PDA

View Full Version : My pickup does NOT have a sign saying HOME SWEET HOME on it!!!!!

W7XF
05-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Look what i saw when i was getting ready to take off to the store this morning!!! She could have picked a better place to set up house and home!!

WØTKX
05-22-2013, 02:13 AM
:lol:
Damn doves do that to our work trucks every year.
Glad you're hanging at home, and tried the bike. :agree:

N2CHX
05-22-2013, 04:01 AM
Nice!

LOL

KK4AMI
05-22-2013, 05:25 AM
Apparently she had a need for speed. :lol:

PA5COR
05-22-2013, 05:32 AM
We normally have the "ornaments"on the front of the bonnet ;)

W3WN
05-22-2013, 07:50 AM
A dove?

C'mon, man. Give Peace a chance...

K7SGJ
05-22-2013, 08:31 AM
It always amazes me at how little a dove needs to consider the nest, a nest. Other birds have such elaborate "homes", and some are architectural wonders. But then, the quail around here just lay their eggs without any nesting.

NA4BH
05-22-2013, 10:43 AM
It always amazes me at how little a dove needs to consider the nest, a nest. Other birds have such elaborate "homes", and some are architectural wonders. But then, the quail around here just lay their eggs without any nesting.

Bird brains?

KG4CGC
05-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Check the air filter compartment for dove eggs.

On an unrelated note, on our current ride, there is a large ''bucket'' in front of the air filter, before the filtered air enters the long intake tube leading to the throttle body. The opening to the ''bucket'' is large enough for a squirrel to enter and the storage area is about a bushel and a half of pecans and acorns.

WØTKX
05-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Easy pickings. Quail and their eggs are tasty.

K7SGJ
05-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Check the air filter compartment for dove eggs.

On an unrelated note, on our current ride, there is a large ''bucket'' in front of the air filter, before the filtered air enters the long intake tube leading to the throttle body. The opening to the ''bucket'' is large enough for a squirrel to enter and the storage area is about a bushel and a half of pecans and acorns.

I always wondered where their nuts were.

WX7P
05-22-2013, 11:29 PM
When I did the World Famous Nevada QSO Party in 1990, we went off road at the Rye Patch Reservoir, Pershing County, Nevada east of Lovelock.

We were there for 3 days. I was driving a 1984 Buick Century Station Wagon and pulling a Uhaul trailer with all the radio junk. Went off road (no kidding) about 5 miles near the edge of the reservoir. Set up the antenna and did RTTY with an old Vic 20 and the generator and worked pretty much everyone on HF.

We (Brand eX #2) and my daughter (she was 4) were fully prepared for food. We had peaches, fruit and all kinds of BBQ meat. It was a feast! I got to work DX from Nevada, and they got to eat and chase lizards.

When the fun was over, we packed up the Buick. It was time to go back to Concord, CA. Get into the car, turn the key and NADA. This was before real cell service and the partner started to panic. I told her to shut her hole, so she didn't spook the kid and I check under the hood.

I opened the hood and saw one of our napkins neatly spread out over the air cleaner, anchored by 4 peach pits. I looked into the engine compartment and saw two little eyes staring up at me. It was a kangaroo rat that decided that since the Buick had been parked there for 3 days, he was going to make it his happy home. He also decided to chew through one of the battery cables which inop'ed the car.

I got out the generator with the battery cables and was able to start the Buick and we were on our way.

No status on the rouge kangaroo rat.

K7SGJ
05-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Probably one of my kinfolk.

NA4BH
05-22-2013, 11:45 PM
Probably one of my kinfolk.

Tell her I said THANKS

suddenseer
05-23-2013, 08:52 PM
aawwwwww. That is so cute.