PDA

View Full Version : Failbook

N2CHX
06-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Anyone else getting the "Sorry, something went wrong" error message? Been down for quite a while, as is the downrightnow.com site, so I can't look up the status of it lol

Maybe it's a good excuse to finally ditch FB.

KG4CGC
06-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Anyone else getting the "Sorry, something went wrong" error message? Been down for quite a while, as is the downrightnow.com site, so I can't look up the status of it lol

It's not FB's fault. Not really unless they're not doing proper upkeep to battle China snoops and the NSA. What am I talking about? Right? FB is fertile ground for NSA snoops.

koØm
06-18-2013, 08:21 PM

Try a different Browser.

BTW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deUHghCa5ho

Hit it Kelli.

Bubba
06-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Don’t worry, its just down long enough for the NSA to download all of your postings. No worries, nothing to see here. lol...

Bubba
06-18-2013, 09:30 PM
It's not FB's fault. Not really unless they're not doing proper upkeep to battle China snoops and the NSA. What am I talking about? Right? FB is fertile ground for NSA snoops.
:plusone: :iagree:

N2CHX
06-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Don’t worry, its just down long enough for the NSA to download all of your postings. No worries, nothing to see here. lol...

VE7DCW
06-18-2013, 10:09 PM
The U.S. government spies on it's own citizens?? .....I find that hard to believe..... :snooty:

Sarcasm comes easily to us Canajuns...... :rofl:

WX7P
06-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Maybe I'm just an online luddite, but no Facebook here.

Don't intend to EVER sign up.

Bubba
06-18-2013, 11:08 PM
KKM, It that your permanent avatar now. I thought you were just turning around to make a point.

KJ3N
06-18-2013, 11:11 PM

No one ever INTENDS to sign up. Most get sucked into it because of family members.

WX7P
06-18-2013, 11:21 PM
No one ever INTENDS to sign up. Most get sucked into it because of family members.

Agreed, and I've had that argument used mostly from Sarah's side of the family.

Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent.

KJ3N
06-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Agreed, and I've had that argument used mostly from Sarah's side of the family.

Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent.

I gave up worrying about my privacy online a LONG time ago. Plus, I've never really given a fuck in the first place. If you're that interested in MY online activities, you've got less of a life than I do.

WX7P
06-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Plus, I've never really given a fuck in the first place. If you're that interested in MY online activities, you've got less of a life than I do.

Well, there is that. :lol:

I've always thought the "look at me" aspect of Facebook was a little weird.

KJ3N
06-18-2013, 11:38 PM
I've always thought the "look at me" aspect of Facebook was a little weird.

Oh, there's plenty of narcissism on FB to be sure. Depends on how you use it. I rarely post much more than the occasional photo or political article.

I find TWITter to be even more narcissistic than FB, quite frankly.

N2CHX
06-19-2013, 05:27 AM

I wish I hadn't. Now I'm mostly on there because it's how I keep in contact with some people, I maintain a business page, and I post pictures of cats and urban exploration that no one ever looks at :lol:

KKM, It that your permanent avatar now. I thought you were just turning around to make a point.

Nothing is ever permanent. I simply haven't chosen a new one yet. :-P

For me it was a friend who was in college at the time. Before that it was MySpace, because I had a radio show and everyone on the radio had a MySpace page :roll:

I gave up worrying about my privacy online a LONG time ago. Plus, I've never really given a fuck in the first place. If you're that interested in MY online activities, you've got less of a life than I do.

Yep, same here. As I said, enjoy the pictures of cats.

Oh, there's plenty of narcissism on FB to be sure. Depends on how you use it. I rarely post much more than the occasional photo or political article.

Oh gawd I HATE twitter. I've tried it numerous times, always because it was recommended for promoting business. I just can't do it.

ki4itv
06-19-2013, 07:34 AM

That's pretty much my line of thought on this...
Besides, I spent years wishing computers and inter-connectivity would become as it is today. Right from the time I got my first ZX80 in 1980. So, I'm hardly going to sit this one out. :)

KG4NEL
06-19-2013, 08:47 AM

I signed up in 2004 :dunno:

But then again, it was colleges-only back then...you whippersnappers.

KG4NEL
06-19-2013, 08:50 AM

If I'm doing something interesting, I'd rather pay attention to real life than be sucked into posting on a little screen.

If it's not interesting, I figure nobody wants to hear about it anyway :lol: