long. The rest aren't so bad.

mw0uzo
06-27-2013, 01:40 PM
hmmm i'm getting mixed up with all these cartos kicking around. I think the one that tastes like old washing is 'watered down' tobacco royale. better organise it better or i'll forget everything by monday!

mw0uzo
06-27-2013, 03:01 PM
One last go for today:

Strawberry, Caramel toffee, Cherry, Tobacco extract from mild rolling tobacco plus a few drops of vanilla - this one is actually ok. Light tobacco flavour, fruity, a bit smokey, not too sweet. No additional juice with nicotine added, been quite happily vaping this one :)

mw0uzo
06-27-2013, 04:10 PM
well I couldn't resist one more

Maple, Vanilla, Mild rolling tobacco extract and peppermint - less smoky this one, smoother.

n2ize
06-27-2013, 05:48 PM
I am so glad that I stopped cold turkey on 4/1/86. $10/carton was too high for me back then and that's peanuts now. That's an expensive habit.

That's why vaping has become popular. It captures some of the aspects of cigarettes, i.e. taste, satisfaction, etc. along with lower overall cost. Plus it's much safer, it doesn't cause the potential illnesses that smoking can cause,you can vape almost anywhere, it's modern, it's high tech. It's the 21st century way to "smoke".

Also, most mortal men cannot stop cold turkey so vaping is a great way to work themselves off nicotine. But even those just starting, or those who vape just for the taste, pleasure, satisfaction, and enjoyment it's the modern way to go.

n2ize
06-27-2013, 05:56 PM
I am waiting for Nanny Bloomberg and some of our other Nanny lawmakers to try and outlaw vaping. Think of the children !!!

WØTKX
06-27-2013, 05:57 PM
My vaporizer is called a Volcano. It works well, but it's in storage.

Till I retire, probably. Darn CDL, anyway... :rant:

KG4CGC
06-27-2013, 09:10 PM
I am waiting for Nanny Bloomberg and some of our other Nanny lawmakers to try and outlaw vaping. Think of the children !!!

This could be an issue as the feds are looking at a potential money maker.
People "vape" because it is cheaper in the long run and the equipment pays for itself within a couple of weeks depending on which set up you go with. Once the initial outlay is covered, you can keep up the habit for 20 to 30 dollars a month vs the cost of a carton in your area. Here you could spend 40 to 70 dollars on a carton depending on brand and specific location. Camel unfiltered are the very most expensive because they are made in limited supplies. Newport, the menthol are the most expensive regular top brand even though they have a cheaper non menthol out.

A couple of years ago, doctors "officially" said that vaping is just as bad if not worse that cigarettes but now their tune is changing and doctors are cognizant of the facts as the popularity increases. There are many doctors out there who are thrilled that their at risk patients are vaping. As has been noted, going from 400 known bad chemicals down to ONE. It should be noted that anti smoking organizations claim the known chemical count to be 4000.

I'm going to stick to tobacco flavors but I now have one dedicated refillable cartomizer for flavors that lean towards a sweet finish. I found a place online that claims they have a Latakia flavor. I may order it and give it a whirl.

n2ize
06-28-2013, 06:24 AM
This could be an issue as the feds are looking at a potential money maker.People "vape" because it is cheaper in the long run and the equipment pays for itself within a couple of weeks depending on which set up you go with. Once the initial outlay is covered, you can keep up the habit for 20 to 30 dollars a month vs the cost of a carton in your area. Here you could spend 40 to 70 dollars on a carton depending on brand and specific location. Camel unfiltered are the very most expensive because they are made in limited supplies. Newport, the menthol are the most expensive regular top brand even though they have a cheaper non menthol out.A couple of years ago, doctors "officially" said that vaping is just as bad if not worse that cigarettes but now their tune is changing and doctors are cognizant of the facts as the popularity increases. There are many doctors out there who are thrilled that their at risk patients are vaping. As has been noted, going from 400 known bad chemicals down to ONE. It should be noted that anti smoking organizations claim the known chemical count to be 4000.I'm going to stick to tobacco flavors but I now have one dedicated refillable cartomizer for flavors that lean towards a sweet finish. I found a place online that claims they have a Latakia flavor. I may order it and give it a whirl.Trust me. It won't be long before the lawmakers either ban vaping equipment or impose high taxes on it to bring the price in line with regular cigarettes. You have to remember, they could care less about your health. They would rather you buy and smoke regular cigarettes so they can collect revenue, even if it means more people dying from lung cancer, emphysema, etc. And, don't think for a split second that they won't give in to pressure from big tobacco as well. As far as the anti-smoking nannies go, well, they'll argue that vaping is just another form of smoking, that it's just as bad, and that it sends the message to children that smoking is safe. Vaping is getting too popular so it's just a matter of time. Expect future high taxes, warnings, bans, restrictions and more...

KG4CGC
06-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Yeah. OK John. Whatever you say.

n2ize
06-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Yeah. OK John. Whatever you say.

So you trust that the lawmakers (both democrat and republican) will do the right thing and recognize that vaping is a safe alternative and that it should not be subjected to higher taxes, bans, or restrictions and they will never give in to any possible pressure from the tobacco companies ? I am glad to hear this. It helps give me faith in the system and trust that most of our lawmakers, dem and repub alike, have our best interests ahead of all else. It helps me to feel good.

KC2UGV
06-28-2013, 10:53 AM
So you trust that the lawmakers (both democrat and republican) will do the right thing and recognize that vaping is a safe alternative and that it should not be subjected to higher taxes, bans, or restrictions and they will never give in to any possible pressure from the tobacco companies ? I am glad to hear this. It helps give me faith in the system and trust that most of our lawmakers, dem and repub alike, have our best interests ahead of all else. It helps me to feel good.

Of course not. I expect them to listen to the tobacco lobby. And, seeing as the tobacco companies are already in the vaping business, I am hard pressed why they would get rid of a new, more profitable venture:
http://www.drugfree.org/join-together/marketing-and-media/tobacco-companies-move-into-e-cigarette-business

n2ize
06-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Of course not. I expect them to listen to the tobacco lobby. And, seeing as the tobacco companies are already in the vaping business, I am hard pressed why they would get rid of a new, more profitable venture:
http://www.drugfree.org/join-together/marketing-and-media/tobacco-companies-move-into-e-cigarette-business

It seems lawmakers are already in the act.

http://www.sandiego6.com/story/state-lawmakers-moving-to-regulate-e-cigarettes-20130501

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865575027/Utah-lawmaker-introduces-tobacco-bill-as-session-nears-end.html?pg=all

This may not seem like much thus far but its sort of like a hurricane, it starts as a tropical wave that crosses a continent that nobody even notices and once it passes over Cape Verde all hell breaks loose.

KC2UGV
06-28-2013, 11:51 AM
It seems lawmakers are already in the act.

http://www.sandiego6.com/story/state-lawmakers-moving-to-regulate-e-cigarettes-20130501

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865575027/Utah-lawmaker-introduces-tobacco-bill-as-session-nears-end.html?pg=all

This may not seem like much thus far but its sort of like a hurricane, it starts as a tropical wave that crosses a continent that nobody even notices and once it passes over Cape Verde all hell breaks loose.

And, I am positive the tobacco lobby wont let it happen a second time. They've got dollars on the line here. Big dollars.

n2ize
06-28-2013, 12:14 PM
And, I am positive the tobacco lobby wont let it happen a second time. They've got dollars on the line here. Big dollars.I have been thinking of trying vaping myself as a means of curbing my appetite for chew. Since the recent tragedy in my family began I started chewing Red Man regularly again after staying away from it for well over a year or two. My urge to chew is particularly strong right after meals but during the course of the day I often find myself reaching for a plug. Only time I don;t touch it is when I am out and around civilized people, such as when I am at orchestra rehearsal. Somehow it doesn't look very good for a classical violinist to play with a hunk of chaw in his jaw and to keep spattin out terbaccy juice all over the floor during Beethoven's 5th. :lol:. I might manage to get away with it it as a country fiddler at a barn dance playing "Turkey in the Straw" or "Dem Golden Slippers", but not as a symphony performer playing classics. I am thinking vaping might be a good way to go if I have trouble tapering and quitting on my own as I have managed to do in the past. I couple puffs on the vape may give me the nicotine I want without having to reach for a plug. I would probably go for a sweet tobacco taste that is similar to ol' fashioned molasses chew.P.S. any suggestions on a decent yet inexpensive vaper ? I am also interested in a liquid that doesn't produce a dry smoky taste but rather a sweet, rich full bodied fruity tobacco taste, the kind of taste that you get from tobacco chew as opposed to burning tobacco

KG4CGC
06-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Here's what I think, John. This is posted in General Chat. If you want to discuss the socio-political ramifications of vaping, please start a thread on the topic in the proper sub forum.
Thank you and good day, sir.

WØTKX
06-28-2013, 02:43 PM
http://youtu.be/AqJf-m99K6c

http://youtu.be/AqJf-m99K6c

WØTKX
06-28-2013, 02:46 PM
http://youtu.be/DDmXaIHPatE

http://youtu.be/DDmXaIHPatE

mw0uzo
06-28-2013, 02:58 PM
I am also interested in a liquid that doesn't produce a dry smoky taste but rather a sweet, rich full bodied fruity tobacco taste, the kind of taste that you get from tobacco chew as opposed to burning tobacco

You probably won't find one that comes anything nearing chewing up a load of highly flavoured tobacco. Some juices can be really sweet, but its just not the same as rolling it all over your tongue. Neither would you want to add the smoking action to your habits - when you find a good flavour you like it can be moreish. The 'smoke' does also dry your mouth out too.

I have two vapers an Innokin iTaste VV, which is good quality (£37) but a bit girly. Also got a very cheap (£10) eGo CE5 with a nice metal finish, which works well for the price but the battery life is about half the Innokin. The clearomiser (the part that holds the liquid and atomiser) works fine, not as good as the iclear16 ones on the innokin, but quite acceptable. Also its not variable voltage, so when your atomisers get tired you can't crank the voltage up. But its good for occasional use or keeping the cost to bare minimum.

n2ize
06-28-2013, 03:08 PM
You probably won't find one that comes anything nearing chewing up a load of highly flavoured tobacco. Some juices can be really sweet, but its just not the same as rolling it all over your tongue. Neither would you want to add the smoking action to your habits - when you find a good flavour you like it can be moreish. The 'smoke' does also dry your mouth out too.

I have two vapers an Innokin iTaste VV, which is good quality (£37) but a bit girly. Also got a very cheap (£10) eGo CE5 with a nice metal finish, which works well for the price but the battery life is about half the Innokin. The clearomiser (the part that holds the liquid and atomiser) works fine, not as good as the iclear16 ones on the innokin, but quite acceptable. Also its not variable voltage, so when your atomisers get tired you can't crank the voltage up. But its good for occasional use or keeping the cost to bare minimum.

Hmmm... sounds like I might be better of just quitting chewing when I am ready. Why add a whole nother dimension to the habit. Besides, chewing, while not entirely safe, is already somewhat safer than smoking. There is also a product called "Sweedish Snu's". It's not a chewing tobacco but rather a "smokeless tobacco" that is steam cured rather than fire cured thus contains fewer carcinogens than chew that is cured over fire. From what I have read snu's are supposed to be even safer than regular chew. I suppose if I have trouble quitting I can switch over to snu's, assuming I can find a place round here that sells them.

n2ize
06-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Here's what I think, John. This is posted in General Chat. If you want to discuss the socio-political ramifications of vaping, please start a thread on the topic in the proper sub forum.
Thank you and good day, sir.

Well gee wizz. I doubt I am going to vape anyway so let's just let it go at that. Whatever happens will happen and will likely not concern me anyway.

KG4CGC
06-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Today I am looking for a double barrel, twin coil cartomizer/atomizer. These things must be primed correctly lest you burn the surrounding packing. If you do, you will have a charred burnt taste to your vape that will not go away.
Had the XYL order the Latakia liquid. I'll report back when it gets here.

mw0uzo
06-28-2013, 04:13 PM
UK govt says that ecigs will be licensed as medicinal products in 2016. This will make things very difficult for all the suppliers, surprise surprise the only company that has begun the process of certifying their ecig products is a tobacco company (http://www.vapesquad.com/uk-to-regulate-e-cigarettes-as-medical-devices/)

mw0uzo
06-28-2013, 04:17 PM
The flavours that I mixed up are suffering from a problem, they develop a burnt taste after a session. It goes away when left for a while then comes back. Not sure if its the cart i'm using, or whether its because the tobacco extract I did suffers from this badly and has left crap in the coil thats burning off.

KC2UGV
06-28-2013, 04:36 PM
UK govt says that ecigs will be licensed as medicinal products in 2016. This will make things very difficult for all the suppliers, surprise surprise the only company that has begun the process of certifying their ecig products is a tobacco company (http://www.vapesquad.com/uk-to-regulate-e-cigarettes-as-medical-devices/)

Thankfully, the FDA here in the US had to common sense to say,"They are just like cigarettes"

I was wondering who would win that fight: Pharma or Tobacco. Tobacco won that battle.

KG4CGC
06-28-2013, 10:59 PM
The flavours that I mixed up are suffering from a problem, they develop a burnt taste after a session. It goes away when left for a while then comes back. Not sure if its the cart i'm using, or whether its because the tobacco extract I did suffers from this badly and has left crap in the coil thats burning off.

Some carts must be primed correctly. Let's just say that that is the case for you. I made this same mistake with a cartomizer. Remove the virgin cartomizer and literally soak it with fluid. let the liquid drip out of the bottom then set it aside. 30 minutes later add more liquid, let drip, add a few drops more and blow through it with your mouth. Add a few more drops. Let it drip. Let it sit. it should be ready. Some are harder to prime than others. This should work for all carts that require priming.

KG4CGC
06-29-2013, 11:38 AM
I have not ordered from this site but I am checking it out.
http://www.fasttech.com/categories/1411/electronic-cigarettes
I think this is where our local dealers are ordering from and just doubling the price (or tripling in some cases) to sell to the final consumers.

KG4CGC
06-29-2013, 01:41 PM
If anyone here would care to discuss vaping in depth with other vapers worldwide, I found this forum.
Please read the rules. They want to stay on topic and are pretty strict on abuse.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum.php

WØTKX
06-30-2013, 07:38 AM
How the heck could anyone here follow those rules? Just sayin'. ;)

KG4CGC
06-30-2013, 10:07 AM
How the heck could anyone here follow those rules? Just sayin'. ;)

Vaping is serious business.

KG4CGC
06-30-2013, 02:06 PM
I think part of the issue is that the use of ecig type devices is under scrutiny from all types based on lack of knowledge. Here is a small part of the site's message.

ECFs mission is to: Provide a world class information source for the vaping (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/5144-positive-side-effects-vaping.html) community in a work and family safe environment. This core mission statement implies a lot but is pretty self explanatory.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/417836-surviving-first-contact-moderation-staff.html

There is also a lot to learn while keeping it simple for the beginner. So many choices in devices and parts for devices. So many choices in liquids and the process if you want to DIY. If you want to learn, I think this is the best place to do it.

Then there is image. People who have received positive benefits from going electronic don't want the practice of vaping to be demonized the way smoking has been. We all know how easy it is to become the scapegoat in a society of finger pointers.

KG4CGC
06-30-2013, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=Asdl0Zqpr1w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Asdl0Zqpr1w

"I believe these products have the potential to truly save lives, and make a huge difference and really be a game changer in public health." - Dr. Michael Siegel, Professor at Boston University School of Public Health

n2ize
06-30-2013, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=Asdl0Zqpr1w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Asdl0Zqpr1wBu

But think of the children. !!

KG4CGC
06-30-2013, 04:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C4Uc9VebEg&amp;feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C4Uc9VebEg&feature=player_embedded

KG4CGC
06-30-2013, 09:51 PM
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/infozone/Legal-status-of-electronic-cigarettes-in-the-usa-map

KC2UGV
07-01-2013, 06:06 AM
ECF is a pretty good forum. I joined there a while back, just to keep tabs on hardware coming out.

mw0uzo
07-01-2013, 08:09 AM

haha thats ridiculous. The battery on my innokin is rapidly degrading, when its almost gone I might rip it apart and use the fittings, electronics and fresh battery to make a 'beast'.

Turned out the burnt taste affecting the homemade juices was the tobacco extract leaving unvapable crap in the atomisers. Using them for a while without it, the taste went away.

KG4CGC
07-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Yep. Been reading up on tobacco extracts (made from actual tobacco) A light colored cigar of good lineage is what you should use. Soak in PG then nuke for 5 seconds. Squeeze out juice and then filter through a large cotton packed syringe. Mix at a rate of no more than 5 to 10% with your preferred ratios of VG/PG nic solution. This should give you the least amount of issues with build up and premature atomizer problems.

W2NAP
07-01-2013, 10:43 AM
my batteries are about shot. only got 1 left that holds up a bit. other 2 die out in about 30mins blah. batts are about 6 a piece

NQ6U
07-01-2013, 10:49 AM
My vaporizer is called a Volcano. It works well, but it's in storage.

Here's a picture of it:

http://www.swisseduc.ch/stromboli/perm/krakatau/icons-storm-stars/anak-krakatau-2009-storm-mf2233.jpg

You wouldn't believe his monthly storage bill.

KG4CGC
07-01-2013, 12:11 PM
my batteries are about shot. only got 1 left that holds up a bit. other 2 die out in about 30mins blah. batts are about 6 a piece

Are you using a cig-a-like?

W2NAP
07-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Are you using a cig-a-like?

more like cigar-a-like uses the imr 18350's

KG4CGC
07-01-2013, 12:36 PM
more like cigar-a-like uses the imr 18350's

Check out the Fast Tech link I posted. You could probably order enough batteries for years.
In the meantime, try using your USB to power your carts. USB (red and black only) a switch and your carto holder. Viola!
Save the batteries you have left for when you're on the go.

W2NAP
07-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Check out the Fast Tech link I posted. You could probably order enough batteries for years.
In the meantime, try using your USB to power your carts. USB (red and black only) a switch and your carto holder. Viola!
Save the batteries you have left for when you're on the go.

mine dont have USB, have to unscrew the end slide batt out slap it in charger put the fresh one in.
http://www.hoosiervapes.com/HVB-Tube-only_p_125.html
Similar to what I have (I have older version)
i get all my stuff from local store which sells the hoosier vapes stuff. (local company) only downside is he only runs these type of kits for so long then he obsoletes them when he comes out with new mods

mw0uzo
07-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Three mild cigars stewing in PG at ~35-40 degrees. Leave it a couple of weeks?

KG4CGC
07-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Three mild cigars stewing in PG at ~35-40 degrees. Leave it a couple of weeks?

You can do instant PG extracts with the microwave method. About 5 seconds for a shot glass sized batch. Then squeeze and strain. Then mix at 5 to 10% with your favorite VG/PG ratio and nic solution.

WX7P
07-02-2013, 08:17 PM

What is the digital display for?

KG4CGC
07-02-2013, 08:50 PM
What is the digital display for?

It reads voltage, wattage and battery status. Many of these units can be adjusted.

K7SGJ
07-04-2013, 12:18 PM
It reads voltage, wattage and battery status. Many of these units can be adjusted.

You still have to calculate resistance.

R=V*V/P

Shit, since resistance is futile, lets just roll a big fat doobie instead.

WX7P
07-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Shit, since resistance is futile, lets just roll a big fat doobie instead.

Yer damn skippy..

KG4CGC
07-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Futility is resistant. Prepare to be laminated.
~Dyslexia of Gorb

W7XF
07-04-2013, 04:16 PM
DAYAMMM he is HAWT

KG4CGC
07-04-2013, 04:18 PM
DAYAMMM he is HAWT

Maybe that phallic thing he's holding just makes him appear that way. LOL! I kid! I kid!

mw0uzo
07-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Maybe that phallic thing he's holding just makes him appear that way. LOL! I kid! I kid!

brings a whole new dimension to blowing smoke rings

KG4CGC
07-07-2013, 07:06 PM
My cigar extract came out well. Added it to the Camel imitator called, Desert Ship. On its own it has way too much vanilla. I added a few small drops of cigar extract made with PG and an OpusX. It works! Now the desert Ship tastes more like a cig with cigar notes.

Extracting some Drum right now. This should be interesting.

WØTKX
07-07-2013, 07:08 PM
What's next, Bugler? ;)

KG4CGC
07-07-2013, 07:15 PM
What's next, Bugler? ;)

The Buge? If I get a hair to then yes. Bugler makes a premium blend, if I can find it, that I might like to use. Actually, I have considered some Odin Snus. "Pasteurized" mouth tobacco meaning it has very low levels of carcinogenic crap both naturally occurring and of the additive type. Regular chew or dip has WAAAAAY too much shisto to even consider. The cigar extracts come out pretty clean. The PG (propylene glycol) method is good to use because it extracts out most only flavor. This is better than an alcohol method which would extract EVERYTHING. Soaking in water also extracts too much other stuff.

mw0uzo
07-08-2013, 03:45 AM
Not tried my cigar extract yet, its been sitting in the heat for a little while now. Will try some very soon to see what flavour has been extracted. If its not very strong then its going in the microwave :)

mw0uzo
07-08-2013, 05:41 AM
just zapped it in the microwave..... owwww HOT!

mw0uzo
07-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Ok my first mix didn't go well. 0.25ml vanilla, 1ml strawberry, 2ml VG, 1ml cigar juice. Tasted too much of stawberry and kept leaking out of atty, dunno whether it was the mix ratio, atty or heat (its ****ing hot here today). Annoying juice everywhere.

So went back to basics. 50/50 cigar juice and VG. This is much much better. Tastes smokey, but not particularly strong. Maybe another zap in the microwave required. Step in the right direction at least, gonna smoke 1/2 small clearomiser of it and see what gunk is left behind.

mw0uzo
07-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Only very small amount of gunk left behind and small change in taste as the last of it is smoked. Success?

KG4CGC
07-08-2013, 12:54 PM
just zapped it in the microwave..... owwww HOT!

Everything I've read about this method, no more that 10 seconds total in two 5 second periods. If it is hot to the touch then you're doing harm. Small batch, nuke 5 seconds, macerate. Nuke again 5 secs, macerate, let sit for 30 minutes, strain liquid. You're done.
Now let it settle for about 3 hours before mixing to taste. If you don't like the way it tastes now, let it sit for another week and test it again.
Have you been to the site I posted. It's huge and it's worldwide. There's a UK section for UK specific things.

KG4CGC
07-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Tested the Drum in PG extract and it is much more subtle than I expected. Going to let this one set up for a while. Maybe a week, maybe 2.

WX7P
07-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Everything I've read about this method, no more that 10 seconds total in two 5 second periods. If it is hot to the touch then you're doing harm. Small batch, nuke 5 seconds, macerate. Nuke again 5 secs, macerate, let sit for 30 minutes, strain liquid. You're done.
Now let it settle for about 3 hours before mixing to taste. If you don't like the way it tastes now, let it sit for another week and test it again.
Have you been to the site I posted. It's huge and it's worldwide. There's a UK section for UK specific things.

Macerate?

Hmmmmm. Kinky.

KG4CGC
07-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Yes, m'aam. Macerate.

NQ6U
07-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Mutual maceration? I don't see any problem with that as long as it's between consenting adults.

KG4CGC
07-08-2013, 08:55 PM
So, no one has seen Julia Child macerate on television?

K7SGJ
07-08-2013, 09:37 PM
I thought she was making salad dressing.

NQ6U
07-08-2013, 11:06 PM
So, no one has seen Julia Child macerate on television?

I didn't think they'd allow that on PBS.

mw0uzo
07-09-2013, 06:57 AM

I think I've overcooked it :/ Liquid is darkening with burnt taste developing, so too much has been extracted, from the cigars. Should have tried it before nuking. BAH!
I did check out the website looks great, good prices too :)

KG4CGC
07-09-2013, 12:20 PM
I think I've overcooked it :/ Liquid is darkening with burnt taste developing, so too much has been extracted, from the cigars. Should have tried it before nuking. BAH!
I did check out the website looks great, good prices too :)

Learning curve. Go light is the mantra here. Too much dark and too much dark tobacco will tend to crud the coils. A coil sans wick can be dry burned to remove crud but a coil and wick must be taken apart, coil burned and rewicked. Disposables should be relegated to single flavors, IMO. I use an EVOD for testing flavors. Easy maintenance and they don't hold flavors from your last liquid when changing flavors. Simple atomizer screws and unscrews off the tank. Easy peasy and it can be dry burned, carefully.

K9CCH
07-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Vaping - electronic cigarettes. Been using them for over a month not touched a single cigarette. 2 weeks in I threw away all my rolling papers, left over tobacco etc. I use the larger type with bigger batteries and cartridges, they produce plenty of 'smoke'. I'm converted. Anyone else using them?

Its how I quit nearly three years ago.

My partner still uses his. We get all his stuff at http://vaporescence.com/

KG4CGC
07-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Bumping this one.
Made some extract out of some lightly sweet pipe tobacco, Swedish snus and a little cigar. The snus helps give it a little smokiness and the little bit of cigar adds some body. Mixed the extract with 70%pg/30%vg @ 18 nic.

ka4dpo
07-30-2013, 08:43 AM
I quit smoking a long time ago but it took me several tries over more than two years to finally do it. I tried patches and gum and those stupid lozenges but none of them worked. Finally I just got fed up, threw the pack away and never smoked again. My brother stopped smoking using electronic cigs but now he is hooked on them and claims they have more nicotine than regular cigarettes.

I don't really mind the smell of real tobacco as long as I'm not in a closed space but cigarettes are poison and I have to wonder how safe the electonic cigarettes are since you don't really know what chemicals are in them or if heating them changes them into something nasty.

mw0uzo
07-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Bumping this one.
Made some extract out of some lightly sweet pipe tobacco, Swedish snus and a little cigar. The snus helps give it a little smokiness and the little bit of cigar adds some body. Mixed the extract with 70%pg/30%vg @ 18 nic.

Interesting! Had to look up what Swedish snus was. I'm going to make an order with fasttech soon, just waiting to get low on nicotine juice, got 10-20ml left so that won't be long. Been adding a few drops of flavouring here and there to each clearomiser refill, also settled on preferring 50/50 mix. So many ecigs to choose from, leaning towards types with replaceable battery and telescoping battery compartments.

mw0uzo
07-30-2013, 10:14 AM
What clearomisers/cartos do people use? I've found the CE4/5 and iClear 16 to be a little weak, the driptip thread works loose, the plastic works its way out of the base, even had a small crack in the bottom of one start to leak. I think I'll go for a strong metal one with minimal plastic next time.

KC2UGV
07-30-2013, 10:15 AM
I use metal shorty 1.7 Ohm cartos.

KG4CGC
07-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Dual coil drip tank and a dual coil with large area of wadding. The CE4s are OK if you get a good one but Kanger is offering a high quality dual coil tank and even some made of Pyrex.

K9CCH
08-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Bumping this one.

This was one of my original favorites. It tastes almost as what you're describing above.

http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/shop/smoke-juice/red-oak-tennessee-cured.html

KG4CGC
08-09-2013, 04:33 AM
Earlier I posted a video of a study of international scientists done in Italy. Here is a report source CASAA and Drexel University.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/casaa-new-study-confirms-that-chemicals-in-electronic-cigarettes-pose-minimal-health-risk-218843731.html

PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- E-cigarette users can breathe a little easier today. A study just released by Professor Igor Burstyn, Drexel University School of Public Health, confirms that chemicals in electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) pose no health concern for users or bystanders. This is the first definitive study of e-cigarette chemistry, and finds that there are no health concerns based on generally accepted exposure limits.

n2ize
08-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Earlier I posted a video of a study of international scientists done in Italy. Here is a report source CASAA and Drexel University.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/casaa-new-study-confirms-that-chemicals-in-electronic-cigarettes-pose-minimal-health-risk-218843731.html

Try explaining that to the Ban Man in NYC.

N2NH
08-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Yah, Mayor Mikey in NYC is turning this political. He is crusading to have it banned within the confines of the Kingdom of Mikey.

God I'm glad I moved. That guy was making me crazy. He also, without any warning, destroyed a landmark pedestrian bridge at W. 8th St in Coney Island/Gravesend. Fix it? Heck no! Tear it down. That isn't my Brooklyn anymore. I should make up a NYS version of SY's old "Bite Me" license plate.

KG4CGC
08-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Ban Man Bloombie is, once again, in the minority. The science is coming out. Besides that, e-cigs are not tobacco products.
http://blog.casaa.org/2013/04/call-to-action-new-york-city-ordinances.html

WØTKX
08-09-2013, 02:39 PM
http://youtu.be/QgL1hEX-7Gs

http://youtu.be/QgL1hEX-7Gs

n2ize
08-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Its how I quit nearly three years ago.

My partner still uses his. We get all his stuff at http://vaporescence.com/

My weakness is chew. I love the taste of a fresh plug of "Red Man". Especially after meals. Unfortunately vaping can't replace a good chew.

n2ize
08-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Yah, Mayor Mikey in NYC is turning this political. He is crusading to have it banned within the confines of the Kingdom of Mikey.

God I'm glad I moved. That guy was making me crazy. He also, without any warning, destroyed a landmark pedestrian bridge at W. 8th St in Coney Island/Gravesend. Fix it? Heck no! Tear it down. That isn't my Brooklyn anymore. I should make up a NYS version of SY's old "Bite Me" license plate.

That's why I'm not moving to NYC when I retire as I originally planned. Instead I am heading up North as far as I can go. In 8 or 9 years (God willing) I'll be a lot closer to the Arctic ocean than to the Atlantic.

KG4CGC
08-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Recent talk in the vape world. What will the FDA do? Expecting to hear something one way or the other in October.

http://casaa.org/deeming_regulations.html

n2ize
08-27-2013, 02:26 AM
Of course we can't say for sure but I think this might speak volumes...

The FDA could choose to subject e-cigarette manufacturers and retailers to prohibitive registration paperwork, manufacturing requirements and user fees that could be unattainable for all but the largest companies. Manufacturing requirements and adulteration provisions could be reasonable or could severely limit the effectiveness of the products for consumers, such as prohibiting flavors other than tobacco and menthol, limiting nicotine content to extremely low levels and/or only allowing pre-filled, sealed cartridges to be sold. We simply won't know for certain until the FDA releases the actual proposed regulations.

In other words wipe out the smaller companies, and limit it to the big tobacco moguls, or else regulate the product into oblivion.

n2ize
08-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Speaking of vaping I tried a few smoke flavour carts on the EonSmoke. I like them, Good flavour and I actually get satisfaction. I also found it's pretty easy to open the end caps on the spent carts which means I may be able to refill them. I am also going to learn to make my own liquids. I want to be prepared for if/when the FDA regulates them into oblivion.

K7SGJ
08-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Speaking of vaping I tried a few smoke flavour carts on the EonSmoke. I like them, Good flavour and I actually get satisfaction. I also found it's pretty easy to open the end caps on the spent carts which means I may be able to refill them. I am also going to learn to make my own liquids. I want to be prepared for if/when the FDA regulates them into oblivion.

Have you tried diesel?

n2ize
08-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Have you tried diesel?

No, but it sounds like a good brand name. Imagine saying, "I smoke Diesels".

KC2UGV
08-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Of course we can't say for sure but I think this might speak volumes...

In other words wipe out the smaller companies, and limit it to the big tobacco moguls, or else regulate the product into oblivion.

Too late. The proverbial "cat is out of the bag" in this case.

It's not like tobacco, where only large plantation owners can grow it. I can buy all the requisite products on Amazon to make my own liquid (Most of the components are food products). I can buy all the hardware to build a battery from Digikey.

The only component there is a chance in hell of regulating is the nicotine liquid itself, but then again, are we going to put tax stamps on various insecticides?

n2ize
09-01-2013, 04:17 AM
Too late. The proverbial "cat is out of the bag" in this case.

It's not like tobacco, where only large plantation owners can grow it. I can buy all the requisite products on Amazon to make my own liquid (Most of the components are food products). I can buy all the hardware to build a battery from Digikey.

The only component there is a chance in hell of regulating is the nicotine liquid itself, but then again, are we going to put tax stamps on various insecticides?

Yeah, but they can make life very difficult for most people who either don't have the ingenuity or time to do it yourself and make their own. It's just like the FDA regulating high power laser pointers. Technically, according to FDA rules you are not supposed to sell, import, or posses a laser pointer with a power greater than 5mW. But many people get around that a number of ways. The law specifically says "laser pointers" so some people make portable "lasers" not meant to be used or considered "pointers". Second, most Chinese websites will just ship you one, label it as a "flashlight" and the odds are 99% it will go right through customs and be delivered by your friendly neighborhood postman, (unless you live in Australia which is exceptionally strict and has a < 1 MW max power limit). Other companies will ship it to you in parts because parts (components) are neither illegal nor regulated. They just break the laser into 2 separate packages and you just screw them together when you get them. Each part separately is 100% legal. Finally, you can just buy the components and assemble the high powered pointer yourself. Most, if not all the components can be purchased legally, or salvaged from electronic equipment (like DVD/BluRay drives) and then assembled into a flashlight case. So yeah, if you have the ingenuity, time, patience you can easily skirt the ban. Same is true for e-cigs should harsh restrictions come down. But in both cases most people lack the ingenuity, time, etc. The FDA hardly cares about the few who can DYI a homebrew e-cig or a homebrew high power pocket laser.

I suspect that even if the FDA were to heavily censor e-cigs they would also still be readily available from your favorite Chinese on line web store and they'll happily ship to you direct from China and I doubt they care what the FDA thinks.

KC2UGV
09-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Yeah, but they can make life very difficult for most people who either don't have the ingenuity or time to do it yourself and make their own. It's just like the FDA regulating high power laser pointers. Technically, according to FDA rules you are not supposed to sell, import, or posses a laser pointer with a power greater than 5mW. But many people get around that a number of ways. The law specifically says "laser pointers" so some people make portable "lasers" not meant to be used or considered "pointers". Second, most Chinese websites will just ship you one, label it as a "flashlight" and the odds are 99% it will go right through customs and be delivered by your friendly neighborhood postman, (unless you live in Australia which is exceptionally strict and has a < 1 MW max power limit). Other companies will ship it to you in parts because parts (components) are neither illegal nor regulated. They just break the laser into 2 separate packages and you just screw them together when you get them. Each part separately is 100% legal. Finally, you can just buy the components and assemble the high powered pointer yourself. Most, if not all the components can be purchased legally, or salvaged from electronic equipment (like DVD/BluRay drives) and then assembled into a flashlight case. So yeah, if you have the ingenuity, time, patience you can easily skirt the ban. Same is true for e-cigs should harsh restrictions come down. But in both cases most people lack the ingenuity, time, etc. The FDA hardly cares about the few who can DYI a homebrew e-cig or a homebrew high power pocket laser.

I suspect that even if the FDA were to heavily censor e-cigs they would also still be readily available from your favorite Chinese on line web store and they'll happily ship to you direct from China and I doubt they care what the FDA thinks.

I get what you're saying, but I think it's just nigh impossible at this point. Too many vendors, and too easy to DIY it. They could try to regulate it, but it'd be akin to the FCC trying to regulate "Import Restricted" radios for CB band.

KG4CGC
09-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Don't you get it? Regulation would only be a burden for those without ultra deep pockets. Mom & Pop.
Big Tobacco has bought the major cig-a-likes. They would be the only ones capable of complying with ultra rigorous regulations.

KC2UGV
09-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Don't you get it? Regulation would only be a burden for those without ultra deep pockets. Mom & Pop.
Big Tobacco has bought the major cig-a-likes. They would be the only ones capable of complying with ultra rigorous regulations.

And, do you think Big Tobacco would let anything cut into their profits? Even a simple stamp tax?

Hardly.

They wont let the horse out of the barn on this one. A simple stamp tax might lead to 50 years of profits. But, it would kill the industry as a whole by then. No siree! They'll deal with keeping the small shops out of gas stations, and rake in their gas station shopper there.

KG4CGC
09-02-2013, 12:12 AM
And, do you think Big Tobacco would let anything cut into their profits? Even a simple stamp tax?

Hardly.

They wont let the horse out of the barn on this one. A simple stamp tax might lead to 50 years of profits. But, it would kill the industry as a whole by then. No siree! They'll deal with keeping the small shops out of gas stations, and rake in their gas station shopper there.

OK. That's not the point I'm arguing. So, yeah. What you said.

n2ize
09-04-2013, 08:54 PM
I bought a pack of stronger tobacco flavour cartoids today. Now I am getting some flavor and satisfaction. This vaping actually works. I am hardly chewing any tobacco.

K7SGJ
09-04-2013, 09:10 PM
I bought a pack of stronger tobacco flavour cartoids today. Now I am getting some flavor and satisfaction. This vaping actually works. I am hardly chewing any tobacco.

Have you tried chewing the cartoids?

NA4BH
11-10-2013, 02:47 AM
I tried the BLU and N Joy, both sucked. Switched over to the Green Smoke brand and have been very pleased with them. I have cut my regular smoking by over half, working for zero. Here is a coupon for Green Smoke (http://greensmoke.refr.cc/QJTLLNR) that will get you $10.00 of your order.

KG4CGC
11-10-2013, 05:07 AM
I tried the BLU and N Joy, both sucked. Switched over to the Green Smoke brand and have been very pleased with them. I have cut my regular smoking by over half, working for zero. Here is a coupon for Green Smoke (http://greensmoke.refr.cc/QJTLLNR) that will get you $10.00 of your order.

I'm rebuilding the heads that go inside the Kanger tanks. Kanthal wire 32ga and silica wick.
Next I want to get a bigger battery with voltage and wattage control device.

NQ6U
11-10-2013, 12:24 PM
I powered mine with Harley engine driving a 160 amp Leece Nevill truck alternator. Vapes the entire house in seconds.

K7SGJ
11-10-2013, 01:25 PM
I powered mine with Harley engine driving a 160 amp Leece Nevill truck alternator. Vapes the entire house in seconds.

Hello

kb2vxa
11-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Did you? Did you REALLY?

N8YX
02-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Bump.

'DSG recently picked up vaping as an alternative to Hershey Kisses and similar treats. She doesn't use nicotine-bearing juice, but instead prefers such things as cinnamon and sugar cookie.

I have one of her hand-me-down batteries and cartomizers with me at the moment. It's filled with cinammon and helps clear my sinuses...at least it gives the impression of such. I view the e-cig as I used to do my pipes - might reach for a puff of flavor if the notion strikes me but I don't crave it like a smoker does real cigarettes.

N2CHX
02-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Bump.

'DSG recently picked up vaping as an alternative to Hershey Kisses and similar treats. She doesn't use nicotine-bearing juice, but instead prefers such things as cinnamon and sugar cookie.

I have one of her hand-me-down batteries and cartomizers with me at the moment. It's filled with cinammon and helps clear my sinuses...at least it gives the impression of such. I view the e-cig as I used to do my pipes - might reach for a puff of flavor if the notion strikes me but I don't crave it like a smoker does real cigarettes.

Is it really working for her? When did she start this? When I'm coding, which I now do for a living full time, I tend to snack way too freaking much.

N8YX
02-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Is it really working for her? When did she start this? When I'm coding, which I now do for a living full time, I tend to snack way too freaking much.

It seems to be working for her, Kelli. She started about a month ago and is as bad WRT atomizers, batteries and juice as I used to be with the collection of pipes I once owned.

Some folk will use the devices as a replacement for a traditional cigarette and others will use them to get a taste of flavor without calories. If you're not inclined to smoke in the traditional sense these things may not be a bad way to get your oral craving satisfied. Be mindful of any changes in your mouth (especially your tongue) when using them.

Of course, the FDA's jury is still out...

W2NAP
02-16-2014, 03:47 PM
i have grown to like the mount baker vanilla 50/50 pg/vg

KG4CGC
12-14-2014, 10:52 AM
2. FQPA Safety Factor
The FQPA Safety Factor (as required by the Food Quality Protection Act of 1996) is intended to provide an additional 10-fold safety factor (10X), to protect for special sensitivity in infants and children to specific pesticide residues in food, drinking water, or residential exposures, or to compensate for an incomplete database. The FQPA Safety Factor has been removed (i.e., reduced to 1X) for propylene glycol and dipropylene glycol because there is no pre- or post-natal evidence for increased susceptibility following exposure. Further, the Agency has concluded that there are no endpoints of concern for oral, dermal, or inhalation exposure to propylene glycol and dipropylene glycol based on the low toxicity observed in studies conducted near or above testing limit doses as established in the OPPTS 870 series harmonized test guidelines. Therefore, quantitative risk assessment was not conducted for propylene glycol and dipropylene glycol.

http://mnvapers.com/2014/04/epa-fda-vapor-harmless-children/

KC2UGV
12-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Not to mention, hospitals insert propylene glycol into the atmo for it's mild anti-bacterial properties.

n2ize
12-15-2014, 05:44 AM
But think of the children !! If they see an adult vaping they copy the behavior. Then they'll switch to cigarettes, then to marijuana, and then... to ( dare I say) heroin !! :snicker:

NQ6U
12-15-2014, 05:47 AM
But think of the children !! If they see an adult vaping they copy the behavior. Then they'll switch to cigarettes, then to marijuana, and then... to ( dare I say) heroin !! :snicker:

Then, when they've gone as low as they can go with drugs, they'll—dare I say it?—become amateur radio ops. This country is doomed, DOOMED, I tell you!

n2ize
12-15-2014, 05:51 AM
Then, when they've gone as low as they can go with drugs, they'll—dare I say it?—become amateur radio ops. This country is doomed, DOOMED, I tell you!

Oh no... it's worst than I thought... Degrading all the way down to amateur (aka "ham") radio ops. Now that is a low and rock bottom as one can go !! :lol:

Today innocent children, tomorrow overweight adults who never bathe hanging out on 14.313. :snicker:

KG4CGC
12-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Oh no... it's worst than I thought... Degrading all the way down to amateur (aka "ham") radio ops. Now that is a low and rock bottom as one can go !! :lol:

Today innocent children, tomorrow overweight adults who never bathe hanging out on 14.313. :snicker:

It all starts with ... giving children chewing gum.

W2NAP
12-16-2014, 02:36 PM

who gnu?

w0aew
12-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Compare your costs to the price of a new set of lungs.

NQ6U
12-17-2014, 12:21 PM
It all starts with ... giving children chewing gum.

No, it's pool. Ask Robert Preston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Oe-jtgdI