PDA

View Full Version : Have to love holiday weekends.

KB3LAZ
06-22-2013, 09:28 AM
A four day weekend seems to be such a blessing these days. The good thing is that there are a lot of four day weekends in Spain. I dont know why but being in a classroom all day is more tiring than doing physical work...

Anyway, a nice start to a nice day. Last week was my wife's birthday and I took her out, got her a present, etc. However, her main preset was put off for this weekend. That just so happened to be a spa circuit. 20 minutes each, Jacuzzi, Turkish bath, and relaxing in a candle lit room with a LED covered black ceiling made to emulate a star filled sky. This included a bottle of Cava and some chocolates. After which we partook in a Scottish shower. ...Ah...relaxation.

Before all of this we went out for a nice breakfast and coffee. After the Spa trip we had lunch, washed the car, and went shopping. Now to be lazy the rest of the weekend.

Not field day but an enjoyable weekend nonetheless.

WX7P
06-22-2013, 09:33 AM
A four day weekend seems to be such a blessing these days. The good thing is that there are a lot of four day weekends in Spain. I dont know why but being in a classroom all day is more tiring than doing physical work...

Anyway, a nice start to a nice day. Last week was my wife's birthday and I took her out, got her a present, etc. However, her main preset was put off for this weekend. That just so happened to be a spa circuit. 20 minutes each, Jacuzzi, Turkish bath, and relaxing in a candle lit room with a LED covered black ceiling made to emulate a star filled sky. This included a bottle of Cava and some chocolates. After which we partook in a Scottish shower. ...Ah...relaxation.

Before all of this we went out for a nice breakfast and coffee. After the Spa trip we had lunch, washed the car, and went shopping. Now to be lazy the rest of the weekend.

Not field day but an enjoyable weekend nonetheless.

If I was there, I think it might be fun to hear Field Day in action. It's probably nothing but a cacophony of noise, as most of the stations are 100 w or less.

I suspect hearing the States is probably passe for you at this point.

You could wig out some club station by signing KB3LAZ/EA2 or 1 whatever it is.

N2NH
06-22-2013, 09:44 AM
They should all be 4 day weekends. We only get the crappy 3 day ones and none here until Labor Day.
Hey, what am I talking about. I'm retired. All weekends are 7 days long. ;)

KB3LAZ
06-22-2013, 10:10 AM
If I was there, I think it might be fun to hear Field Day in action. It's probably nothing but a cacophony of noise, as most of the stations are 100 w or less.

I suspect hearing the States is probably passe for you at this point.

You could wig out some club station by signing KB3LAZ/EA2 or 1 whatever it is.

:P No field day for me. I have no gear here. I have a table top receiver (sony) with a whip antenna, lol. The spa is a nice second place prize tough.