PDA

View Full Version : Movie Reviews

NA4BH
05-27-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm not one to spend the $$$ to go see a movie at the theater, but I think I might just do it with this one.

http://www.homorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/gravity-movie-poster.jpg

You movie goers, what do you like?

PA5COR
05-27-2013, 02:03 AM
I'll watch it on one of tthe 5000 satellite channels i have here with my motorized dish.
Will get my Linux based reciever here this week, H.D. so new things to discover...

KG4NEL
05-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Haven't been to a theater in a while. When I was in school, used to go to one that showed indie/foreign stuff a lot.

As far as download recs, that list could get long ;)

WX7P
05-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Sarah is going to drag me to the new Star Trek movie next weekend.

We haven't been too lucky with the last few movies we've seen. "Drive" was really formula and lousy, except for the creepy Albert Brooks character. I liked the first Star Trek movie, but Sarah said it was "ok", which was not a stunning endorsement.

Really, I liked Chris Pine better in "Bottle Shock", but that may be some regional bias about the story line.

WX7P
05-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Haven't been to a theater in a while. When I was in school, used to go to one that showed indie/foreign stuff a lot.

As far as download recs, that list could get long ;)

Roger that.

The UC theater in Berkeley, CA (now closed) used to do lots of indie stuff. Spent lots of time there.

W2NAP
05-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Torrents baby.

al2n
05-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Last time I was at the theater was December.

I want to see the new Trek movie, but we are having a hard time keeping gas in the jeep and food in the pantry, so frills are not an option right now. Will wait till it hits the 3 dollar movie house later this summer before I go.

If I take the family, a trip to the movies ends up costing me about 100 bucks after tickets, popcorn, soda, and such. When I go alone it can manage it for under 15, but the ladies have to run up the bill just to piss me off.

n2ize
05-27-2013, 11:04 PM
I was looking as the Star Treck website and a...

W7XF
05-28-2013, 07:18 PM
I don't do theatres anymore...ever since they got really into searching backpacks/purses, etc...not for weapons, but for the tiniest scrap of outside food...

WØTKX
05-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Yea, crotching a box of root beer barrels is no fun.

W6UV
05-29-2013, 11:12 PM
I don't do theatres anymore...ever since they got really into searching backpacks/purses, etc...not for weapons, but for the tiniest scrap of outside food...

Who needs to carry a backpack into a movie theater? What does anyone have in there that they could possibly need during a movie?

W7XF
05-30-2013, 01:09 AM
Who needs to carry a backpack into a movie theater? What does anyone have in there that they could possibly need during a movie?

I ride a motorcycle.... need something to carry the beer in!

W2NAP
05-30-2013, 12:45 PM

backpack to bring yer own food and drink so you are not ripped off by the place selling a small 50 cent candy bar for $8 a 86cent fountain drink for $10