PDA

View Full Version : I hate laptop cords.

KB3LAZ
05-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Really what I hate is universal adapters. The plug does not fit perfect so they wear out. So I grabbed the one from the states and exchanged the plug. All good. Now, it says it is rated for 80-260v. Then again, my camera adapter said the same thing. That's all she wrote....

Made in china sticker, go figure. This one here says made in Japan. Lets see if it fairs any better. The junk inside is likely still made in China.

Random rant, carry on.

WØTKX
05-31-2013, 10:14 PM
I repaired the YL's laptop a few weeks ago. The plug got boogered up. Since the battery pack has less than two hours of life after a full charge now, I took it apart, and hard wired the power cable into the laptop. As well as repairing the messed up touch pad buttons. Much better.

KB3LAZ
06-01-2013, 05:52 AM
I guess this one is made a little better. Still working, lol.

PA5COR
06-01-2013, 09:27 AM
No smoke signs yet?
Reminds me of a song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-MG_35Gk7g
This Acer Travelmate 7720G dualcore's PSU went south 1/2 a year ago, 4 years old 80 watts, i had anuniversal one 120 watts same output voltage cut off the old cord of the original and put it on the universla one, never looked back, power enough to keep the oold beast running.

On ham radio markets i now and then buy up lots of plugs for rewiring that stuff, or even complete warts with cord for an euro, use cord ditch wart.

Done.

KB3LAZ
06-07-2013, 07:25 PM
No smoke signs yet?
Reminds me of a song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-MG_35Gk7g
This Acer Travelmate 7720G dualcore's PSU went south 1/2 a year ago, 4 years old 80 watts, i had anuniversal one 120 watts same output voltage cut off the old cord of the original and put it on the universla one, never looked back, power enough to keep the oold beast running.

On ham radio markets i now and then buy up lots of plugs for rewiring that stuff, or even complete warts with cord for an euro, use cord ditch wart.

Done.

All is still working fine. :D

Bubba
06-08-2013, 01:52 AM
I will put a thumbs up for the Mac laptop power cords. I like the mag connector.