PDA

View Full Version : Interesting eBay Find...

W3WN
05-13-2013, 02:12 PM
So, last week I get an email out of the blue from a ham I've never contacted before, Ed PA3KOE (hey Cor, do you know him?).

It's letting me know about an interesting piece of pre-WW 2 memorabilia that had just shown up on eBay.

It was incorrectly listed as a "WW2 German Third Reich Nazi propaganda Radio permit card" -- but it wasn't.

And I just found out I won the auction for it...

WØTKX
05-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Holy shit, whatta find! :agree:

Be careful, Glenn Beck might want it for his fetish collection. ;)

PA5COR
05-13-2013, 02:25 PM
He doesn't ring a bell with me, just got his full license this year from novice in 2009, so a newbie.
Strange he send you a mail..... can't think of any reason how he got your mail addy and why mail you?

Congrats with the qsl card ;)

NQ6U
05-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Wow, you're older than I thought, Ron.

On Edit: I wonder what became of Mr. Stuber. Hope he survived the war.

W3WN
05-13-2013, 02:33 PM
He doesn't ring a bell with me, just got his full license this year from novice in 2009, so a newbie.
Strange he send you a mail..... can't think of any reason how he got your mail addy and why mail you?

Congrats with the qsl card ;)Maybe I worked him via a club call or under a prior call? I will find out, as I owe him a big thanks.

I do have a few of the original W3WN's QSL cards, collected over the years, plus one signed by Ed (with call) from another station he was operating from. So this will be a very interesting addition to the collection.

Kind of funny that everything I've found was from the 1930's. Could he have gone inactive after WW2, kept the license but never used it, or used it much? I guess I'll never know.

W3WN
05-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Wow, you're older than I thought, Ron.

On Edit: I wonder what became of Mr. Stuber. Hope he survived the war.Thanks a heap. You're getting as bad as the ARRL on that, Your Holeyness. I just got my '40 years membership' certificate from them, unexpected & out of the blue, last week. I don't feel that old!!!!

WØTKX
05-13-2013, 02:58 PM
At least you have enough hair left for the Grecian Formula.

:neener:

KJ3N
05-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Holy shit, whatta find! :agree:

Be careful, Glenn Beck might want it for his fetish collection. ;)

Glenn Beck has Nazi Tourette's

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-may-12-2010/back-in-black---glenn-beck-s-nazi-tourette-s