PDA

View Full Version : Wensleydale Railway 2012 Steam Trains.

N2NH
06-20-2013, 12:48 AM
These are the coolest British trains. Real vintage stuff and in great shape.

http://youtu.be/B-1QwicBAyA

NQ6U
06-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Way cool locos, too bad they had to tack those diesels on at the rear. British locomotives are quite beautiful compared to most American locos of the same period but I have to profess a preference for our five-chime whistles over the little one-note tea pot jobs the Brits used.

n2ize
06-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Way cool locos, too bad they had to tack those diesels on at the rear. British locomotives are quite beautiful compared to most American locos of the same period but I have to profess a preference for our five-chime whistles over the little one-note tea pot jobs the Brits used.

I prefer the American locomotives. Much classier in my opinion. But these days America replaced its loco motives with crazy motives.

N2NH
06-20-2013, 10:41 PM

Interestingly, when the City of New York finally built their Subway, the first cars had a very similar whistle. The BMT had horns but not the IND.

I prefer the American locomotives. Much classier in my opinion. But these days America replaced its loco motives with crazy motives.

We could sure use a bit of steam. Hopefully instead of using a fireman to shovel in the coal, they could use an automatic feeder.

http://youtu.be/TSobm9237hU

K7SGJ
06-30-2013, 06:23 PM
These are the coolest British trains. Real vintage stuff and in great shape.

http://youtu.be/B-1QwicBAyA

Kinda resembles Thomas.

kb2vxa
06-30-2013, 11:02 PM
"Way cool locos, too bad they had to tack those diesels on at the rear."
Americans are worse, more often than not the protection Diesel is right behind the tender rather ruining the effect. In case you're wondering, the Diesel has modern equipment for mainline running the old steamers lack unless they're modified or the only one built with it at the works, A1 Locomotive Trust's Class A1 Pacific 60163 Tornado. BTW it's not needed on private railways so the steamers are 100% original but there's another reason why there may be a Diesel on the hind end. If there's no turntable or wye at the other end of the track for the loco to turn around how's the train going to get back? Betcha didn't think of THAT now didja? (;->)

"Hopefully instead of using a fireman to shovel in the coal, they could use an automatic feeder."
It's called an automatic stoker, a fireman with a coal scoop can't shovel fast enough or long enough to keep the big ones fueled. You may be an Istanbul expert but you've got a lot to learn about steam locomotives. (;->)

Two photos of England's only brand new (bld 2008) damn, 2008 and only A1 Pacific Class extant... (Sir Nigel Gresley would swell with pride) Tornado. I'll bet you never saw a locomotive in grey primer before, and here it is motive power on HRH Prince of Wales, the Royal Train. The queen has her coronation carriage you see rather often but her son has a TRAIN, eat your heart out Liz. (;->)

N2NH
07-01-2013, 10:45 PM
"Hopefully instead of using a fireman to shovel in the coal, they could use an automatic feeder."
It's called an automatic stoker, a fireman with a coal scoop can't shovel fast enough or long enough to keep the big ones fueled. You may be an Istanbul expert but you've got a lot to learn about steam locomotives. (;->)

I couldn't remember the name for that. My first thought was automatic fireman, but I knew that wasn't it. :lol:

kb2vxa
07-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Well, you're right about that, THIS is an automatic fireman.

N2NH
07-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Well, you're right about that, THIS is an automatic fireman.

I thought it was a water teat. ;)

K7SGJ
07-04-2013, 11:10 AM
I couldn't remember the name for that. My first thought was automatic fireman, but I knew that wasn't it. :lol:

It was first used on the European Vampire Express. It was invented by a guy named Bram, hence the Bram Stoker was born, or turned, or whatever.........

N2NH
07-04-2013, 11:35 AM
It was first used on the European Vampire Express. It was invented by a guy named Bram, hence the Bram Stoker was born, or turned, or whatever.........

Ya had me for a second there...
:lol: