PDA

View Full Version : Most Disgusting thing I've ever seen

KK4AMI
05-16-2013, 08:39 AM
I was outside working on my flower beds when all of a sudden a loud clatter of noise emanated from the side of the house. I knew my heat pump was on that side and figured f@#k here comes another bill. It sounded like somebody was pouring gravel over my fan.I ran around to the side of the house only to see blood, guts and skin flying out the top. It looked like a story plot for a Steven King novel. Best I can guess a chipmunk crawled in from the bottom and decided to sun himself on top of the fan. Needless to say he is no longer a fan of AC. I didn't even look inside and just ran the hose on it to wash him out.

Old keyboard or old eyes lost the g for a c in my title

KC2UGV
05-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Wow... That had to have been one well of a shocker.

N2NH
05-16-2013, 09:05 AM
I'll bet he was all torn up over it.

N8YX
05-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Wanna know the last thing that went through his mind when the fan kicked on?

suddenseer
05-16-2013, 10:47 AM
It's hard to wrap that picture into my mind. I will chill for awhile, and give it a spin.

Wanna know the last thing that went through his mind when the fan kicked on?
His teeth?

WØTKX
05-16-2013, 11:41 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DsuKQ5xER_I/SwVEMsgwYAI/AAAAAAAACTc/jkAn8XJUq6Q/s1600/zettwoch_leon_gopherguts.jpg

NQ6U
05-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Old keyboard or old eyes lost the g for a c in my title

Fixed that for you, Mike.

KK4AMI
05-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Fixed that for you, Mike.

Thank you for doing your part to reduce America's illiteracy rate.

KG4CGC
05-17-2013, 03:22 AM
One morning I'm standing at the front door as my wife was getting in the truck to leave, then she starts the truck.
"thump thump thump" I yelled "STOP!"
Three thumps and I was sick. I thought it was one of my cats. It was a cat but not one mine or one that I recognized.
Cat was sleeping on the motor or there abouts and got caught in the serpentine belt. Eww.
Man, that was a sick feeling. Now if I don't see them, I check under the hood. One day I found a kitten in the bay behind the radiator in front of the fan. Something just told me to look before I started the truck.

VK3ZL
05-17-2013, 04:39 AM
Hey you guys don't get out much do you...

Years of harvesting wheat has brought to light many gruesome disasters...You have to understand that a heading machine is a big and complex beast...It will chew up anything that goes through the combs and up the elevator into the drum which spins at a great rate of knots, is bloody heavy with rows of serrated beaters to separate the grain from the husk..

I have seen countless birds, possums, dogs and bloody big Tiger Snakes make the journey through a header to be deposited across the straw walkers along with the beaten husks, straw and plenty of chewed up blood and guts....Great stuff that..

Worse if the bugger gets caught up in an elevator and jams it up tight followed by the loud clatter of one of the slipping clutches....That takes hours sometimes to clear, hours we can't afford during wheat harvest..

Farming for a big part of my life has made me immune to the blood and guts side of things...I still slaughter the odd cow, sheep or porker for the table..I wince when I see some of the terrible injuries that farm animals sustain from accidents, barbed wire fences, broken legs, cows and sheep with stuck breech births etc...This is all routine when you are on the land...

Funny thing, I can't stand the sight of a child with even a small injury, cut or just sick...That turns me to jelly..Dogs and cats the same..I love animals and treat them with care and kindness, that includes our farm animals..I consider myself blessed that I have had so much experience with animals over my lifetime..I often think animals are better people than people...

Now put a wire screen over that bloody fan.:idea:

Bob..VK3ZL..

N2RJ
05-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Yeah mine has a wire screen. Won't need it when the coil goes into the ground though. Our next big project. Geothermal. :)

N7YA
05-19-2013, 07:44 PM
If you look in the General Forum home screen...this thread, "The most disgusting thing i've ever seen", is immediately followed by "Dick Trickle"...the recently departed driver not being the subject, and going on the words alone....yes, it would rank right up there. :vomit: