PDA

View Full Version : 8200 WATTS????

W7XF
06-11-2013, 03:58 AM
FCC drops the maul...
No excuses on da Bowl! (http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-targets-online-retailer-in-citation)
The actual citation (http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2013/DA-13-1316A1.html)

W7XF
06-11-2013, 04:27 AM
Screenshot of website: 9796

The accused: 9797

Linque d'Sausage: Want one?? (http://epoweramps.com/psc/xforce_amps/)

N8YX
06-11-2013, 05:12 AM
2SC2879 is capable of ~100W PEP per device in AB; slightly higher in Class C.

No way 32 of them are going to do 8+ KW.

ETA:

My money is on them being ratted out by the competition.

PA5COR
06-11-2013, 05:15 AM
Must be RM Italy watts....;)

wa6mhz
06-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Guess them CHickenbanders are gonna hafta buy their MULTI-PILL Boots from CHINA now!

N2ADV
06-11-2013, 08:32 AM
I am normally just a lurker here but this one made me giggle Hahahahaha

W3WN
06-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Now, the order says that they are to cease & desist, right?

Gee, guess what... their web site still shows stuff for sale.

I know they have 30 days to appeal. Does that mean that until the 30 days are up, unless the appeal, it's business as usual?

N2NH
06-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Now, the order says that they are to cease & desist, right?

Gee, guess what... their web site still shows stuff for sale.

I know they have 30 days to appeal. Does that mean that until the 30 days are up, unless the appeal, it's business as usual?

I agree. It would seem that if no action can be mandated right now, this is just a shot across the bow.

W7UUU
06-11-2013, 08:54 PM

Bird poop watts maybe?

PA5COR
06-12-2013, 01:53 AM
Had a RM KL500 here on the bench a few years back, 4 x mrf454 in it, according to the maker good for 600 watts in SSB.
With added fans i could get 400 out of it and there was a lot of harmonics involved there ....:(
The schematic is based om the EB 104 of Motorola, broadbanded amps no filtering whatsoever, bias for SSB very sloppy as well.
With a good bias and good filter it did then 300 watts relative clean as intended by Motorola.
So devide anything RM italy states by at least 2. and still have a terrible signal without serious reworking their amps.

W3WN
06-12-2013, 07:35 AM
I agree. It would seem that if no action can be mandated right now, this is just a shot across the bow.The ARRL article indicated that the cease-and-desist order was to take effect immediately. (I made a point of emphasizing that when I put it in the club newsletter)

So, if that is the case, and not a misinterpretation by the ARRL staff... and I doubt that it is, although it is possible... either:
(1) An appeal has been filed, automatically staying the C&D
(2) The company is ignoring the FCC

I suspect Option (2) is closer to the truth. And I'll betcha that the company is going to quickly dissipate into a non-entity that can't be fined... and another one will take it's place.

koØm
06-12-2013, 08:24 AM
The ARRL article indicated that the cease-and-desist order was to take effect immediately. (I made a point of emphasizing that when I put it in the club newsletter)

So, if that is the case, and not a misinterpretation by the ARRL staff... and I doubt that it is, although it is possible... either:
(1) An appeal has been filed, automatically staying the C&D
(2) The company is ignoring the FCC

I suspect Option (2) is closer to the truth. And I'll betcha that the company is going to quickly dissipate into a non-entity that can't be fined... and another one will take it's place.

"The FCC called on ePowerAmps to confirm “in writing” that it has stopped marketing unauthorized RF devices and to provide certain information to the commission within 30 days of the C&O. The information request, contained in a non-public appendix to the C&O, seeks to determine ePowerAmps’ “external RF power amplifier suppliers and sales, as well as the disposition of its illegal inventory,” the Commission said".

I don't think this will just, "Disappear and /or dissipate"; the FCC wants to know WHO all were complicit in the manufacturing of, the distribution and, the purchase of these illegal products. The sellers and purchasers left email and financial records of the transactions, Goverment "Super-Computers" should not have a problem connecting all the dots.

The potential is there for mucho feces to be deposited down many pants legs!

W3WN
06-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I saw that too.

For some reason, I keep getting a nagging feeling that I've seen this before. Especially thinking of local news stories of fly-by-night companies in trucking, that disappear when charged with safety violations... or back-of-the-pickup-truck local contractors who disappear with deposits, or leaving behind incomplete or improperly done work... whose companies, again, disappear when legal remedies are sought.

I just have a bad feeling about this one.