PDA

View Full Version : Silent Key

KB2SFH
06-08-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place but I wanted to let the Island know that Dennis Kopecky W2IU formerly W2JR of Linden became a silent key on June 6. He died suddenly and peacefully. I apologize for not getting this out sooner but I have been tied up for past 2 days. It really comes as a shock to those to knew him and saw him last weekend at a daylong ham class/ve session Saturday and the ETS club picnic on Sunday.

K7SGJ
06-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Sorry to hear it. It is always sad to lose one of our own. RIP.

NQ6U
06-08-2013, 02:58 PM
What's the consensus on creating a specific SK thread in the Ham Radio section? Not that there's any problem withy posting them elsewhere, only that it could be argued they deserve special attention.

N2NH
06-08-2013, 03:19 PM
RIP. It's hams that give back to the hobby like this that are most missed.

W3WN
06-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Very sorry to hear this, and our condolences to the family.

KG4CGC
06-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Didn't know the man but the call sounds familiar. RIP OM.

KB2SFH
06-08-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place but I wanted to let the Island know that Dennis Kopecky W2IU formerly W2JR of Linden became a silent key on June 6. He died suddenly and peacefully. I apologize for not getting this out sooner but I have been tied up for past 2 days. It really comes as a shock to those to knew him and saw him last weekend at a daylong ham class/ve session Saturday and the ETS club picnic on Sunday.

http://www.leonardleefuneralhome.com/sitemaker/sites/Leonar1/obit.cgi?user=1007495Kopecky

N8YX
06-09-2013, 10:42 AM
The kind of news we hate to hear. RIP...

N7YA
06-09-2013, 03:57 PM
What's the consensus on creating a specific SK thread in the Ham Radio section? Not that there's any problem withy posting them elsewhere, only that it could be argued they deserve special attention.

I think its appropriate. It wouldnt be a place for arguments or snarkiness, simply a quiet place for these kind of announcements and respect. Good call.

W3WN
06-11-2013, 09:46 AM
What's the consensus on creating a specific SK thread in the Ham Radio section? Not that there's any problem withy posting them elsewhere, only that it could be argued they deserve special attention.A sub-forum might be better, which would enable a different thread per SK.

Sad to say, there will be many more as time goes by.

Just learned this morning that one of the pillars of my club (and like me a former club President), Kevin Smith N3HKQ, passed away overnight. Short story is that the bone marrow transplant failed, but the family isn't releasing any details right now... and they have more important things to deal with anyway than issuing news bulletins.

N7YA
06-11-2013, 06:06 PM
A sub-forum might be better, which would enable a different thread per SK.

Yes, this would be better.