05-16-2013, 04:35 PM
NEW CALL AREA RECORD!!!

THEY LET JUST ANYBODY WIN THESE AWARDS.

KG4CGC
05-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Congratulations FB OM!

PA5COR
05-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Congrats O.M, i just have a few here normally i don't participate in contests, might reconsider and all that? Nahhhhh ;)

K7SGJ
05-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Jesus Christ, JAFC. Just Another Fucking Contester No wonder the bands are always tied up, and I can't find anywhere to have MY important QSOs.

By the way, congrats. I'm always impressed with low power ops that do well. It shows skill and tenacity.

X-Rated
05-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Thank you all. I don't operate contests much. The last 3 I operated were 2008 CQWW CW, 2009 CQWW CW, and this one. I received wallpaper for my entry in 2008. I did 40M exclusively and doubled my score from 2008 in 2009 in the same category and lost miserably. Sorry to use up the CW band like that.

N8YX
05-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Good show, Jerry!

Jeff K1NSS
05-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Look at you, you Berserker Jerry! Nice work.

X-Rated
05-18-2013, 06:13 AM
Thanks. A couple of logging errors and they hit my score about 4000 points.

KB3LAZ
05-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Congrats. :)

Bubba
05-21-2013, 01:55 AM
Nice... It looks like you have more than just your eyes popping out

X-Rated
05-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks fellas. Yeah, I was getting a high rise in jeans when it came in the mail.

So they sent me a survey before I got the award asking me questions like whether I would prefer they didn't hit the contesters so hard with massive point loss for logging errors. I indicated I didn't have a problem with that. They asked as to whether they should do away with the assisted categories and I indicated I didn't want those to go away. I think assisted and non-assisted should be separate. The survey was open only to the ones who participated in the contest this year.

K7SGJ
05-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks fellas. Yeah, I was getting a high rise in jeans when it came in the mail.

So they sent me a survey before I got the award asking me questions like whether I would prefer they didn't hit the contesters so hard with massive point loss for logging errors. I indicated I didn't have a problem with that. They asked as to whether they should do away with the assisted categories and I indicated I didn't want those to go away. I think assisted and non-assisted should be separate. The survey was open only to the ones who participated in the contest this year.

Ebil surveys.

W3WN
05-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Nice job, and congrats!

So they sent me a survey before I got the award asking me questions like whether I would prefer they didn't hit the contesters so hard with massive point loss for logging errors. I indicated I didn't have a problem with that. They asked as to whether they should do away with the assisted categories and I indicated I didn't want those to go away. I think assisted and non-assisted should be separate. The survey was open only to the ones who participated in the contest this year.Yeah, well, when the word about those surveys got around, they suddenly opened them up to all contesters. One of the reasons that one of the cq contest reflector owners has put me on double-secret probation...

[ There's a real push by some in the upper echelons of the contesting hiearchy to merge the assisted & non-assisted categories. All of us who like the challenge of the non-assisted (aka unlimited) categories... as K0HB puts is, "a boy and his radio" but no packet-cluster or RBN feeds... are now considered fuddy-duddies and curmudgeons. But that's another story. ]