PDA

View Full Version : How can i draw attention to my new forum?

G1TWS
06-15-2013, 01:31 PM
I have created a forum concerning sports, due to apparent censorship on an official site. Sound familar.

I created it last night and I am the admin/membership/guests at the moment.

Apart from going round the sports arena and telling people, (you are not allowed to hand out unauthorised advertising material). What can I do to ensure that it appears in peoples search engines to generate interest.

The forum relates to Cricket, (nothing to see here).

suddenseer
06-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Here is a "how to" list for several search engines. You need to use tags that would lead people who search for "Cricket", and other terms to get your site listed in the search.

http://www.garyshood.com/search/

Good luck, and I hope your site becomes the world's favorite Cricket forum.

Tim

KC2UGV
06-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Add the forum link to your sig line in forums you do patronize. Except on QRZ. They'll ban you for it :rofl:

WØTKX
06-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Well, they might not ban ya for Cricket, fer crying out loud...

WX7P
06-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Well, they might not ban ya for Cricket, fer crying out loud...

I guess one could say that wouldn't be cricket, wot?

NQ6U
06-15-2013, 07:10 PM
This (http://www.uniteddomains.com/new-top-level-domain/sex-domain-registration/) would probably gain you some attention.

NA4BH
06-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Cricket is the coolest game around.

When we were in London, my son and I ducked into a sports pub just off Trafalgar Square for a beer. The locals were glued to a tv watching, of all things NASCAR. We sat down in front of a tv that had cricket on and the barkeep asked what we would like. After the order was taken he asked if we would explain NASCAR to them (don't know how he knew we weren't locals), we said sure if he would explain cricket. Loved to watch it since.

KC2UGV
06-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Cricket is the coolest game around.

When we were in London, my son and I ducked into a sports pub just off Trafalgar Square for a beer. The locals were glued to a tv watching, of all things NASCAR. We sat down in front of a tv that had cricket on and the barkeep asked what we would like. After the order was taken he asked if we would explain NASCAR to them (don't know how he knew we weren't locals), we said sure if he would explain cricket. Loved to watch it since.

Funny enough, I find cricket to be much more fun to watch than Baseball. But, that's because I'm a pinko commie or something.

X-Rated
06-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Whatever you do, don't let the members discuss amateur radio.

W2NAP
06-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Cricket you say.. those things can be annoying when they get in the house and chirp all night long....

VE7DCW
06-16-2013, 08:31 PM
This (http://www.uniteddomains.com/new-top-level-domain/sex-domain-registration/) would probably gain you some attention.

Under normal circumstances that domain could sell the kiss of death for a site!:yes:

WØTKX
06-16-2013, 08:58 PM
I'd add croquet and bandy. ;)