PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Survival tips

N1LAF
05-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Now running Windows 7 at work, it is an adjustment. There are some neat aspects of the new Windows Explorer, but feels bloated with lots of white space, and I am frequently opening two Windows Explorers to transfer files around. But one thing that really bothers me... they turned Wordpad into the old Microsoft Write. Sucks. Wordpad was a decent text editor, didn't have the line feed/carriage return flaws of Notepad, now the wordpad in Windows 7 has all that other junk in it.

There is a solution.. just tested it tonight.

In Windows XP, wordpad.exe can be found at folder: C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories

I copied wordpad.exe to a USB thumb drive, and renamed it to Wordpad_XP.exe.

Then I booted my Windows 7 Pro/64 bit system, and copied Wordpad_XP.exe to Windows 7 desktop. it runs just like it did on XP.

Relief....

N1LAF
05-11-2013, 10:09 PM
I have multiple text and graphics programs, and like to put them in the sendto folder, at the same time I got rid of the Microsoft crap (Send to fax, etc...) in the Sendto folder. They hide it in Windows 7.

But there is a way to access it.

Open Windows Explorer, and type the following into the location/address bar:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

There is your Sendto folder.

Now you can create a shortcut for your Sendto folder.

N1LAF
05-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Microsoft paint works just as well

Microsoft paint can be found here:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mspaint.exe

I copy to USB thumb drive, rename to mspaint_XP.exe, and copy it to Windows 7.

There are some things easier in using XP version of paint (simple editing). Now I have both the old and the new.

I like options...